ROM Hack Summon Night Swordcraft Story: Beginnings Stone

Salixa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops, posted before I was finished.

Yep, some of those files are missing translations. That's not to say 3rd day is completely devoid of translations at all; when we did this originally, we went through the game and tried to find all the story scripts manually, and I focused efforts on those. As a result anything that didn't get found most likely hasn't been touched yet.

Missing translations from 17e055c is caused by a duplicated file without translation, that overwrites the good file. I've gone ahead and removed that. Take an update and try it again.

The rest of the untranslated lines all appear to be references to your partner's name:
だめよ、振証栄
Where inside of the script file extracted from the game XML file it says:
だめよ、<partner>

@oil_ Can probably provide more info on that.

Last edited by Salixa,

oil_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Yes, there was a bug with duplicate files. I have a fix but I don't think it's worth it to do a new release just for that since you removed the duplicate files so it doesn't really matter anymore.

That other issue with untranslated lines that contain the partner name is strange... I haven't gotten to day 3 yet. When I have time I'll play some more and see if I can find the problem.

Last edited by oil_,
Reactions: Pablitox

AnnieTheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
After Manig Mine second guardian. Enzi+Ritchburn.
Enzi says "My Estimations Were Inaccurate"
I didn't pay attention at first, so possibly wrong portrait; also fix the uppercase letters there, please
Thank you for your hard work.

Salixa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After Manig Mine second guardian. Enzi+Ritchburn.
Enzi says "My Estimations Were Inaccurate"
I didn't pay attention at first, so possibly wrong portrait; also fix the uppercase letters there, please
Thank you for your hard work.

Not sure exactly what script that's in. For reporting issues please use "subtitler with console.bat" and include the code on the left side (ex: 17c478).
Regarding the odd capitalization, for Run-dor a decision was made in the early stages of the project to capitalize every word to emphasize him being a robot.

@oil_ I noticed sometimes the translations don't match up. Seems to be because there can be multiple instances of the same JP text, however they have different EN translations. Here's an example:

ONiE41v.png

It's not a big deal to me, so if it's too much of a pain to fix that's fine.

Last edited by Salixa,

ronroxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Yah so I've been waiting for 3 years and got back recently. I also started programming a while ago so if there's any help you need please tell me the program. I'll learn at least some of it in 2 weeks or so and then start working with you guys

AnnieTheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Regarding the odd capitalization, for Run-dor a decision was made in the early stages of the project to capitalize every word to emphasize him being a robot.
MAN, PLEASE READ MY POSTS CAREFULLY
It's NOT Run-Dor, I Am Playing With Ritchburn And Enzi. And their Manig Mine lines got capitalized by mistake. In a dialogue straight after second boss(armored weirdo).
It might be the same issue yo're reporting for oil just now but i dunno if it really is

Version with console crashes immediately on my PC so sorry no addresses but im trying to report as clear as I can - finding line by it's text with a modern text editor may be not a hard task -_-

Last edited by AnnieTheGamer,

defaultdefault

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

it's comments like these that, i believe, will be the reason for why people would suddenly stop working/helping on this project. nobody owes you anything @AnnieTheGamer. i know you are very.. 'excited' (i'm talking about your attitude here just heavily doused with honey) about the full fan translation of this game. everybody is. from the lurkers to all the people who are commenting/helping/working on this project. would it be so hard to forgive people for making mistakes, kiddo?

Version with console crashes immediately on my PC so sorry no addresses but im trying to report as clear as I can - finding line by it's text with a modern text editor may be not a hard task -_-

why not try it on your end? please use a modern text editor and find the line in question. finding one shouldn't be that hard of a task.

GameboyJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
While playing the game, I came across a clump of untranslated text in the story. I dug through the "subtitles" folder to find that 17e85bc.txt has absolutely nothing written in it, yet the text files before and after are translated. I updated the Subtitler, but to no avail.

Edit: The same applies to 17e8a3c.txt which seems to be the same section of the story? (I'm guessing, going by what's in the text files immediately before and after.)

Last edited by GameboyJunkie,

Salixa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Chill out, all I was asking is if you could include the name of the file with the error. Anyways, I fixed it. There were two issues here: one is that the line was wrong in run-dor's text, and second, the issue I just reported; same JP text, but the first occurance had an incorrect translation which carried over to all the other partners due to how the Subtitler finds translated text. With text blocks for different partners, it always goes Run-dor > Enzi > Killfith > Rufeel which is why that happened.

While playing the game, I came across a clump of untranslated text in the story. I dug through the "subtitles" folder to find that 17e85bc.txt has absolutely nothing written in it, yet the text files before and after are translated. I updated the Subtitler, but to no avail.

Edit: The same applies to 17e8a3c.txt which seems to be the same section of the story? (I'm guessing, going by what's in the text files immediately before and after.)

Good catch, added translations for those. Should be able to get the new text through the updater. Note that it's going to take a while for me to find all the untranslated story stuff on my own since I'm making save states every time the game loads a script.

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Heya all, sorry for dissapearing for a while, I got kind of busy but i'm glad things are progressing. I can't say anything 'bout the inserter, other than earthdarkness is still MIA, which really sucks. Still, proofreading the script will be very easy with oil subtitler (something i'm very grateful for).

Other than that, i'll take care of the remaining graphics: extras and link options, and the credits.

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
When is the last time you heard from earthdarkness? The last time he posted? The fact that he disappears for 6+ months with no communication is pretty shitty. It takes just 5 minutes to come and give an update on the situation. It's a shame he didn't openly develop his tools(claiming 'messy' code, the excuse everyone uses), no one else is going to want to work on anything when he could pop up at any time.

Last edited by windwakr,
Reactions: Pablitox

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
When is the last time you heard from earthdarkness? The last time he posted? The fact that he disappears for 6+ months with no communication(it takes just 5 minutes to come and give an update on the situation) is really shitty. It's a shame he didn't openly develop his tools(claiming 'messy' code, the excuse everyone uses). No one else is going to want to work on anything when he could pop up at any time.

Febraury 1st. Last I heard was that he's pretty busy, and really sorry that he couldn't do much about it. I still hope he'll appear sometime soon. He said he wants to see it through, and I see no reason why he'd lie (unless he was a troll, which he isn't because of the fact the first lines were inserted for real). Also, he told me some nifty facts about the uncompressed text, which I could use if I were to use VBA SDL H again.

I trust he'll come back! (that is, if nothing bad happened to him :blink:).

Last edited by Pablitox,
Reactions: mikeprado30

AnnieTheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
it's comments like these that, i believe, will be the reason for why people would suddenly stop working/helping on this project. nobody owes you anything @AnnieTheGamer. i know you are very.. 'excited' (i'm talking about your attitude here just heavily doused with honey) about the full fan translation of this game. everybody is. from the lurkers to all the people who are commenting/helping/working on this project. would it be so hard to forgive people for making mistakes, kiddo?
why not try it on your end? please use a modern text editor and find the line in question. finding one shouldn't be that hard of a task.
My sincerest apologies, Mr. Defaultdefault, my behaviors are unforgivable :rofl2:
Chill out, all I was asking is if you could include the name of the file with the error. Anyways, I fixed it. There were two issues here: one is that the line was wrong in run-dor's text, and second, the issue I just reported; same JP text, but the first occurance had an incorrect translation which carried over to all the other partners due to how the Subtitler finds translated text. With text blocks for different partners, it always goes Run-dor > Enzi > Killfith > Rufeel which is why that happened.
Oh, thank goodness. Sorry for my rudenes, but I was pretty worried as this is only way to contribute I'm capable of :sad:

Worship

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
Hi I can't patch the game is there anyway you can post the game already patched it will mean a lot to me please:)

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi I can't patch the game is there anyway you can post the game already patched it will mean a lot to me please:)
Can't do actually, as that's against the rules. Just get TsukuyomiUPS and use the "Apply patch to existing file" option. the game you can find it on the internet easily, and the patch's already here. PM me if you have trouble (and no, can't send it from that way either).

Worship

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
I got the tsukuyomiUps but It is in zip file and I don't have laptop for the exe:(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Guess it can't be helped is there anyway I can patch it with an Android App?

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I got the tsukuyomiUps but It is in zip file and I don't have laptop for the exe:(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Guess it can't be helped is there anyway I can patch it with an Android App?

There's Rompatcher on Playstore, you can try with that one.

GameboyJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Good catch, added translations for those. Should be able to get the new text through the updater. Note that it's going to take a while for me to find all the untranslated story stuff on my own since I'm making save states every time the game loads a script.

Sweet, cảm ơn anh!
Out of curiousity, are all text files in the "subtitles" folder supposed to have something written in them, or are some meant to be blank?

Last edited by GameboyJunkie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, That is definitely exciting news. +1