ROM Hack [Spider] Animal Crossing: New Leaf RAM Editing Thread

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would I be able to use hex editing to change a villager's shirt to a design displayed in the able sisters shop?

Most likely possible (if a villager is using a custom pattern, it's within the first lines of their hex information), but not something I'd recommand doing if you're not familiar with hex editing.

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone done any research on the town tree sizes? More specifically the hours/day played aspect of it? The spreadsheet has information on the hours/days played, but only for the 500 hous/days milestone. And I wanted to see if anyone had found any information on the other milestones.

If not then I'm planning on doing my own research today :)! Just thought I should ask before I started (dont want to waste my time to find out that someone has already done the work)

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
prudps:/address=118.151.128.19;port=51041;CID=1;PID=2;sid=1;stream=10;type=2........).branch:egd_server build:2_22_13376_30_18.u

Found this in my ram file, i think it's the wifi island configuration, or the best friend server... Wonder what happen if we change those values...

I also found this : prudp:/address=92.xxx.xxx.xxx;port=51504;natf=2;natm=1;pmp=0;sid=15;type=3;upnp=0

this time, the ip address is mine. I really can't understand how it works, it looks like p2p communications

edit 2 : Tried to mess around with the values, the game just crashed when I disconnected my best friend list

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone done any research on the town tree sizes? More specifically the hours/day played aspect of it? The spreadsheet has information on the hours/days played, but only for the 500 hous/days milestone. And I wanted to see if anyone had found any information on the other milestones.

If not then I'm planning on doing my own research today :)! Just thought I should ask before I started (dont want to waste my time to find out that someone has already done the work)

Tree changes at 1, 5, 20, 50, 100, 180, 300 and 500 days played. So, you just have to change the data for the appropriate number of days

These should be the values for hex value for byte starting 0x5C7BA

1 = 0x01 = 01 00
5 = 0x05 = 05 00
20 = 0x14 = 14 00
50 = 0x32 = 32 00
100 = 0x64 = 64 00
180 = 0xB4 = B4 00
300 = 0x12C = 2C 01
500 = 0x1F4 = F4 01

In other news, the spreadsheet started crashing again for me. gdi.

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
I managed to change my houses furnitures
(floating clock in the picture)
1430850142-zlcfztuohla-mgmqbz.jpg

i'll post a little tutorial later

x66x66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See how my character hold the shovel :

1430926221-zlcfztu4yva2tzhygc.jpg

So cool

Whoa. How are you doing all this? Is this all in the FCRAM? I tried changing a villager name and I didn't get any results. The name in the fcram was changed, but the villager name was the same. I was changing the names found at 0x18373FC. Don't know if that was the right place to edit or not, but that's what I tried.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk if this is an Easter egg or some error but I found this hilarious. The whole thing says "DUMMY". I found this when I changed everything to flat grass.
f3aa32fd_o.jpeg
ce6f77a6_o.jpeg

bd8c7715_o.jpeg
5fe93cf9_o.jpeg

"DUMMY" is a term used in programming for testing things. In the original Gamecube AC, you could get an item from igloo games called "DUMMY" which was an oversized floating white triangle furniture. It was a programming oversight that allowed players to acquire the item.

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"DUMMY" is a term used in programming for testing things. In the original Gamecube AC, you could get an item from igloo games called "DUMMY" which was an oversized floating white triangle furniture. It was a programming oversight that allowed players to acquire the item.

Awesome! I known what the "DUMMY" meant after I did a research about it but I'm glad I found an testing area. It was underneath the bridge which I had to hex edit to see it. Kinda cool if you think about it.

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tentative

Values for happiness for native villagers (meaning villagers that spawned in your town, or via your campsite. this does not work with animals gotten via streetpass and visiting other towns)

For villagers that moved in by streetpass or from other towns, you have to manually search it because these values are for their native mayor in the town of origin.

The information is in the block that has the custom nickname and custom greeting of the villager, and starts 6 bytes before the town name.

FF 01 is the value for maximum happiness.

2860b-2860c = villager #1

2ab03-2ab04 = villager #2

2cffb-2cffc = villager #3

2f4f3-2f4f4 = villager #4

319eb-319ec = villager #5

33ee3-33ee4 = villager #6

363db-363dc = villager #7

388d3-388d4 = villager #8

3adcb-3adcc = villager #9

3d2c3-3d2c4 = villager #10

Due to the variable nature of these, I'll wait until further testing to put them on the spreadsheet

Reactions: letoons

uriri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help. I have been editing, back and forth, my dump file to the hope of maximizing the size of my town tree. And so far its been a big FAIL.

My offset 0x5C7BA is 501 which is F5 01

Av5lRRJ.png

Anddd my 0x5C730 is set to 1819247 which is 6F C2 1B

HvA4khW.png

But my town tree is still on this size:

d6JP2RP.jpg

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help. I have been editing, back and forth, my dump file to the hope of maximizing the size of my town tree. And so far its been a big FAIL.

My offset 0x5C7BA is 501 which is F5 01

Av5lRRJ.png

Anddd my 0x5C730 is set to 1819247 which is 6F C2 1B

HvA4khW.png

But my town tree is still on this size:

d6JP2RP.jpg

Your town is fully grown. The reason why it looks like that now it's because it's early spring, and the tree leaves are still growing after the winter. You can TT to 7/10 to check for yourself if you're still uncertain. But it looks about right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...