Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already tried that. At first I downloaded the zip file that has all the things on one site, and when that didn't work, I tried reinstalling from each program's github, then tried again from the github, but this time deleting the old folders and installing the files fresh. Nothing is working.
I believe Hekate has a function to repair emuMMC in its menu.
OK on CFW and on emmunand, however, i want to play Stardew local communication with a friend on our indivdual switches. However,when I did selecte it it asks me to link to a nintendo account. So what do I do?, obviously not going to use my real one but can I just create a fake one?
You can use Linkalho to link a fake Nintendo account.
Hi,
First problem I thought was my battery dying, in April when to a shop that sell switch battery, the guys say the battery is ok, but I forgot to bring the dongle for startup, but he boot it up, when I got home, can't play games, I notice it is not in CFW, put the dongle in, always boot but not in CFW, somehow bypass the dongle as if the dongle is not insert in.
What should I do to fix it?
thanks
Did you make sure that the console was in RCM before inserting your dongle?
If someone can help me...i havr a switch lite...got bsod...i think its emmc...so...i installed picofly to load hekate and analyse the emmc...instalation ok and got "no sd card" screen. Put hats pack on sd card and when power on the switch the pico loads right but just get blavk screen...nothing happens...cant load hekate...if i remove sd i get a purple screen with some options but when i select one of then just continue getting black screen...no hekate logo at all... any clue on what is this? Already tried 6 different sd cards...no sucess
If its saying "no sd card", then the SD card reader might be broken.
Hey there, I'm thinking of compressing my XCI and NSP files to XCZ and NSZ files because space on my HDD is getting a little tight. I found this tool called SAK (Switch Army Knife) that can convert between these formats. Before I start compressing stuff left and right, there are some thing I want to know first:
1) Are there any files I should absolutely refrain from compressing, e.g. DLC (unlocker) files?
2) What compression rate should I use? SAK offers four levels (e.g. average) and I want the compression to actually save a noticeable amount of space without damaging the file's integrity.
3) I currently got my own keys from my Switch on firmware v16.0.2, but what happens if I try to compress a file that requires a newer firmware version? Does is produces a file that could be corrupted or do I get an error so that I know that this file can't be compressed with my current keys?
  1. Not that I'm aware of
  2. Well different games will save differing amounts of space and the higher the compression rate, the more space you will save
  3. You won't be able to compress games on newer firmware versions without dumping the latest keys

Reactions: Nynrah

Nynrah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If its saying "no sd card", then the SD card reader might be broken.

1. Not that I'm aware of
  2. Well different games will save differing amounts of space and the higher the compression rate, the more space you will save
  3. You won't be able to compress games on newer firmware versions without dumping the latest keys
Got it, thanks. I tried SAK out on one of my larger files (*cough* an XCI of 17 GB *cough*). Unfortunately compressing with SAK seems to takes forever. Is it normal to need like an hour for a file of that size? Also, just how much slower is installing an XCZ or NSZ file because of the decompression? If it's means the installation will also take like an hour extra, then I'll probably drop the idea of compressing my library like this.

Elpoep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

may I please have a link to the picofly firmware -- I think its gud for all versions but I have a V1 thats been updated; so I need the firmware for a v1 switch (not old enought to do soft mod)

Reactions: madisonswitch

Elpoep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I flashed to picofly correctly. To do a quick check to see if anything popped up on my PC screen after my flashing attempt I replugged the picofly into my PC. After replugging the picofly into the PC, The blue light came on and then it began blinking yellow -- it blinked yellow six times and then stopped. Does this indicate that the chip has been programmed correctly?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is Daybreak?
Daybreak is a homebrew application that comes bundled with Atmosphere and is used to update the firmware.
Didn't help. Same issue. Unless there's an actual "repair" function I couldn't find, the only thing I could find was "restore."
There is a migrate emuMMC option. What happens when you try clicking that?
Got it, thanks. I tried SAK out on one of my larger files (*cough* an XCI of 17 GB *cough*). Unfortunately compressing with SAK seems to takes forever. Is it normal to need like an hour for a file of that size? Also, just how much slower is installing an XCZ or NSZ file because of the decompression? If it's means the installation will also take like an hour extra, then I'll probably drop the idea of compressing my library like this.
Actually its the opposite; installing with an .XCZ/.NSZ is faster than their uncompressed versions. However the time that you save is nowhere near the amount of time required to compress them. Compressing them is only useful for hoarders and sites that distribute warez.
Is it true that somes games don't perform as good when launched from emuNAND compared to sysNAND ?
They don't perform worse but games will load slightly faster when installed to the internal memory of sysMMC compared to emuMMC or even the SD card of sysMMC. This is because the eMMC chip has a faster reading speed than any SD card.

Reactions: aarti and Nynrah

Nynrah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually its the opposite; installing with an .XCZ/.NSZ is faster than their uncompressed versions. However the time that you save is nowhere near the amount of time required to compress them. Compressing them is only useful for hoarders and sites that distribute warez.
Given the size of my library, I suppose I might be considered a hoarder. It's good to hear that installation is even faster, even if I can't wrap my head around how decompressing & installing is faster than just installing on top of compressing taking a godly amount of time (MORE than an hour for a 17GB XCI and it still wasn't finished while compressing into zip or 7z archives goes way faster).

At any rate, I'm going to try out NSZ instead of SAK and see if it's any faster. At any rate, thanks for answering my questions.

EDIT: Nicoboss' NSZ worked faster for me than SAK did for some reason. I compressed Zelda TOTK with compression level 22 (highest) and it was much more tolerable than SAK's seemingly infinite compression time. Granted, I had expected to save some more space on such a large file (went from 17.1GB to 16.2GB, ergo 0.9GB saved), I suppose that could have to do the game itself. Not sure where I can confirm if this is the case, though. At any rate, It seems like compressing my library has just become a viable option once again.

Last edited by Nynrah,

Soler37

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
can someone please help me migrate my SD to a new bigger SD? Its a raw hidden partition and I also have android on it, please I'm losing my mind on it and have spent hours but have no succeeded.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got a launch Switch with a faulty fan, I need to get it serviced because the system will overheat and suspend itself to avoid damage.
I want to send it into Nintendo UK's official repair center, but I'm worried they could do something to send back a unit that blocks RCM payloads to boot into EmuMMC, etc.

Can anyone say if there's any risk of that? I'm paranoid that they could just send me back a different Switch system despite the serial number.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a launch Switch with a faulty fan, I need to get it serviced because the system will overheat and suspend itself to avoid damage.
I want to send it into Nintendo UK's official repair center, but I'm worried they could do something to send back a unit that blocks RCM payloads to boot into EmuMMC, etc.

Can anyone say if there's any risk of that? I'm paranoid that they could just send me back a different Switch system despite the serial number.

Ain't that hard to take it apart and replace the fan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol