Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Check your card on your computer to see if you have a hidden partition emunand, you can run MiniTool partition wizard to see if you have a separate partition on your card.
ah ma fav tool im not sure if i remember correctly but you can even copy the partition by it :X

Reactions: Hayato213

Iwanari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Check your card on your computer to see if you have a hidden partition emunand, you can run MiniTool partition wizard to see if you have a separate partition on your card.
Ah I see, thank you so much for your response, I will give that a shot to distinguish between the two, Just one more quick question, in regards to upgrading to a larger SD card, its pretty much just either confirming if your are running file based emunand or partition based emunand and then follow the appropriate guides yeah or?
Post automatically merged:

ah ma fav tool im not sure if i remember correctly but you can even copy the partition by it :X
Oh really and that will work all the same yeah or ?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see, thank you so much for your response, I will give that a shot to distinguish between the two, Just one more quick question, in regards to upgrading to a larger SD card, its pretty much just either confirming if your are running file based emunand or partition based emunand and then follow the appropriate guides yeah or?

If it is file base you can copy and paste the files from old card to new card, if it is hidden emunand you need to use emutool to move it.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/emutool...r-sd-switch-emu-type-on-sxos-and-more.550756/

Reactions: Lamcza

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

soo it was long time ago and i have other issues with my sd card reader back then but i think i tested it once and it works but you need fix it in hakte after(in case of partition emu) buut dont take it as official instuctions you can test it out if you want :D.

Iwanari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you so much for your help !!! I have been searching for a while and could not find a decisive answer on how to check, to her places told me to check the firmware number to find out, but mine ended in an S, which told me that its sysnand, and the only options were emunand which added to the overall confusion haha

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for your help !!! I have been searching for a while and could not find a decisive answer on how to check, to her places told me to check the firmware number to find out, but mine ended in an S, which told me that its sysnand, and the only options were emunand which added to the overall confusion haha

Then you don't have an emunand, just format the new card as FAT32 32kb cluster and copy your data over.

Iwanari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Then you don't have an emunand, just format the new card as FAT32 32kb cluster and copy your data over.
Ahhh thank so you much for the confirmation !!! Will give that a shot and see how it goes , thank you !!!

soo it was long time ago and i have other issues with my sd card reader back then but i think i tested it once and it works but you need fix it in hakte after(in case of partition emu) buut dont take it as official instuctions you can test it out if you want :D.
Ah I see yeah, thank you for the advice and comment !

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read an article here than mentioned digitizer data is stored on game cart daughter board. Get your hands on a donor daughter board with a properly working digitizer, put it into your V2 and see if it works for you... I think that's how it works... sorry.

Reactions: falaschi

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently installed a modchip (thanks to the community and YT'ers for building up my confidence! hit me up newbs if you have questions! i'm all about giving back to the community!) and I'm slowly trying to figure out the next steps since info about this is scattered ALL OVER THE PLACE!

I'm currently using Hekate + Atmosphere because another amazing guide I found told me to (https://rentry.org/MarikoEmuNAND)

Then, after trying to figure out how to install the HB App Store, I randomly found an amazing homebrew site (https://www.gamebrew.org) and under the Switch section, there are a lot of CFW's available:
It seems like the top 4-5 on that page have big communities behind them and strong developer support?
  • NeXT
  • DeepSea
  • ShallowSea
  • Atmosphere
  • Atmosphere with Hekate (the one I'm using, I think)
Which ones have you played with and which ones do you like?

Is it possible to use multiple CFW's?

Do any of these have mass storage USB support for loading games when docked? I bought a 1 TB micro SD and I have a feeling that isn't going to be enough, esp after partitioning, backups, and such. I already have 1.2 TB of games to install later when I get to that step. It would be great to store your fav games on the micro SD and the rest ready to lock and load on the dock from a massive USB hard drive.

Thanks for reading and happy hacking!
There's only one CFW which is Atmosphere. Everything you just listed all comes with Atmosphere. The only difference are what homebrew or payload launcher are bundled with Atmosphere.

KrAzY3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.rydas.com
XP
Country
United States
Back in August I installed CFW on my Switch and that ultimately turned into a nightmare because I ended up unable to get any games to work (well one game worked briefly but in the process of trying to get others to work that one ultimately didn't either).

I suspect part of that has to do with the fact that the guide I was following didn't say anything about sigpatches so I think they were omitted, but I was also told I should be using DBI (which no mention was made of that either in the "guide"). Anyway, I tried installing sigpatches after the fact but nothing has worked since then and it became so annoying and frustrating (never had this many issues trying to softmod a console) I just set the damn thing down for a few months.

My current plan is just to pull out the card, reformat it, and then I've been told to use the guide at rentry, but I want to make sure I don't miss any steps again. So I follow the rentry guide, I then install DBI. Are there any other vital steps I might be missing? Thanks in advance, I just would like to have this sorted out once and for all. The guides are kind of opaque to me because I'm unfamiliar with all this stuff and a lot of things are outdated (on the other ones at least) or seem to take it for granted that there's familiarity with the unfamiliar.

kyrusdemnati

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is chaiki on switch possible with normal atmosphere loader? or do you need to load on another partition os etc?
can i launch it like an "album" - game..?

does it work well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper