Super Mario Run Pre-Registration for Android is now live

rsz_super-mario-run.jpg

Got no iOS devices and been impatiently waiting to try out Nintendo's latest mobile game? It looks like the wait will soon be over for Android users.

On their twitter page, the Big N has announced that pre-registration is now available for Android:

Once pre-registered, you'll be notified when the game is available to download. Similar to its iOS version, Super Mario Run is available to download for free and enjoy some levels but the full content will be available after paying a set purchase price ($9.99 on the App Store to unlock all 6 worlds). And just like the iOS version, an internet connection is required to play.

Released for iOS on December 15, the game was downloaded more than 50 million times from the App Store in its first week of release.

The exact time before controlling Mario with one hand on Android devices is not known but in the case of iOS devices there was about three months between registration and launch, so expect something similar.

:arrow: SOURCE
:download: Pre-register here

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Android user here, if they keep the internet connection requirement (always connected) it's a no for me. Some don't have internet data to play outside or if someone like me that have mobile data but without the 32kbp/s option. If i'm not wrong, up to 75 mb every hour.
I still gonna try and see if it's fun or not.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
The fact that it's a pay-to-upgrade version means they get around the requirement of Android apps to be eligible for family library, so I'll be passing on this one. I've played the iOS version and, while it is fun, there's not much that sets it apart from other games like Rayman Run. Not much that makes it worth the high price, that is.

Reactions: guisadop

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
if that's that you need to be always online to play it...than yes they have :P
SafetyNet is a brutal root detection system that Android Pay and most banking apps use. Niantic added SafetyNet into Pokemon Go in September and I haven't been able to play it since and I'm pretty sure Ninty will be adding SafetyNet into Mario Run as well since they're paranoid.

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
you'll have to buy it than. LOL buy an android app are they MAD who buys android apps?! :creep:
That's not the point that I'm making. They already force you to be online to play which is already a good but annoying anti piracy tactic. If they add SafetyNet to their game then I wouldn't even be allowed to try it out or buy the game so they'd end up losing out. Kinda like how nobody plays Pokemon Go anymore (even though the main reason is because it was a fad) and I'd probably still be playing it now and again if they didn't block rooted phones and even unroofed custom roms and I don't want a stock ROM full of apps I'm not going to use.

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone remember Pokémon Jukebox? Yep, it was hated because The Pokémon Company, Inc. added a SafetyNet into the app. Which means the app would play for rooted phones and back then, the rating was 2/5 stars.

Don't know how it is now.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been an official statement to why they have an always online DRM? It feels anti consumer on a game that's mainly single player.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Really liked Mario Run on the iOS but hope that Nintendo gets rid of the online-only crap.. they probably won't.

I've tried pre-registering but it says my phone is incompatible despite being able to play Miitomo and Pokémon Go.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Has there been an official statement to why they have an always online DRM? It feels anti consumer on a game that's mainly single player.
Nintendo claims it has something to do fighting piracy. People will pirate it one way or another.

Reactions: Shadowfied

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SafetyNet is a brutal root detection system that Android Pay and most banking apps use. Niantic added SafetyNet into Pokemon Go in September and I haven't been able to play it since and I'm pretty sure Ninty will be adding SafetyNet into Mario Run as well since they're paranoid.

The latest Pokemon 0.51.0 is hacked IDK what your talking about. And there are 2 versions hacked with cheats, research it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying