Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

gonefishing1975

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, there are several modchips that can be used to hack patched and newer Switch units. These include the SX Core, hwfly series, and picofly. You can find these on AliExpress or other resellers.
Hi

Any guides on this site for installing the modchips as the ones i find on you tube tend to be poor quality picture. Also any guide on what do software wise once the chip is installed? Thanks

Qeality

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was downloading files, a key fike to dump games, among others, got error message then was doing a clean copy and keep getting those messages. sx says am on fw 10.2
it wont let me read cartiges, i deleted the cloud games(nsp) i had on sx they keep apearing on atmos
You can dump games using tinfoil. check your config file.

nomadic69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can dump games using tinfoil. check your config file.
yea still switch doesnt recognize games
will do a clean install and see if i get same issues
any other way to update firmware if i cant get atmos to work right?
sx is also having the same issue of not reading games

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

Any guides on this site for installing the modchips as the ones i find on you tube tend to be poor quality picture. Also any guide on what do software wise once the chip is installed? Thanks
rentry has guides for both hwfly and SX Core but not picofly. I believe you can find information about picofly from the pinned thread in this forum by my friend.
yea still switch doesnt recognize games
will do a clean install and see if i get same issues
any other way to update firmware if i cant get atmos to work right?
sx is also having the same issue of not reading games
If you cannot boot CFW but want to update your firmware, your only choice is to use emmchaccgen.

Reactions: nomadic69

nomadic69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rentry has guides for both hwfly and SX Core but not picofly. I believe you can find information about picofly from the pinned thread in this forum by my friend.

If you cannot boot CFW but want to update your firmware, your only choice is to use emmchaccgen.
i dont quite understand, Do i drop files on root of sd card or do i run it on my pc? i found an exe file but closes after running, doesnt seem like doing anything

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont quite understand, Do i drop files on root of sd card or do i run it on my pc? i found an exe file but closes after running, doesnt seem like doing anything
I swear there used to be a guide on the GitHub page or a link to the actual guide. Anyway, the author of emmchaccgen did make a guide which you can find here
Hello everyone,

Is there any software to update games with patch without remove SD card through wifi ?

Each time, I want to use mod or cheat I don’t have the most recent version of game and I have to do everything manually

Thanks
Yes, its called Nintendo but unfortunately that introduces a risk of being banned. Alternatively, if you don't want to update your games without removing the SD card, you can always USB install the .NSP updates.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Greetings, I've run into an issue while installing SXOS for the first time on an unpatch V1 Switch. Since I don't have proper SXOS license, I followed this guide on how to get hacked version of it installed. I guess that I successfully installed it, seeing that I got the license.dat file in the end, but for some reason when I try to boot into custom FW, I just get a black screen.

Here's what I did so far:
1) I've copied the clean boot.dat file that I've grabbed from the previously mentioned guide to the 256GB microSD card that I've formatted to FAT32 file system and inserted it into the Switch. I've also copied the sx-payload.bin to the Rekado app on my phone in order to run boot into SXOS menu.
2) I've created emuNAND using its slow built-in tool, successfully.
3) I've tried launching CFW afterwards (I've got a license-request.dat after doing it for the first time), but nothing happened.
4) I've followed the rest of the guide, got the proper license.dat (and custom theme, provided by mrdude as well) and I thought that would be it. Alas, my Switch still boots into black screen.

I believe that my current OFW could be an issue because it's on 15.0.1 and I guess that SXOS's emuNAND tool creates a copy of sysNAND on the same FW? How should i go about downgrading the firmware on my SXOS emuNAND?

What else am I missing? As a new user, how would you go about installing SXOS for the first time from FW 15.0.1?
I've stumbled upon binkinator's post here where he mentioned that one should do the Atmosphere/Hekate install, make an emuNAND, dowgrade it via Daybreak and then make a copy of 11.0.0 Atmosphere emuNAND to an SXOS Partition based partition using EmuTool. Sadly, I can not figure out how to achieve that. Do I need two SD cards, one with Atmos emuNAND, the other one with SXOS emuNAND and then do what he did using EmuTool to acomplish that? Can anyone elaborate what exactly needs to be done here?

In the end, my goal is to make a dual emuNAND setup detailed here, with both SXOS on 11.0.0 and Atoms on the latest FW version, while keeping sysNAND intact, for the online play. As for why would I like SXOS, mainly because I'd like to give XCI USB loading feature a try.

Sorry for the long post, I hope that someone will be able to help me out. ^^ I've tried different approaches so far, but none of them worked and I feel like I'm just going in circles.
Thank you for your time.
Can anyone help me out? It's been a few days and I still haven't figured out how to install SXOS correctly (i.e. how to downgrade SXOS emuNAND's FW, provided that's the problem that causes my Switch not to boot into CFW).

nomadic69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you @Qeality you were righ the downgrade was the issue
also thank you @Draxzelex, ur methot wasnt necesary but thank you

so i got it fix
also supper clean switch, backed everything up
also the sxos file i didnt put it back on the switch(boots directly into hekate)
i did update with daybreak while on applet mode (16.0.3 bootless)
did clean update(delete evething)
switch ask me to delete sdcard- i did back up before proceding
after delete seems no files were change

if anyone needs lockpick_RCM.bin for Draxzelex method

Attachments

• Lockpick_RCM.zip
    86.9 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Qeality

Keriam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I swear there used to be a guide on the GitHub page or a link to the actual guide. Anyway, the author of emmchaccgen did make a guide which you can find here

Yes, its called Nintendo but unfortunately that introduces a risk of being banned. Alternatively, if you don't want to update your games without removing the SD card, you can always USB install the .NSP updates.
Thanks for the answer but the idea was to do it without any computer...nintendo will banned you very quick.
Post automatically merged:

Any existing homebrew to control fan curve on Nswitch ?

Last edited by Keriam,
Reactions: nomadic69

AJWSquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That user you quoted hasn't logged on for 2 months so you probably won't get a response from him. Have you verified that your SD card is not fake?
I wouldn't know how to check, but its SanDisk branded and was bought from retail. I'm not sure what else it could be as it has only happened the one time

nomadic69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first time hearing about NXMP
I never had an issue with a movie not been able to play or music not able to run
PPLAY came with the switch I bought and honestly it works fine also was running fw 10.2
I recently was able to update the fw to 16.0.3 haven’t trued it
Just make sure to make a folder call media or other name you like , I kept mine on the root of the sd card, just playing it same from messing with other files
Also back then I was using sx-os rn it’s atmosphere

Sorry am no much help in which app is better

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i was one of first sxos users it was before atmosphere was available. PPlay laggs on my 16.0,3 OLED, but NXMP works.
first time hearing about NXMP
I never had an issue with a movie not been able to play or music not able to run
PPLAY came with the switch I bought and honestly it works fine also was running fw 10.2
I recently was able to update the fw to 16.0.3 haven’t trued it
Just make sure to make a folder call media or other name you like , I kept mine on the root of the sd card, just playing it same from messing with other files
Also back then I was using sx-os rn it’s atmosphere

Sorry am no much help in which app is better

veggav

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, need to figure something out, I'm migrating my 128GB microSD to a 512GB one.

I have AMS with emunand as a hidden partition.
My SD card is 86GB exFat as primary partition and after that 32.86GB emunand partition.

So, I tried NxNandManager but it screwed up the partition after the full nand rebuild.

Now I'm trying AOMEI partition tool to just clone the disk.

The problem is that it still leaves the exFat partiton as 86GB and is making a 390GB partition that I believe will be a bigger emunand...

Since I can't increase the exFat partition using AOMEI.. I'm stuck with this setup?
Is this ok? I mean all I need is to just install the games to Nand, right?

Am I missing something here?

diddlydennis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
read through the guide, just want to ask going to back up my nand and do a emunand. However, confused about games I actually own, can i update them still or is this impossible?

nomadic69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
read through the guide, just want to ask going to back up my nand and do a emunand. However, confused about games I actually own, can i update them still or is this impossible?
If your worried about your games you can back em up with nx-dump it can back em app even if they are installed if am not mistaken
Post automatically merged:

Hey, need to figure something out, I'm migrating my 128GB microSD to a 512GB one.

I have AMS with emunand as a hidden partition.
My SD card is 86GB exFat as primary partition and after that 32.86GB emunand partition.

So, I tried NxNandManager but it screwed up the partition after the full nand rebuild.

Now I'm trying AOMEI partition tool to just clone the disk.

The problem is that it still leaves the exFat partiton as 86GB and is making a 390GB partition that I believe will be a bigger emunand...

Since I can't increase the exFat partition using AOMEI.. I'm stuck with this setup?
Is this ok? I mean all I need is to just install the games to Nand, right?

Am I missing something here?
You can creat partitions with a computer, also you might wanna only copy the files and not delete the content of your old sd card,
I had to do a clean install
Sorry not much help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya