Gaming Splatoon Demo Incoming! May 8 and 9, 2015!

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hell man, it is noon already... Maybe???
The US times are the same as UK as it is simultaneous.
So everywhere in the world in Universal Time (UTC):
Saturday 9th:
3am-4am
11am-12pm
7pm-8pm

Translate UTC to your local time zone as the thing is simultaneous.

He forgot to say: 4-5am, Falling asleep

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Are they fucking kidding?! I really hope that the US times arent the same as UK (within each zone).

4am - 5am -Asleep
12pm-1pm -Maybe waking up
8pm-9pm -Taking care of my demanding 1 year old whilst catching up on my wrestling weeklies.

Seriously, I get that it's a stress test but how about some hours in which working adults can try this game out? Looks like I'm going to have to try for the 12PM session.

Yeah no way in hell am I gonna be awake at 4am-5am to play Splatoon, that's just downright stupid when I'll have the full game later this month.

Reactions: Margen67

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe someone should hunt down some definite info and make a times list for the major time zones. Fucking Nintendo! Leave it up to them to find a way to screw up a good idea!

Ok. I will do it.
ROUNDUS PSTUS ESTUTC/GMTBST (London)CET (Most Europe)
1st
(Friday May 8th on US)
(Saturday May 9th on EU)
8PM - 9PM11PM-12AM3AM-4AM4AM-5AM5AM-6AM
2nd
May 9th
4AM-5AM7AM-8AM11AM-12PM12PM-1PM1PM-2PM
3rd
May 9th
12PM-1PM3PM-4PM7PM-8PM8PM-9PM9PM-10PM

(If only table BBCode worked)

I suppose an image shouldn't fail...
v3ezHQz.png

Sources:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/07/nintendo-kicks-off-splatoon-beta-this-weekend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/splatoon_global_testfire_demo_confirmed_for_this_weekend
http://nintendo-online.de/wiiu/news...oeffentlicht-globaler-online-test-am-samstag/

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I will do it.
ROUNDUS PSTUS ESTUTC/GMTBST (London)CET (Most Europe)
1st
(Friday May 8th on US)
(Saturday May 9th on EU)
8PM - 9PM11PM-12AM3AM-4AM4AM-5AM5AM-6AM
2nd
May 9th
4AM-5AM7AM-8AM11AM-12PM12PM-1PM1PM-2PM
3rd
May 9th
12PM-1PM3PM-4PM7PM-8PM8PM-9PM9PM-10PM

(If only table BBCode worked)

I suppose an image shouldn't fail...
v3ezHQz.png

Sources:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/splatoon_global_testfire_demo_confirmed_for_this_weekend
http://nintendo-online.de/wiiu/news...oeffentlicht-globaler-online-test-am-samstag/

Thanks for the chart. I guess 11pm-12am should be fine. Sucks that I'll only have one hour to try this game. Ugh! Was already annoyed with this game but now it's worse.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
After watching that long 20min video of splatoon which has a voice over guy explaining the game and enemies, I've been totally turned off the game. I was all set to get this, but not any more. Looks so boring and basic.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After watching that long 20min video of splatoon which has a voice over guy explaining the game and enemies, I've been totally turned off the game. I was all set to get this, but not any more. Looks so boring and basic.

I am of the school of first playing then deciding, and there is some good oportunity to play the thing tomorrow for free.
(Well, it doesn't mean that I won't decide against buying it after tomorrow... but should as well at least try it before deciding)

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5/08 (Fri) 11PM - 12AM EST <---Awake
5/09 (Sat) 7AM - 8AM EST <---If I set my alarm. But I am used to waking up at 4AM for my job.
5/09 (Sat) 3PM - 4PM EST <---Awake

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5/08 (Fri) 11PM - 12AM EST <---Awake
5/09 (Sat) 7AM - 8AM EST <---If I set my alarm. But I am used to waking up at 4AM for my job.
5/09 (Sat) 3PM - 4PM EST <---Awake
I'll be awake for this one. The second, I'm not sure about. The last one, I'll probably wouldn't even be home.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 9 year old is saying epic. Wants to play at 6 am. As I am watching I don't quite understand how the teams work together.

2 connection errors so far.

40 minutes in and getting constant connection errors now. Just finally joined again.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Downloading now, hoping I can get in 15 minutes of play before the servers close.

EDIT: Ugh I picked the default weapon and it sucks, the paint roller is SO OVERPOWERED. It's actually insane how much more efficient you are picking the paint roller. Pretty fun while I played though, good connection, zero lag, and great graphics. balance needs a shit ton of work though.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloading now, hoping I can get in 15 minutes of play before the servers close.

EDIT: Ugh I picked the default weapon and it sucks, the paint roller is SO OVERPOWERED. It's actually insane how much more efficient you are picking the paint roller. Pretty fun while I played though, good connection, zero lag, and great graphics. balance needs a shit ton of work though.

The paint roller is too good at spreading ink, but it's terrible in combat. Anyone with half a brain can just back up and shoot. It might be overpowered in turf war, but trash in king of the hill. Idk how they'll balance that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty