ROM Hack [Spider] Animal Crossing: New Leaf RAM Editing Thread

uriri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your town is fully grown. The reason why it looks like that now it's because it's early spring, and the tree leaves are still growing after the winter. You can TT to 7/10 to check for yourself if you're still uncertain. But it looks about right.

i checked! THANK YOU

oleana

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've got some issues with the map editor, maybe somebody can help me:
I use WINE to open the map editor since I don't have Windows. Up to injecting everything works fine. I get the green screen but when I go back to the game one of two things will happen. The game either crashes immediately or the new map will be shown on the lower screen but the upper screen / when I walk through my town it's still the same. I tried saving to see if the changes would show up when loading the game again but it would just crash and I had to use ABXY to reset everything (I made a backup so its fine). It's definitely not because of an invalid map because I also tried just making minor changes one at a time (e.g. removing a pond) and I still had the same problem. I also tried different things like changing building placements, removing bridges that wouldn't be attached to the river anymore, injecting inside or outside of buildings (I usually inject inside the train station) , clearing the browser history and cookies and downloading the editor from different sources.

I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. The RAM editor and leaf tools work just fine for me.
I'm using a 3DS XL, sysnand, ver. 9.5.0-22E, retail version of the game.

Start at 0x0004DA04 in the ram file
Acres bytes are found here (filename) with the acre images : https://mega.co.nz/#!utoBRBjI!6n8y18XFAE2pSOmEDe4bEOc7r1YW-iq9MzjJF4DpQp0
Waterfall bytes have to be found manually (it's easy, the byte is next to the first river acre byte)

I thought about using hex editing to change my map, but I don't know the acre bytes and that link doesn't work anymore. It says the file has been deleted. Could somebody tell me what the bytes are?

D

Deleted User

I'm borrowing my friend's 3DS on Tuesday, I'm pretty sure his is capable of running the browser exploit, so I may be able to do a bit of fooling around with the RAM .bin file.

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone figured out how to add custom items? Because I lost ALL my furniture some how in one house that had it last time I played. I am this close to just quitting on this file.

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone figured out how to add custom items? Because I lost ALL my furniture some how in one house that had it last time I played. I am this close to just quitting on this file.

The furniture information is apparently saved on the mori.bin, but not on the acnlram.bin

I'd need to check to confirm, though

uriri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMAO SO i made a mistake a long the way. Apparently the ship to the island is missing. And Kapp'n is standing under my town's dock. Does anybody knows how to fix this? I miss my island :(

Here's a preview:
RjEdAq8.jpg

uriri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I probably missed up the island box's location. Can someone please tell me the default X and Y variable?

Nevermind I forgot everyone has different locations of their island box.

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
I tried out the map editor. I have a separate section of beach with no access without swimming (the game has some of those naturally, apparently). So I tried to choose a tile with a ramp. It showed on the map, but didn't show up on the geography when I went there. I exited the game, and from that point on, the save got bricked.

So... warning to others, I suppose? Do not add a third ramp, the game doesn't seem to keen on it.

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can indeed modify furniture using the mori saves, but you cannot using the acnlram ones!

Just turned my furniture into wheat bundles fine.

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
That happened because you injected an old RAM file that was created using another player, that's all. You may try to inject an older RAM file using a character different to the one who lost its rooms, but then, you would be going back in time in other aspects.

Custom furniture use both higher flags IIRC, it would be a hell to index all of them.
You can indeed modify furniture using the mori saves, but you cannot using the acnlram ones!

Just turned my furniture into wheat bundles fine.
You can edit room furniture with my dumps too ;-) But you cannot inject for the current playable character. That's why Kippy lost her furniture.

uriri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not yet.

I'd be interested because I have a side player who is Lyle-less, so I can't access the island D:

How does Lyle and visiting island relate to one another? I thought unlocking the island would only require paying the first couple of home loans to Tom Nook using the bellpoint machine?

I recently made a side character and I manually upgraded my house to its maximum. Now, as I posted earlier, I can not travel to my island due to the fact that Kapp'n is under my town's dock. And his boat is apparently on top of the dock and invisible. I tried swimming under to talk to him but he always goes up. When he's up in the dock, he deliver his dialogue like he always do but as I ride to his "invisible" boat, the game freezes and crash.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1