ROM Hack Summon Night Swordcraft Story: Beginnings Stone

Shinon

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
definitely the right one (Ritchburn's) you can tell by looking at "Kajishi!" Atlus officially localized it as "Craftknight". Earth's tools make it possible to insert it. He talked to me yesterday and by end of the semestre he'll be contacting Normatt about the inserter and the opcodes that were found.
Does that mean theres 2 translation for thd game i'll take Ritchburn's tranduction than the other

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Does that mean theres 2 translation for thd game i'll take Ritchburn's tranduction than the other
No, there's only one. I wanted to highlight the differences between insertion tools, the old one (Ritchburn) uses romanized words and the limit of each line of text make it for a lot of missing information, which isn't cool. The one that will be used is the most recently translated script (which does not make use of romanized words, rather a very clean yet stiff translation), and earthdarkness tools, which allow for more size in each text box. I thought that much was clear from my previous post, sorry!

Last edited by Pablitox,

Shinon

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
No, there's only one. I wanted to highlight the differences between insertion tools, the old one (Ritchburn) uses romanized words and the limit of each line of text make it for a lot of missing information, which isn't cool. The one that will be used is the most recently translated script (which does not make use of romanized words, rather a very clean yet stiff translation), and earthdarkness tools, which allow for more size in each text box. I thought that much was clear from my previous post, sorry!
Sigh i hope to use the older translation

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The only translation that has been completed is the latest one (which has been completed a year or so), so we'll be using that one. The old one just reach the first 3 days of the game, and it was never completed.

Shinon

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The only translation that has been completed is the latest one (which has been completed a year or so), so we'll be using that one. The old one just reach the first 3 days of the game, and it was never completed.
Thats depressing for me ,since i'm a purist? *sigh*

TheEdgeFencer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so wait a minute. Sorry if the information I'm seeking is already answered somewhere, but what exactly do you guys need to do to finish it?

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Okay, so wait a minute. Sorry if the information I'm seeking is already answered somewhere, but what exactly do you guys need to do to finish it?

Earth is already taking care of the script insertion:
  • Opcodes identification: a lot of them were identified and Earth knows the more relevant ones (text boxes, end of line, etc).
  • rearranging pointers so that the english translated script can fit inside (look at the pictures).
Once that's finished, begins the ASM part:
  • Make a shift-jis to ascii conversion so that each character occupies one byte instead of two.
  • make a VWF to couple that.
Ghanmi's taking care of the graphics translation. There are only a few missing (lottery minigame to be exact).

I've taken care of uncompressed messages of the game (system messages, items, weapons, etc) and some opcode identification (mainly the portraits for each character, also teleportation and minigame opcodes).

I think that covers everything.

Reactions: XswordcraftX

TheEdgeFencer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Earth is already taking care of the script insertion:
  • Opcodes identification: a lot of them were identified and Earth knows the more relevant ones (text boxes, end of line, etc).
  • rearranging pointers so that the english translated script can fit inside (look at the pictures).
Once that's finished, begins the ASM part:
  • Make a shift-jis to ascii conversion so that each character occupies one byte instead of two.
  • make a VWF to couple that.
Ghanmi's taking care of the graphics translation. There are only a few missing (lottery minigame to be exact).

I've taken care of uncompressed messages of the game (system messages, items, weapons, etc) and some opcode identification (mainly the portraits for each character, also teleportation and minigame opcodes).

I think that covers everything.

Okay, thanks. I'm not entirely sure what all of that means, or how much that really is, but it doe help me understand the progress. Seriously, thank you so much for all of this. I only recently got into the games a bit ago, but they're definitely my favorite games of all time. I can tell you and everyone else is working really hard to get this done, and I feel really bad that I can't help.

Reactions: Pablitox

Dravonic

Trophies
Website
www.aeonity.com
XP
Country
United States
This is amazing. I didn't know this game existed and would've been peeved about it if I was much younger. This series of games made up my childhood though I have yet to beat 2. >< I've spent so many hours pouring into the first game though.

Best of luck you friends~

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi!

Sorry the lack of updates, I've hard a lot of last-minute university work to do (when is it gonna end?), there has not been much project except for the lottery minigame translation. Here it is:

http://dl.dropbox.com/s/li5hu4nv3s8thv8/2273 - Summon Night Craft Sword Monogatari - Hajimari no Ishi (J)(Caravan).png

Thanks to @GHANMI for the translation.

No news on the inserter, I hope @EarthDarkness has finished it. He did not reply my last message so he must be busy. I'll update when he replies though, don't worry.

Last edited by Pablitox,

KazutoGS

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Umm... Hi! I'm a Newbie here, but i read all this thread,
and the golden sun thread, and the old summon night thread, so i'm completely informed.
I wanna help you, but i dunno how, is there something i can help you?

(Sorry for my bad english, i'm from Venezuela)

-Kazu

Last edited by KazutoGS,

megarock1018

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A little help? I patched it (On a Mac,) using Multipatch, and it says it went well, but this is what happened, I dont know what im doing wrong... if it helps, the one im using is:
2273 - Summon Night Craft Sword Monogatari - Hajimari no Ishi (J)(Caravan)

i guess it was patched incorrectly... But anybody know why its happening?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 1.40.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 1.40.41 PM.png
    124.1 KB · Views: 635
Last edited by megarock1018,

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
A little help? I patched it (On a Mac,) using Multipatch, and it says it went well, but this is what happened, I dont know what im doing wrong... if it helps, the one im using is:
2273 - Summon Night Craft Sword Monogatari - Hajimari no Ishi (J)(Caravan)
Game script is still untranslated sadly.

megarock1018

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah... I see, well i'll be waiting eagerly for it to be completed then! Good luck everyone!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not sure but this also happened.... Some weirdness

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 2.16.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 2.16.27 PM.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 589

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Don't worry. That is known as caveman speaking, and it is a result of using dual tile encoding, because some kanjis were turned into a combination of characters

megarock1018

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh gotcha, well i cant wait till this is all done! Me and a few of my pals are anxiously awaiting the full patch of it (And hopefully, i can get it to patch properly)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: did you see the fallout series