Super Mario Run Pre-Registration for Android is now live

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Prans
    OP

Prans Geek, gamer, human

pip Reporter
    Apr 22, 2012
    There itself.
    rsz_super-mario-run.jpg

Got no iOS devices and been impatiently waiting to try out Nintendo's latest mobile game? It looks like the wait will soon be over for Android users.

On their twitter page, the Big N has announced that pre-registration is now available for Android:

Once pre-registered, you'll be notified when the game is available to download. Similar to its iOS version, Super Mario Run is available to download for free and enjoy some levels but the full content will be available after paying a set purchase price ($9.99 on the App Store to unlock all 6 worlds). And just like the iOS version, an internet connection is required to play.

Released for iOS on December 15, the game was downloaded more than 50 million times from the App Store in its first week of release.

The exact time before controlling Mario with one hand on Android devices is not known but in the case of iOS devices there was about three months between registration and launch, so expect something similar.

:arrow: SOURCE
    :download: Pre-register here

petspeed, jt_1258, Teiko and 9 others like this.

2. RaMon90

RaMon90 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 3, 2013
    Italy
    Android user here, if they keep the internet connection requirement (always connected) it's a no for me. Some don't have internet data to play outside or if someone like me that have mobile data but without the 32kbp/s option. If i'm not wrong, up to 75 mb every hour.
    I still gonna try and see if it's fun or not.

3. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    and everyone laughed at me when i said nintendo was going to go mobile :rofl:

Zyteus likes this.
  4. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    The fact that it's a pay-to-upgrade version means they get around the requirement of Android apps to be eligible for family library, so I'll be passing on this one. I've played the iOS version and, while it is fun, there's not much that sets it apart from other games like Rayman Run. Not much that makes it worth the high price, that is.

guisadop likes this.
  5. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat vegtebales

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    $20 says they've added SafetyNet to the game so even if I did want to play I won't be able to.

Magical Sheep and Mikemk like this.
  6. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    When someone makes pre-registration for a hacked APK that has no online requirement (and possibly has all worlds unlocked), then I'll be interested.

AboodXD, Pluupy, nxwing and 3 others like this.
  7. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    if that's that you need to be always online to play it...than yes they have :P

8. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    Probably get cracked same day it releases.

Tony_93, Brawl345, AboodXD and 12 others like this.
  9. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat vegtebales

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    SafetyNet is a brutal root detection system that Android Pay and most banking apps use. Niantic added SafetyNet into Pokemon Go in September and I haven't been able to play it since and I'm pretty sure Ninty will be adding SafetyNet into Mario Run as well since they're paranoid.

10. Seriel

Seriel Worshipper of Skiddos

Aug 18, 2015
    Shame I'm locked out of my Google Account rn, looks interesting will register later.

11. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    you'll have to buy it than. LOL buy an android app are they MAD who buys android apps?! :creep:

JagXK8 likes this.
  12. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat vegtebales

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    That's not the point that I'm making. They already force you to be online to play which is already a good but annoying anti piracy tactic. If they add SafetyNet to their game then I wouldn't even be allowed to try it out or buy the game so they'd end up losing out. Kinda like how nobody plays Pokemon Go anymore (even though the main reason is because it was a fad) and I'd probably still be playing it now and again if they didn't block rooted phones and even unroofed custom roms and I don't want a stock ROM full of apps I'm not going to use.

13. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    you can play i think 2 levels free than a paywall appears and you have to buy it if you want more. that's how it is in the IOS version.

14. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    They block phones that are rooted, even if you bought the game.

a9lh-1user likes this.
  15. LuxerWap

LuxerWap The Green Husky with a Broken Tail

Sep 6, 2015
    United States
    Franklin, Georgia
    Does anyone remember Pokémon Jukebox? Yep, it was hated because The Pokémon Company, Inc. added a SafetyNet into the app. Which means the app would play for rooted phones and back then, the rating was 2/5 stars.

Don't know how it is now.

16. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Come on, Nintendo. Gimme Animal Crossing Mobile already.

jt_1258 and Catsinabucket like this.
  17. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    ^ with furniture, clothing and objects you have to buy with real $? :creep:

18. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Has there been an official statement to why they have an always online DRM? It feels anti consumer on a game that's mainly single player.

19. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Really liked Mario Run on the iOS but hope that Nintendo gets rid of the online-only crap.. they probably won't.

I've tried pre-registering but it says my phone is incompatible despite being able to play Miitomo and Pokémon Go.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Nintendo claims it has something to do fighting piracy. People will pirate it one way or another.

Shadowfied likes this.
  20. omega59

omega59 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 14, 2007
    Canada
    The latest Pokemon 0.51.0 is hacked IDK what your talking about. And there are 2 versions hacked with cheats, research it.