Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

davd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi, for context: my jailbroken Switch got accidentally connected to WiFi and updated to 16.0.3.

I decided to remove jailbreak and disabled autoRCM using Hekate and performed a hard reset using haku33.

It was all good, I was starting to use the Switch, got Nintendo Online, got Fzero 99 which required an update which I did, after reset the Switch is on a black screen. It shows the Nintendo logo but then nothing. Tried booting a couple different ways to no success, any suggestions?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, for context: my jailbroken Switch got accidentally connected to WiFi and updated to 16.0.3.

I decided to remove jailbreak and disabled autoRCM using Hekate and performed a hard reset using haku33.

It was all good, I was starting to use the Switch, got Nintendo Online, got Fzero 99 which required an update which I did, after reset the Switch is on a black screen. It shows the Nintendo logo but then nothing. Tried booting a couple different ways to no success, any suggestions?
bad move "hard reset" and wipe are prove create some soft bricks, you will need to boot at least one time on Atmosphère 1.6.1 to avoid future bricks.

davd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
bad move "hard reset" and wipe are prove create some soft bricks, you will need to boot at least one time on Atmosphère 1.6.1 to avoid future bricks.

I think I was doing the power cycle wrong. I'm able to Inject now, none of the injects I have is working though.

I just tried injecting Atmosphère 1.6.1 and I get a yellow screen?

davd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
you need to inject the payload once again.

I just tried injecting Atmosphère 1.6.1 and I get a yellow screen. I saw something this ini file but I don't have any references. https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosphere-yellow-screen.602597/#post-9650721

Thanks for helping out btw.

Wait, I had the bin file but was missing putting the extracted zip (atmosphere/switch/hbmenu.no) to the SD, excuse my noobness.
Post automatically merged:

I just tried injecting Atmosphère 1.6.1 and I get a yellow screen. I saw something this ini file but I don't have any references. https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosphere-yellow-screen.602597/#post-9650721

Wait, I had the bin file but was missing putting the extracted zip (atmosphere/switch/hbmenu.no) to the SD, excuse my noobness.

OK I am now booted, phew! Thought I had finally bricked it for good.

How do I make sure I'm safe from being banned though because right now I guess I booted into jailbroken mode still? I'm seeing Goldleaf and all that plus the Switch online stuff.

Interesting, I just booted into 'normal' mode by pressing Volume - while restarting. I know it's normal 'cause the albums app opens photos, not like Goldleaf and emulators.

Is that it for being safe from getting banned? I want to play the Nintendo Online games and whatnot but I fear the ban hammer. How to be sure/safe?

Last edited by davd,

StoCazzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello people!

I'm new to modding Switch but I was modding Android phones in the past so I just need to understand what is what.

I have a problem with fusee.bin

The thing is, when I read your noob guide it looks like I did everything correctly as I enter Hekate and I am able to create emuMMC partition.

In that guide you say:
"Congratulations you are done. You can go into “System Settings”, scroll down to “System”, and you should see an “E” at the end of your “Current version:” indicating you are in your emuMMC."

But, on the guide I was following from a guy on YouTube (i think Kristofer or something like that) after the emuMMC creation he tells to go to "Payloads" from thr Hekate interface and select "fusee.bin".
Once I do that I have Atmosphere logo loading for a second and then
"fatal error: unable to identify package!
Press power to reboot"

So my question is: am I doing anything wrong? My Switch is v1 unpatched with green serial and it's running version 17.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello people!

I'm new to modding Switch but I was modding Android phones in the past so I just need to understand what is what.

I have a problem with fusee.bin

The thing is, when I read your noob guide it looks like I did everything correctly as I enter Hekate and I am able to create emuMMC partition.

In that guide you say:
"Congratulations you are done. You can go into “System Settings”, scroll down to “System”, and you should see an “E” at the end of your “Current version:” indicating you are in your emuMMC."

But, on the guide I was following from a guy on YouTube (i think Kristofer or something like that) after the emuMMC creation he tells to go to "Payloads" from thr Hekate interface and select "fusee.bin".
Once I do that I have Atmosphere logo loading for a second and then
"fatal error: unable to identify package!
Press power to reboot"

So my question is: am I doing anything wrong? My Switch is v1 unpatched with green serial and it's running version 17.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Did that YouTuber offer some compilation of files that you should download in order to get your Switch hacked? If so, they could be outdated. Firmware 17.0.0 was released recently and there were plenty of changes introduced by Nintendo which, unfortunately, broke several things.

I'd suggest that you start from scratch and follow this guide. I suggest using emuMMC and downgrading to 16.1.0 via Daybreak. You can find the firmware files by quick Google search (we are not allowed to link to the site hosting those, it shouldn't be hard to find it). Once you're all set and done, you'll need to copy over the sigpatches from here (made for firmware 16.1.0 and Atmosphere 1.6.1 (pre-release)).

Reactions: StoCazzo

StoCazzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did that YouTuber offer some compilation of files that you should download in order to get your Switch hacked? If so, they could be outdated. Firmware 17.0.0 was released recently and there were plenty of changes introduced by Nintendo which, unfortunately, broke several things.

I'd suggest....

Hi Blythe,

First of all thanks for taking the time to answer me on a Sunday, really appreciated.
Secondly, thanks for shedding some light on the matter.
Now I know what my issue is: I have the latest version on my switch but followed a guide and installed atmosphere 1.5.4 and hekate 6.0.5

So your solution is to downgrade to latest supported firmware and use atmosphere etc for that one.
Is it safe to downgrade? I don't want to risk bricking it :)

In alternative, waiting tor atmosphere hekate etc to support v17 is also an option?

Thanks again mate!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response. That makes sense. Say however I want to boot into stock without using RCM...can that ever be possible again?
As explained previously, that can only be done if the firmware matches the fuse count. That means you can only boot stock without RCM on firmware 17.0 or higher but not 16.1 or below.
Thank you. So just to confirm then, if I used Daybreak in CFW to update back to 17.0, i'd be able to boot into stock without having to use RCM?
While you will be able to boot stock without having to use RCM, you then put yourself at risk for getting banned since you will be using CFW and homebrew to update to firmware 17.0. If your goal is to return back to firmware 17.0 to launch stock without RCM, you should do so as cleanly as possible. That will involve restoring a clean eMMC backup then updating the console online. This is assuming you didn't update the console to 17.0 by going online. If that is the case, then there is no benefit returning to 17.0 because you will put yourself at risk for being banned since Nintendo will figure out that you downgraded.
Hi guys. Need some help with my switch on dock mode. I'm going to try my best to give the details on what's going on and all the research I've done:

The Issue: I connect my switch to the dock then when I open up every game to play it crashes within minutes saying "The software was closed because an error occurred." The games this happens are Super Mario 3D World, Zelda BOTW, Xenoblade 2, bascially every game I try I get that error message saying "The software was closed because an error occurred.", the only difference is the time, may happens in tittle screen (Mario) or after some minutes of gameplay (like Zelda or Xenoblade).

Also whenever I put on dock mode, whatever TV I connect, the image presents some flickering glitches, Xenoblade 1, for example, even flicker with a weird green taint, again none of this happens in handheld mode.

What I've Done:

So far I've done is talked with nintendo support and we went through a bunch of steps from making sure the software/firmware is updated, to uninstalling and reinstalling the game. None of it worked.

I've bought a USB Type-C to HDMI & USB 3.0 with Power Delivery and it did not work either. I tried other official Docks and it didn't work either.

I have checked my SD card, tested with another ones, formated, and the problem persists.

I've gone through a bunch of reddit/another gbatemp posts which were not helpful.

OBS: The dock and my cables are all official and, in case of the HDMI cable, I tested severe of them.
Is your console hacked, either now or previously?

OK I am now booted, phew! Thought I had finally bricked it for good.

How do I make sure I'm safe from being banned though because right now I guess I booted into jailbroken mode still? I'm seeing Goldleaf and all that plus the Switch online stuff.

Interesting, I just booted into 'normal' mode by pressing Volume - while restarting. I know it's normal 'cause the albums app opens photos, not like Goldleaf and emulators.

Is that it for being safe from getting banned? I want to play the Nintendo Online games and whatnot but I fear the ban hammer. How to be sure/safe?
I think at this point you've already flagged yourself. By going online then using Haku33, you created a mismatch of data that Nintendo has on your console. Basically, there were some logs and data stored on your console that was sent to Nintendo when you went online but by using homebrew to delete them, you have told Nintendo that you modified your device to remove those logs and data. Now being flagged doesn't mean you are banned; it means that Nintendo can ban you at any time. You may be safe for now but during the next banwave, you can easily become a victim. So at this point there is really nothing you can do to avoid getting banned. Your console is past the point of no return. Even if you keep your console offline, Nintendo already knows which is your console so they can blacklist it from their servers without you connecting online.
Hi Blythe,

First of all thanks for taking the time to answer me on a Sunday, really appreciated.
Secondly, thanks for shedding some light on the matter.
Now I know what my issue is: I have the latest version on my switch but followed a guide and installed atmosphere 1.5.4 and hekate 6.0.5

So your solution is to downgrade to latest supported firmware and use atmosphere etc for that one.
Is it safe to downgrade? I don't want to risk bricking it :)

In alternative, waiting tor atmosphere hekate etc to support v17 is also an option?

Thanks again mate!
Downgrading is always safe if you know what you are doing. If you burnt fuses when updating, then you'll only be able to boot the console through RCM after you've downgraded. The only way to check if the fuses have been burnt or not is by checking the fuse info via Hekate. The other alternative you described as happened for the most part. Hekate and Atmosphere have already been updated to support firmware 17.0. However, not everything currently works. The most notable exception are the patches. If you plan to pirate on firmware 17.0, then you will have to wait. How long is anybody's guess.

Reactions: StoCazzo

r0ni3

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello everyone.
I have recently purchased a switch vulnerable to RCM.
Unfortunately while waiting for the JIG to arrive I have upgraded to 17.0.
I hadn't even heard of sigpatchs yet :P
I would like to downgrade to 16.0.1 in the meantime, how do you recommend I go about it?
the console is still stock

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello everyone.
I have recently purchased a switch vulnerable to RCM.
Unfortunately while waiting for the JIG to arrive I have upgraded to 17.0.
I hadn't even heard of sigpatchs yet :P
I would like to downgrade to 16.0.1 in the meantime, how do you recommend I go about it?
the console is still stock

Just wait it out for firmware 17.0.0 patches, the patches probably be out by the time you get the jig.

Last edited by Hayato213,

kipkup

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well there is something that you can try to fix your game which has worked for others. Its entering Maintenance Mode. If you don't know how to enter it, what you have to do is hold the volume + and - buttons when you turn the console on. You will then be greeted by a special screen. Once you're in, you don't have to do anything else. Simply exit or turn the console off. Its not known why this works but its believed that it may clear the cache of the console so to speak.
I did not know about maintenance mode so thank you for the tip. Unfortunately it did not help. I tried maintenance mode like you said, by simply entering it and exiting. After maintenance mode I tried the following. Basically still the same issues.

1. Starting an already installed game with "The software was closed because an error occurred". It failed. Still the same error.

2. Deleting the game, re-entering maintenance mode and reinstalling. It failed. Same error as before.

3. I tried to reinstall a game with the Tinwoo issue. It failed. Same error as before.

4. I also tried to install a new previously never installed game. It worked.
I do not know if it would have been before maintenance mode but just putting it out there.

I wonder if I simply need to try to to a wipe the console, hoping for the best. I may need to look into JKSV for that.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not know about maintenance mode so thank you for the tip. Unfortunately it did not help. I tried maintenance mode like you said, by simply entering it and exiting. After maintenance mode I tried the following. Basically still the same issues.

1. Starting an already installed game with "The software was closed because an error occurred". It failed. Still the same error.

2. Deleting the game, re-entering maintenance mode and reinstalling. It failed. Same error as before.

3. I tried to reinstall a game with the Tinwoo issue. It failed. Same error as before.

4. I also tried to install a new previously never installed game. It worked.
I do not know if it would have been before maintenance mode but just putting it out there.

I wonder if I simply need to try to to a wipe the console, hoping for the best. I may need to look into JKSV for that.
Do you have any cheats or sysmodules enabled?

Adelherz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When i am in hekate and click lunch i have four options
1. SysMMC
2. EmuMMC
3. Stock

So which one is the one i install my normal games and can play online with? When i open SysMMC i have homebrew applications. With Stock theres just the album.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i am in hekate and click lunch i have four options
1. SysMMC
2. EmuMMC
3. Stock

So which one is the one i install my normal games and can play online with? When i open SysMMC i have homebrew applications. With Stock theres just the album.

SysMMC Sysnand CFW NAND is shared with Stock, so you need an emunand if you want to use online play

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I will still jump onto yours :D, from time to time Psi :evil::D