Raze1988

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, brace for impact:

My PAL Wii with Wiikey 1.9g installed suddenly stopped to read my Backups. Only the Originals work.
This happend like that: Played SMG, downloaded the new Mii channel, played SMG again the next day, shut down = now i can't play any backups. WiiKey Setup disc won't load either.

At first i suspected the new Mii channel....but that can't be the issue because i played a backup right after installing and using the new channel.
So i opened my Wii. Everything looked fine/Nothing smelled burnt (the soldering points were OK)

Opening and checking cables/soldering points helped nothing. It still doesn't work.

I noticed something:
If i put in an original game - The Drive loads up properly (you know, that sound like it's chargin' the lazer)
If i put a backup in - The Drive wants to load, but it stops completely after a few seconds

What's the problem here and how can i solve it? I heard about adjusting a potenziometer or something like that. What is it, and can a layman successfully adjust it?

EDIT: So much answers ^^ I think my WiiKey is f*cked

lordcoxis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Ok, brace for impact:

My PAL Wii with Wiikey 1.9g installed suddenly stopped to read my Backups. Only the Originals work.
This happend like that: Played SMG, downloaded the new Mii channel, played SMG again the next day, shut down = now i can't play any backups. WiiKey Setup disc won't load either.

I have exactly the same problem. One day it was working 100%, the other (yesterday) it reads absolutely no backups (various brands, +/-R, all discs that used to load), just originals. Anyone else had this problem?

pirate_arrh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have had problems where when i play a non back up, then back to an original, it gives me read errors.

I reboot and its fine.

It could be a loose wire on you mod chip?

Try and lay ir down or stand it up?

spirited

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this happend to me, the old disk that used to work no longer worked but somehow when i reburnt the game on a different burner it would read the new disk.

lordcoxis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Ok, brace for impact:

Checkout http://wiikey19g.wordpress.com/ seems like the same problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, I know what it is. :creep: