DraStic DS Emulator on Android is now free to download, will be taken down soon

DraStic_new.png

Exophase, the developer of the DraStic Nintendo DS emulator, has made a statement regarding the future of the emulator. DraStic has been a popular closed-source DS emulator on Android that has been available for many years. However, following the fallout from both Yuzu and Citra emulator's situations, Exophase has decided to take DraStic off of the Google Play Store. According to them, DraStic was already going to be pulled from the Google Play Store, regardless of current events, but that things made the issue, "more urgent".

exophase.png

Before the app gets delisted, Exophase has made DraStic free to download, when it had previously cost $4.99 to buy. They plan on eventually releasing the source code for the emulator as well. You can grab DraStic DS Emulator from the Google Play Store here.

:arrow: Source: The Verge

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Exophase, the developer of the DraStic Nintendo DS emulator, has made a statement regarding the future of the emulator. DraStic has been a popular closed-source DS emulator on Android that has been available for many years. However, following the fallout from both Yuzu and Citra emulator's situations, Exophase has decided to take DraStic off of the Google Play Store. According to them, DraStic was already going to be pulled from the Google Play Store, regardless of current events, but that things made the issue, "more urgent".

Before the app gets delisted, Exophase has made DraStic free to download, when it had previously cost $4.99 to buy. They plan on eventually releasing the source code for the emulator as well. You can grab DraStic DS Emulator from the Google Play Store here.

Seeing all these posts really make me realize how under analyzed the Yuzu situation was by most.

pleasehelpme2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even when I download APKs from the Internet Archive I still verify it via Virus Total. Maybe unnecessary, but cool to see it's clean.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/
Virus total is the best, I just wish more people wrote words alongside their reviews. It would help clear up why "File X," for example, is so poorly regarded.

Newhouse-Estates

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Drastic is such a great emulator, even have it on my hacked switch using Lineage android OS lol.
Thanks guys!

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, folks? This what i was talking about, every piece of homebrew/emulator/cfw etc projects will now follow suit.. Big N won! you'll be at their mercy and be happy.

• Angry
Reactions: jalaneme and Quore

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?