binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Binkinator I tried but violent for my sd card
Unfortunately I don’t know of another way to execute a shutdown via software.
can we modify the overlay?
Ther have been modifications done via the source code. That’s the only way I’m aware of at this time:

https://github.com/masagrator/Status-Monitor-Overlay

Thanks for your reply. I ordered this from AliExpress after deliberately checking for positive reviews but when I opened the Properties in Windows, it does appear to have a capacity similar to what you're referring to.

Could you help me understand how to chainload Hekate and allow it to update to the latest version from the SDCard? Thank you.

It’s fine. It will work. Hekate does this automatically. Put the version of Hekate you want to run on your SDCard and attempt to boot.

If it doesn’t work…
plug the RCMLoader into your PC
Rename a copy of hekat.5.9.0.bin to payload.bin
place your new payload.bin in each folder on the RCM loader.
try to boot again.

Sno206

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, I have one of the original switches from about March 2017. ITs been on CFW and offline pretty much for the last 4-5 years. I made a backup back then but since lost it due to hardrive failure and lack of care.

I still can access cfw and use it offline but would like to restore it to stock and run it this time as dual so I can boot into CFW when i would like but otherwise play it legit and online etc on ofw. I have been out the game since about 5 years ago but reading a few guides from searches. it sounds like i need a windows PC and issue being I am a Mac OS user.

Is there anyway I can restore this to stock without a nand backup without getting banned ?

Thanks for any guidance or help.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys, I have one of the original switches from about March 2017. ITs been on CFW and offline pretty much for the last 4-5 years. I made a backup back then but since lost it due to hardrive failure and lack of care.

I still can access cfw and use it offline but would like to restore it to stock and run it this time as dual so I can boot into CFW when i would like but otherwise play it legit and online etc on ofw. I have been out the game since about 5 years ago but reading a few guides from searches. it sounds like i need a windows PC and issue being I am a Mac OS user.

Is there anyway I can restore this to stock without a nand backup without getting banned ?

Thanks for any guidance or help.
No, you need a clean NAND backup to perfectly remove all traces of CFW and homebrew that you have ran over the years. Without it, anything you do will risk you getting banned.

TheJinKazama

Trophies
XP
Country
I came across this when installing a game. Is this a red flag?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26

TheJinKazama

Trophies
XP
Country

Ther have been modifications done via the source code. That’s the only way I’m aware of at this time:

It’s fine. It will work. Hekate does this automatically. Put the version of Hekate you want to run on your SDCard and attempt to boot.

If it doesn’t work…
try to boot again.
Thank you, I'll try that now. Should I put it in the Hekate file on the root of the SD card or within bootloder > payloads?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know... Hmmmm, does Breath of the Wild run smoothly on Switch Lite?
it will run just like it does on the V2 as they are essentially the same specs inside. After that, “smooth” is subjective.

https://www.pocket-lint.com/games/b...ntendo-switch-lite-which-is-the-best-for-you/
Post automatically merged:

I came across this when installing a game. Is this a red flag?
Update your Sigpatches.

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — get your Sigpatches here!

If that doesn’t work, try a different source.

Great! What is the behavior yiu are seeing when you use your jig and attempt tominject using your new RCM Loader?

Reactions: caipora

TheJinKazama

Trophies
XP
Country
it will run just like it does on the V2 as they are essentially the same specs inside. After that, “smooth” is subjective.

https://www.pocket-lint.com/games/b...ntendo-switch-lite-which-is-the-best-for-you/

Update your Sigpatches.

Great! What is the behavior yiu are seeing when you use your jig and attempt tominject using your new RCM Loader?
I haven't tried to use the Loader yet, I wanted to update the Hekate version first. Do I not need to?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried to use the Loader yet, I wanted to update the Hekate version first. Do I not need to?
The new RCM Loader is finicky. Try it first.

If it works, consider yourself lucky!

They dont work with the firmware update tools so you’ll want to fiddle with it as little as possible.

dygeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

If it doesn’t work…
try to boot again.
and cannot resume in this menu or create a shortcut to open it? it would be nice an overlay of this kind it would be really practical.

Attachments

• comment-eteindre-la-switch-bfdfa589.jpg
    comment-eteindre-la-switch-bfdfa589.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 24

WiseDan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
hey
wise dan here
i have one pretty wise question: is here on this forum a nsw ban checker?
i mean you put serial of the console and bam! the checker shows you the info
or maybe ninty has this public checker?
anyway this is helpful if you want to buy online a switch and make sure its not banned.
is it hard to build from scratch such program?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey
wise dan here
i have one pretty wise question: is here on this forum a nsw ban checker?
i mean you put serial of the console and bam! the checker shows you the info
or maybe ninty has this public checker?
anyway this is helpful if you want to buy online a switch and make sure its not banned.
is it hard to build from scratch such program?
Bans aren't determined by serial number and even if they were, people have swapped out the stickers for the serial number. Bans are determined by the certificate that is burned into the console before it leaves the factory so you would need that to check if its banned. Because there is no point in dumping that in the modern Switch scene, the most practical way to check if a Switch is banned or not is to load the eShop. So no, there is no tool that checks for a ban. Just ask the seller to load the eShop.

• Wow
Reactions: WiseDan

stormzone

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,
Running into some issues after I updated the latest version of atmosphere with the updated sigpatches as well as launching the new fuse primary bin.

Tinfoil will load and allow me to attempt to download a game but upon finishing I get a message "failed to import ticket"
Also all the old games I've previously downloaded from Tinfoil also won't start up either. I get the message "unable to start software"

Not sure where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
Running into some issues after I updated the latest version of atmosphere with the updated sigpatches as well as launching the new fuse primary bin.

Tinfoil will load and allow me to attempt to download a game but upon finishing I get a message "failed to import ticket"
Also all the old games I've previously downloaded from Tinfoil also won't start up either. I get the message "unable to start software"

Not sure where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated
You're using a bad installer. You're going to have to reinstall your games. I highly recommend switching to TinWoo Installer instead. Its what I personally use and I never have any issues while using it.

TheJinKazama

Trophies
XP
Country

Update your Sigpatches.

Thank you for all your help, the Loader is working.

I re-downloaded the game from another source but am still getting the Invalid Certificate error. I updated the sigpatches last week when setting up my Switch.

Is it safe to bypass the error message and continue installing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?