ROM Hack [Spider] Animal Crossing: New Leaf RAM Editing Thread

Kiyomi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to change my second, third and fourth characters name.
But i can't find them on the hex, is it just me or am i completely just abnormal.

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh no! Must be a cache problem in your browser. I just checked it and it loads up just fine. try CTRL + F5 to refresh and clear your cache for that page.
Nope, doesn't load beyond line 99 for me, sadly. It used to work on Chrome, but not anymore.

I'll check on the desktop later

EDIT: Figured out why it was freezing : my firefox version was LARGELY OUTDATED. It is working in Firefox 37.0 and I was in 34.something.

8bittears

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to create an acnlram.bin file without using a DS? Is there some other way it can be created? I have a friend I want to help but he's one state over and his DS is not capable of using the hacks like I can because of the firmware update.

I guess my other option could be to use LeafTools and create another extra save file on MY cart then somehow give it to him but I guess again, he'd need to find a way to inject it. Argh.

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to create an acnlram.bin file without using a DS? Is there some other way it can be created? I have a friend I want to help but he's one state over and his DS is not capable of using the hacks like I can because of the firmware update.

I guess my other option could be to use LeafTools and create another extra save file on MY cart then somehow give it to him but I guess again, he'd need to find a way to inject it. Argh.
No, you have to be between 9.0 and 9.4 to be able to use it. Your friend is SOL

8bittears

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, you have to be between 9.0 and 9.4 to be able to use it. Your friend is SOL

Tears for years. ;~; Thanks Sopheroo.

Now for some other Q's,

1.) I read that editing the cliff with the waterfall could brick your game, such as creating an island. Can someone be more specific about that? I've seen a few maps with islands already and don't understand what makes the creation of one dangerous or not. Is an island without a flowing-off waterfall unsafe and an island with no waterfall BUT rivers completely safe? If I keep acnlram.bin backups before each round of edits I should be fine, yes?

2.) Loved the idea of butting up Town Hall and Re-Tail right up against the train station rail (plans to put cafe and police station as they become available) but noticed you can still ghost walk behind the buildings even though there's no visible gap. Is it safe to keep it that way? Got the idea from another map and so far my game is still completely playable as if nothing ever moved.

EDIT: I also have my mayor house this way because there's no way Nook would go for it. Plan to do the same thing for the campsite as well.

3.) I just started my game file so Kapp'n isn't even at the dock yet. Is it safe to move the 1 dock basket coordinate listed in the Ram Editor? I already changed the beach ramp style in Map Editor so space is a little tight on getting to the dock but is in no way impossible nor is it ghosting like the Town Hall and Re-Tail mentioned previously.

EDIT 2:

Another question...

4.) Is there any way to "reset" a villager? Example, started new game, trying to build friendship to get 100% mayor approval, I did things for my fellow villagers like catching them fish. They put said ugly fish in their house or changed their shirt. Can I reset them to have all original clothing/furniture/catchphrase? I'm not the best at recreating their interiors so I prefer to keep them original as possible until I do figure something out. Say Poppy put a dumb dace (fish) on her table, can I dump the file, go into Ram Editor, switch her out to another villager like Marshal to replace and reset Poppy then inject the file and then dump, replace Marshal back to Poppy with reset option? I believe I read somewhere that may cause problems because of the game's "16 villager memory"? I'd prefer to do so without hex editing because I have not built up the mental confidence to go that far yet.

I actually considered starting my town with complete low tier uggo villagers for this very reason so that I can reset them to my dreamies later on, but I couldn't resist being able to enjoy the game with my favorites so early on as I already played the game once painfully trying to obtain all my dreamies through forum trading and cycling.

SuperStardust

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may or may not have made an account to ask a question or two, BUT

I'm another one of the curious people who wanted that sideways bench from Main Street in their town, but the building seeder isn't injecting it for me? (every other pwp or event building works, but the main street building/object values specifically give me a black screen instead of a green one...)

Could be that I'm doing it wrong, but is there a way I can locate the offset that a normal pwp is located in and replace the value with a value of one of the Main Street buildings, or is that not possible?

I apologize if I worded things weird, I'm pretty sleepy.

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anybody know the values for the retail wallpaper + flooring? (and any other unobtainable wallpapers/carpets)

NikkiKaji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does it mean by "Breaks Nook" when you change the size of your rooms? Does the game crash every time you enter his store or something?

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What does it mean by "Breaks Nook" when you change the size of your rooms? Does the game crash every time you enter his store or something?

For changing the size of the rooms, if you did not pay the 39 800 loan and don't have the HHA unlocked, you can be permanently stuck without HHA access, and also without island access if you max all of the rooms.

haunty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to change the exterior for three of my character's houses (mayor, p1 and p2) and it works, but only temporarily. After the 6am reset, the houses go back to the way they were before the edit. Is there any way to fix this, and if so - how?

Never mind, I made a mistake and was able to fix it.

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to change the exterior for three of my character's houses (mayor, p1 and p2) and it works, but only temporarily. After the 6am reset, the houses go back to the way they were before the edit. Is there any way to fix this, and if so - how?

Never mind, I made a mistake and was able to fix it.

I take it you only edited one set of the bytes instead of both?

haunty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I take it you only edited one set of the bytes instead of both?

Yep, that's what I get for trying to rush it before bed.

On a separate note, is there a way to edit the town history (the stuff you see when you sit by your town tree) through hex? I just want to change the dates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I like it gentle