Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

BanjoKazooieFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, I have a dumb question.
A friend of mine has installed a picofly chip on my switch and I am beeing greeted with a screen with the message: NO SD CARD.
Which files should be on the sd card. It should be formated to FAT32, right?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I have a dumb question.
A friend of mine has installed a picofly chip on my switch and I am beeing greeted with a screen with the message: NO SD CARD.
Which files should be on the sd card. It should be formated to FAT32, right?

By default it is looking for payload.bin on the SD card, FAT32 is what recommended.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So finally decided to hack my switch trying to do it without having to buy a chip. I have checked my serial number on three different checker sites and got three different results lol.

Site one said it might be possible to hack my switch.

Site two said my switch was patched

Site three said it was 100% hackable

I don't know which one to believe :rofl2:

• Haha
Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So finally decided to hack my switch trying to do it without having to buy a chip. I have checked my serial number on three different checker sites and got three different results lol.

Site one said it might be possible to hack my switch.

Site two said my switch was patched

Site three said it was 100% hackable

I don't know which one to believe :rofl2:

Well only one way to find out, push a payload and see if it load or not.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-defin...atched-or-not-purchases-after-07-2018.512018/

kraoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you have AutoRCM enabled?
I don't think I do, but I got ahold of a USB-C tester, and my issue is definitely hardware related. At least, the current issue of my Switch not booting or charging. It pulls no current with the battery attached, and 0.3A without the battery, and it's the same story with a replacement battery, so it must be one of the charging ICs.

What confuses me is that I don't see how my failed emuNAND would be related to the failed charging chip. Unless it's a coincidence. In which case, I'll be back at square one after I fix the hardware. But, at least that's a better position to be in than a completely dead Switch.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Did you have AutoRCM enabled?

At minimum, you need to delete your old /atmosphere folder and download a new one from the official GitHub page. HOS is the name of the operating system so to update that, you can use the homebrew app Daybreak which comes bundled with the latest Atmosphere by default. If you use Hekate, you can grab the most recent version from its own GitHub page as well.

Is there any error code associated with the crash? Also do you have any sysmodules and/or cheats enabled?

Unfortunately, there is no way to check if your pins are damaged without taking apart the console.

Delete your /hosts folder and setup 90DNS according to the instructions in this thread.
Hi thank you. Well, there is no error code. Just black screen with the message. I don't have cheats enabled. I have a couple of contents in atmosphere like custom games on N64 with CaVe. Sysmodules just the sysclick but not on this game, and the music one, can't remember the name. That's it. Some themes but I removed all of them. I just can't play it anymore. I already did a new dump without tickets, installed in Fusee primary, hekate, to no avail. Can´t figure out what to do. The game is Resident Evil Revelations 2, one of my favorites and my first ever Switch game.

A couple of games did the same in the past, but a ticketless dump made the trick. This time however, I met my match.

kraussian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Delete your /hosts folder and setup 90DNS according to the instructions in this thread.
Thanks for the suggestion, but the instructions from that thread are 5 years old and the latest instructions for installing Atmosphere say that blocking the Nintendo servers through emummc.txt in /hosts is equivalent to using 90DNS.

Furthermore I keep seeing comments of 90DNS being temporarily unavailable, so I thought blocking through hosts should be a much more stable method than relying on a community-supported DNS server.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I do, but I got ahold of a USB-C tester, and my issue is definitely hardware related. At least, the current issue of my Switch not booting or charging. It pulls no current with the battery attached, and 0.3A without the battery, and it's the same story with a replacement battery, so it must be one of the charging ICs.

What confuses me is that I don't see how my failed emuNAND would be related to the failed charging chip. Unless it's a coincidence. In which case, I'll be back at square one after I fix the hardware. But, at least that's a better position to be in than a completely dead Switch.
Was your SD card formatted as exFAT at the time?
Hi thank you. Well, there is no error code. Just black screen with the message. I don't have cheats enabled. I have a couple of contents in atmosphere like custom games on N64 with CaVe. Sysmodules just the sysclick but not on this game, and the music one, can't remember the name. That's it. Some themes but I removed all of them. I just can't play it anymore. I already did a new dump without tickets, installed in Fusee primary, hekate, to no avail. Can´t figure out what to do. The game is Resident Evil Revelations 2, one of my favorites and my first ever Switch game.

A couple of games did the same in the past, but a ticketless dump made the trick. This time however, I met my match.
One of the basic troubleshooting tips is to try deleting any and all sysmodules that you have because it may affect the game, even if it is not associated with the game; because it can still be taking up RAM. You can also try booting maintenance mode which you can achieve by holding volume + and - when turning the console on. You don't need to do anything else once you've entered maintenance mode, just exit by turning the console off.
Thanks for the suggestion, but the instructions from that thread are 5 years old and the latest instructions for installing Atmosphere say that blocking the Nintendo servers through emummc.txt in /hosts is equivalent to using 90DNS.

Furthermore I keep seeing comments of 90DNS being temporarily unavailable, so I thought blocking through hosts should be a much more stable method than relying on a community-supported DNS server.
Just because the instructions for 90DNS are 5 years old doesn't mean they aren't up to date. In fact, that just means they have withstood the test of time. Its like the old saying: If it ain't broke, don't fix. I've personally used 90DNS to play the Jackbox games on my emuMMC and my console isn't banned yet.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the zr trigger on my joycons are acting up and require multiple presses or harder than i'm used to presses to engage correctly and even then it doesnt always stay engaged when pressed continously.
i know the flex cable with the button can be replaced, but is there any chance 100% iso or contact cleaner could save it?
i have no idea how these buttons are constructed inside, i guess it's very much possible liquids couldn't even reach the contacts at all, so has anyone broken one apart or tried this successfully?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the zr trigger on my joycons are acting up and require multiple presses or harder than i'm used to presses to engage correctly and even then it doesnt always stay engaged when pressed continously.
i know the flex cable with the button can be replaced, but is there any chance 100% iso or contact cleaner could save it?
i have no idea how these buttons are constructed inside, i guess it's very much possible liquids couldn't even reach the contacts at all, so has anyone broken one apart or tried this successfully?

Open it up and clean it.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Open it up and clean it.
What do you mean by open it up? the joycon itself or pulling appart the tacticle button from the image to get inside it?
it feels like that might just break it irreversibly.
it's overall in very clean condition and opening up the four screws at the back to take a peek, it doesnt look dirty or anything.

i used some canned air and a brush in the area just in case, but i'd need to buy contact cleaner or iso to give those a go.
I'd just like to know if there's any sense to doing that over replacing the whole button

Attachments

• 41RjEJKgqtL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
    41RjEJKgqtL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 12

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by open it up? the joycon itself or pulling appart the tacticle button from the image to get inside it?
it feels like that might just break it irreversibly.
it's overall in very clean condition and opening up the four screws at the back to take a peek, it doesnt look dirty or anything.

i used some canned air and a brush in the area just in case, but i'd need to buy contact cleaner or iso to give those a go.
I'd just like to know if there's any sense to doing that over replacing the whole button

You have to open it up and take a look to see if there is any dust or if there are any component loose.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
...again, are you saying to open the joycon, which i did up to this point where the tactile button becomes visible, there is no sign of dust or anything

1688242739000.png

or to disassemble the tiny tactile button thing? do you know it can be taken apart and put together again?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...again, are you saying to open the joycon, which i did up to this point where the tactile button becomes visible, there is no sign of dust or anything

View attachment 381218

or to disassemble the tiny tactile button thing? do you know it can be taken apart and put together again?

Check that the spring on the ZR buttons are align, it would affect the trigger if the spring is loose.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the springs are fine, the button as a whole presses down and returns to its normal state as it should, and the button is clicking as it should too, but not every click leads to a button input, so i'm sure the issue is inside the little button itself.

i guess it's safer and faster to just order the new button ribbon cable and replace it...

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the springs are fine, the button as a whole presses down and returns to its normal state as it should, and the button is clicking as it should too, but not every click leads to a button input, so i'm sure the issue is inside the little button itself.

i guess it's safer and faster to just order the new button ribbon cable and replace it...

You might need new spring instead, a new ribbon cable won't help much, the spring and button affect the trigger.

Gagarin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys. I need some help here.
I installed Atmosphere on my Switch before. I prepared the SD card according to NH Switch Guide, and it worked beautifully.
I had to use RCM clip to + TegraRCMGUI to inject the payload, but it worked.
I have another Switch (newer, patched), so I sent it for hard mod install. However, I was not able to ask any questions regarding the software install on anything.

So now, I have it (it says no sd when power it on) and I'm clueless how to make it working!
I prepared the card again, according to mentioned NH Guide, made its backup and keys dumping. But what now?
If I choose to boot into atmoshere, I'm not able to install tiny foil (error message). I tried in applet mode, game mode and even installing it as nsp.
Switch shows me like loading app in screen, but nothing happenes.
I assume, that on hard mod Switch you must inject payload somehow diffrent then TegraRCM? Should I use RCM clip?
How to make it working from there?
If I would have installed tiny foil, I would be at home.
Is there a some hard mod guide?
Please help.

otaconn23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to play PS4 remote from the Switch, but the only way I know that works is via Switchroot running Chiaki for Android.

1) Is there a better way to remote play PS4 with the Switch?
2) If not, how can I configure my SD to configure Switchroot but still keep the emuMMC CFW set up that I currently have going? (guide preferred if at all available)
3) Can I alternate between AMS and Android simply, preferably without a lengthy reboot? That way if I decide to remote play PS4 while I'm playing a Switch game docked, I can do so comfortably..

Thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar,