Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I backed up my nand according to the rentry guide. Does it matter if prodinfo was blanked using exosphere prior to creating the nand backup? I did not blank with Incognito (no need with I already have exosphere & dns mitm). These are emunand backups that are being created right? So it doesn't matter? I did look at the Atmosphere/automatic_backups folder and the prodinfo and biskeys files are named with the number that matches the sticker on the bottom my my Switch. So all good? Or should I change the .ini to blank_prodinfo_emummc=0 and then re-do the nand backups?

Also, sysnand backups do not need to be made at all? Thanks in advance for the help. :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I backed up my nand according to the rentry guide. Does it matter if prodinfo was blanked using exosphere prior to creating the nand backup? I did not blank with Incognito (no need with I already have exosphere & dns mitm). These are emunand backups that are being created right? So it doesn't matter? I did look at the Atmosphere/automatic_backups folder and the prodinfo and biskeys files are named with the number that matches the sticker on the bottom my my Switch. So all good? Or should I change the .ini to blank_prodinfo_emummc=0 and then re-do the nand backups?

Also, sysnand backups do not need to be made at all? Thanks in advance for the help. :)
Exosphere does not actually blank the PRODINFO unlike Incognito. It creates the illusion, to Nintendo at least, that it has been blanked. Also, sysMMC backups are more important than emuMMC backups. You can always remake another emuMMC but remaking sysMMC can cost you an entire console.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Exosphere does not actually blank the PRODINFO unlike Incognito. It creates the illusion, to Nintendo at least, that it has been blanked. Also, sysMMC backups are more important than emuMMC backups. You can always remake another emuMMC but remaking sysMMC can cost you an entire console.

Thanks. That makses sense. For the nand backup I think I got confused becasue of the sysnand being called eMMC. I got it confused with emuMMC. Since I followed the guide, what I created is already a sysnand backup. Correct?

1. Extract hekate_ctcaer_x.x.x_Nyx_x.x.x.zip into your SD card.
  2. Boot into Hekate.
  3. Press on the Tools tab.
  4. Pick the Backup eMMC option.
  5. Pick the eMMC RAW GPP option.
  6. Once done, press Close, and then pick Backup eMMC again.
  7. Pick the eMMC BOOT0 & BOOT1 option.
  8. Once done, press Close and shut down your Switch.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. That makses sense. For the nand backup I think I got confused becasue of the sysnand being called eMMC. I got it confused with emuMMC. Since I followed the guide, what I created is already a sysnand backup. Correct?

1. Extract hekate_ctcaer_x.x.x_Nyx_x.x.x.zip into your SD card.
  2. Boot into Hekate.
  3. Press on the Tools tab.
  4. Pick the Backup eMMC option.
  5. Pick the eMMC RAW GPP option.
  6. Once done, press Close, and then pick Backup eMMC again.
  7. Pick the eMMC BOOT0 & BOOT1 option.
  8. Once done, press Close and shut down your Switch.
Then stop using the word "sysNAND". The Switch doesn't have a NAND chip, it has an eMMC instead hence why its called emuMMC because you emulate the eMMC not the NAND. Only the 3DS and Wii U had NAND chips which is why when emuNAND was released for them, it was named as such.

b1ackcoffee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am a complete noob to switch and modchip installation. I recently bought a Switch OLED and I intend to do modchip installation by myself. Can anyone guide me on which chip kit to buy on Ali Express? There are several of them, and I am aware that functionally they are similar. I need something that has durability and possible relative ease of installation. If someone could point me to the right link, I would be grateful. Thank you.

switch_anon

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Where to find tutorial on installing picofly v5 modchip into mariko switch? Anything specific recommended?
Post automatically merged:

Where to find tutorial on installing picofly v5 modchip into mariko switch? Anything specific recommended?
Or, is picofly bad quality? Will it work or could it break?

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then stop using the word "sysNAND". The Switch doesn't have a NAND chip, it has an eMMC instead hence why its called emuMMC because you emulate the eMMC not the NAND. Only the 3DS and Wii U had NAND chips which is why when emuNAND was released for them, it was named as such.

Wow. I mean, perhaps you should't answer questions in a Switch NOOB thread if a question you think is dumb is going to bother you. How about you contact the authors of the two main guides and tell them to stop calling it a nand? Maybe people wouldn't get confused if the guides everyone says to use wouldn't randomly interchage the terms nand and emmc several times.

b1ackcoffee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a Switch OLED and I intend to do modchip installation by myself. Can anyone guide me on which chip kit to buy on Ali Express? There are several of them, and I am aware that functionally they are similar. I need something that has durability and possible relative ease of installation. If someone could point me to the right link, I would be grateful. Thank you.

madisonswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Or, is picofly bad quality? Will it work or could it break?
I did a search and found a list of useful videos on YT:

I think most of the modchips being sold now are RP2040 that you have to install with picofly firmware?

Last edited by madisonswitch,

switch_anon

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did a search and found a list of useful videos on YT:

I think most of the modchips being sold now are RP2040 that you have to install with picofly firmware?

Yes, but i am talking about physical installation. I talked to sthetix and he told me he has no tutorial for picofly, only hwfly which is more expensive modchip

Yes, but i am talking about physical installation. I talked to sthetix and he told me he has no tutorial for picofly, only hwfly which is more expensive modchip
Oh, it is playlist, i see

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, how is firm 17.xx working with hb, tesla and sigpatches? Is is stable and good enough to update now? Thx :D

falaschi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello buds! I have a problem with a v2. Hwfly installed. All good but the touchscreen only works on hekate! It doesn't work on sysnand/emunand.
I tried the hekate "calibration" but makes no difference in emunand/sysnand.
Some help here?

Iwanari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi All,

Apologies in advance for the rookie question as I literally have no clue when it comes to anything related to the switch hacking at all as originally when I had first hacked it I just followed a YouTube guide and after several years of using the switch perfectly fine, I am running near the capacity of my micro SD card and wish to upgrade to a bigger size sd card.

The only caveat is there are quite a few guides available but I have no clue how my switch is currently hacked so I am not too sure which guide I can follow

Some details I can provide are: I’m currently running atmosphere from the SD card, so each time I turn off or reboot the switch I need to load a payload on and ground the pins and boot up by pressing the volume and power button, this needs to happen every single time which leads me to never shutting down my switch and just leaving it in sleep mode.

By checking via system settings I notice that my system version is 14.1.2 AMS 1.5.1 | S This I assume tells me that it’s in sysnand and this is just fine through system settings on the main page, but I am pretty sure that it’s running atmosphere as I have custom themes and such

Is there any other way I can tell which guide to follow or how my switch is currently hacked to upgrade my SD card storage ?

Thank you all so much in advance for helping !!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

Apologies in advance for the rookie question as I literally have no clue when it comes to anything related to the switch hacking at all as originally when I had first hacked it I just followed a YouTube guide and after several years of using the switch perfectly fine, I am running near the capacity of my micro SD card and wish to upgrade to a bigger size sd card.

The only caveat is there are quite a few guides available but I have no clue how my switch is currently hacked so I am not too sure which guide I can follow

Some details I can provide are: I’m currently running atmosphere from the SD card, so each time I turn off or reboot the switch I need to load a payload on and ground the pins and boot up by pressing the volume and power button, this needs to happen every single time which leads me to never shutting down my switch and just leaving it in sleep mode.

By checking via system settings I notice that my system version is 14.1.2 AMS 1.5.1 | S This I assume tells me that it’s in sysnand and this is just fine through system settings on the main page, but I am pretty sure that it’s running atmosphere as I have custom themes and such

Is there any other way I can tell which guide to follow or how my switch is currently hacked to upgrade my SD card storage ?

Thank you all so much in advance for helping !!

Follow a written guide instead of youtube.

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Reactions: Blythe93 and Lamcza

Iwanari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you so much for the comment ! However in regards to my question my switch is already hacked and running atmosphere perfectly fine and has been running so for a few years now. I just wanted to upgrade the storage size on my SD card, but since there are several ways to do so such as if your switch is on a file emunand or partition emunand or sysnand, I am not too sure how to check how my switch was hacked if there an indication I can check so I know which guide to follow to upgrade my SD card- whether its a simple copy one to another or I need to follow a guide to get the partition across as well, hope this clarifies my question !

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for the comment ! However in regards to my question my switch is already hacked and running atmosphere perfectly fine and has been running so for a few years now. I just wanted to upgrade the storage size on my SD card, but since there are several ways to do so such as if your switch is on a file emunand or partition emunand or sysnand, I am not too sure how to check how my switch was hacked if there an indication I can check so I know which guide to follow to upgrade my SD card- whether its a simple copy one to another or I need to follow a guide to get the partition across as well, hope this clarifies my question !

Check your card on your computer to see if you have a hidden partition emunand, you can run MiniTool partition wizard to see if you have a separate partition on your card.

Reactions: Lamcza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...