Hacking [SUPPORT] rxTools Official technical support thread

PMniac1

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
If there isn't any .exe in the latest package, maybe there is a reason...
Yes, now we use a python script to download firmware.bin
Downloaded using the python script and it's still not working.
My friend did the same but works for him, he was on sysNAND 4.5 and I'm in 7.2

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Mine is weird

Sysnand 9.2 = Friend list loads
Emunand 9.8 = Friend list loads
Sysnand 9.2 through rxtools = Friend list crashes.

@Roxas75 .. Any ideas?

Edit: Just for comparison, it works fine in sysnand through Cakes. So this is definetly an rxTools issue
@Roxas75 .. Just a follow up on the this, it's definitely an issue with rxmode in sysnand.

Not only there is a problem with friends list, notification list also crashes or freezes or loads improperly.

I checked it with cakes and it works ok there, just as a comparison.

So yeah it's rxtools issue I guess

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it recommended to update to the latest 2.6 with the new firmware.bin? Currently it's working for me with the first 2.6 release and the 5.6mb firmware.bin. I guess it doesn't really matter though?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I have had no issues using the Notes, Friends, and notification applets. Who ever is having issues must have jacked up their emunand/sysnand. Possibly because they updated it using CIAs?
Can you try accessing friend and notification in sysnand through rx (not regular booted sysnand)

If it all works fine, can you let us know what your specs are?

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Was going to post about rxTools freezing when installing extra data but the firmware.bin from the .py file fixed it (5.6Mb).

GBA games work on EmuNAND even with the patched firmware (Have the nostalgia one on EmuNAND and the normal patch in SysNAND), it still loads the sysnand version of the gba and dsiware game even in emunand, that's the normal behavior right? since the changelog wasn't very clear about it.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
It is working fine for me now as well on 9.8 emunand.
Emunand and regular sysnand works fine.

It's sysnand booted through rx that I am having a bug with. I would appreciate if you can test it out so we can get further confirmation that it is not an issue that only I am facing. Check notification icon too

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emunand and regular sysnand works fine.

It's sysnand booted through rx that I am having a bug with. I would appreciate if you can test it out so we can get further confirmation that it is not an issue that only I am facing. Check notification icon too
I am booting sysnand through rx.

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the latest rxtools, does the gba game have to be installed on both sysnand or emunand? Or just one of them?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Friends list and notifications works for me on rxmode sysnand. Have no friends on sysnand though
Thanks, it's weird that it's only me having this issue then. Can you post your system specs?

Edit: what's weirder is that booting from cakes these icons load fine! Which led me to believe it's an rx issue

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Friends list and notifications works for me on rxmode sysnand. Have no friends on sysnand though

Same for me as well, friends list and notifications work on sysnand, rx sysnand, and rx emunand. Try leaving the friends screen on where it freezes for 10-15 minutes.

Reactions: Madridi

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, it's weird that it's only me having this issue then. Can you post your system specs?
Sysnand 4.2U, Emunand 9.8U. Sysnand modified with AGB_FIRM and FBI, Devmenu, Savedatafiler.
Same for me as well, friends list and notifications work on sysnand, rx sysnand, and rx emunand. Try leaving the friends screen on where it freezes for 10-15 minutes.
I can't leave the friends screen on, it kicks me out cos I have no Mii xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'd like to find a power strip and HDMI selector built in 1 unit, so I can select which game...