Super Mario Maker 2 lets you make your own worlds in the new World Maker Update

There's a major update coming to Super Mario Maker 2; the final update, to be exact. New in this soon-to-be-released patch is a World Maker, among other things. Shown off in a newly uploaded trailer is the Super Mario 2 Mushroom, which allows you to stand on and pick up enemies, just like you could in Super Mario Bros. 2 in the west. The Frog Suit is also a new-old powerup, allowing you to run on top of water and swim quickly, while the Power Balloon lets Mario float like a balloon through levels. Numerous other "wearable" powerups also bring in old abilities from previous Mario titles too. Bowser's Koopalings are also back as well.

The biggest feature of this update, however, is the World Maker. It'll allow you to create your own Mario Worlds, where you can connect multiple custom courses in their own little 2D overworld. You can combine 8 worlds and 40 courses together in this mode. The World Maker Update goes live soon, on April 22nd.

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Super Mario 3D World gets ported to Switch there will be some features missing from the original I assume, like second screen/touchscreen features such as the Captain Toad levels and the hidden blocks etc in game. I wonder how they'll deal with that? I certainly hope it does get rereleased on Switch because it is an amazing family game :)

I read somewhere they were putting in new levels based on Odyssey. I would assume they would pull the touch screen levels.

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow people actually play Mario games for those deep and complex story lines?

Anyway there is a story mode with 100 levels created by Nintendo. It's not exactly a heart wrenching, life-perspecive changing experience but it's probably got more depth to it than the "story" of any other Mario game I've played.

The rpgs and mario/rabbids have good storylines. But of course they’re not of the platform variety. Do both one and two of Mario maker have a story mode? And how is it labeled in the main menu? Campaign mode?

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There aren’t any storylines with this series, right? It’s just creating your own stages and playing other people’s stages. Pass.

SMM2 is probally one of the most best games out on the switch. You have play it online to understand it this isn't really a game that you can enjoy pirating.

Reactions: TurtlePowerrr

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

There's a major update coming to Super Mario Maker 2; the final update, to be exact. New in this soon-to-be-released patch is a World Maker, among other things. Shown off in a newly uploaded trailer is the Super Mario 2 Mushroom, which allows you to stand on and pick up enemies, just like you could in Super Mario Bros. 2 in the west. The Frog Suit is also a new-old powerup, allowing you to run on top of water and swim quickly, while the Power Balloon lets Mario float like a balloon through levels. Numerous other "wearable" powerups also bring in old abilities from previous Mario titles too. Bowser's Koopalings are also back as well.

The biggest feature of this update, however, is the World Maker. It'll allow you to create your own Mario Worlds, where you can connect multiple custom courses in their own little 2D overworld. You can combine 8 worlds and 40 courses together in this mode. The World Maker Update goes live soon, on April 22nd.

this looks really fucking cool but like, the game is almost 1 year old. They released this update too late.

wiindsurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If Super Mario 3D World gets ported to Switch there will be some features missing from the original I assume, like second screen/touchscreen features such as the Captain Toad levels and the hidden blocks etc in game. I wonder how they'll deal with that? I certainly hope it does get rereleased on Switch because it is an amazing family game :)

The Captain Toad standalone game was already released on Switch, so I'm sure it's a no brainer :)

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the online will stay buggy even with this update.

Of course it will. Did you see anything about multiplayer getting fixed on the trailer?

Also remember when people said that paying for online meant they were going to invest that money on the servers and were going to be so much better than 3ds/wii u? LOL

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Captain Toad standalone game was already released on Switch, so I'm sure it's a no brainer :)
Yea mostly wondering about the little features the player using the WiiU gamepad has, like being able to tap the screen on hidden things through the entire game. Like for instance when I play the game with my family I use the WiiU gamepad/screen and I'm able to click hidden blocks etc throughout the levels since the gamepad/screen shows things the TV doesn't. It will be impossible to incorporate everything from the game without having a second screen really but still excited to have it on Switch. I hope they make Mario Sunshine and Galaxy 1 and 2 as well :)

Reactions: DinohScene

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
The rpgs and mario/rabbids have good storylines. But of course they’re not of the platform variety. Do both one and two of Mario maker have a story mode? And how is it labeled in the main menu? Campaign mode?

Only Mario Maker 2. And it's labeled "story mode"

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and...ya, it still says "extra game styles" for the category that 3d world is under...is this just an error that will stick forever or are they not telling the truth when they say this will be the final update...?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
This new update has made Mario Maker 2 100x better, the new super worlds online are similar to playing super mario world continuously, it’s fantastic fun! my only issue is they don’t make the super worlds downloadable like the single courses I’m surprised that wasn’t even an option.

Reactions: loler55

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They said it's the final major update. Maybe they will fix the pluralisation and empty space in a minor update :)
and sakurai has said after many titles in the smash bros series that it's done...yet here we are...who knows, maybe they will change there mind and surprise us

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
This new update has made Mario Maker 2 100x better, the new super worlds online are similar to playing super mario world continuously, it’s fantastic fun! my only issue is they don’t make the super worlds downloadable like the single courses I’m surprised that wasn’t even an option.

Is it possible to make the first level of super Mario world on this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol