Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

FEAR_1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I installed ReiNand on my O3DS just fine, everything works, AGB, TWL but looks like Sm4sh is rebooting to Sysnand, it gives me a "unable to find the latest data..." and if I press the Home button the console crashes, how do I fix it?

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm using a non screen init arm9 that I'd like to continue to use, does Reinand work with this version of screen init? I tried but got a black screen and I recall reading another user had to screen init to get it to work.

I'm going through the lengthy process now of removing my emunand partition from my sdcards.

Last edited by democracy,

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
So I'm using a non screen init arm9 that I'd like to continue to use, does Reinand work with this version of screen init? I tried but got a black screen and I recall reading another user had to screen init to get it to work.

I'm going through the lengthy process now of removing my emunand partition from my sdcards.
why would you want non-screen init? get with the times grandpa :P
or just comment out the splash in main and compile. lol

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would you want non-screen init? get with the times grandpa :P
Er.. There's actually updated forks without screen-init.
The flash when booting up the system can get quite annoying for those who don't want to use splashscreens.
So I use Aurora's non-screen init A9LH fork.
Depends on the person really.

Last edited by Supster131,
Reactions: democracy

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Im on sysNAND 9.0 EU and GW emuNAND 9.0 EU (N3DS). The latest BootNTR.cia 3.2 (from 44670) works fine if booting my GW emunand with the GW red card but it doesnt works if I boot the same GW emunand with ReiNAND. Everything else works fine in ReiNAND (twl, agb etc), except for BootNTR.cia (error: unknown menu and not supported firmware)

BTW whats the difference between Shadowtrances build, 44670 and BootNTR-Mode3?

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
Im on sysNAND 9.0 EU and GW emuNAND 9.0 EU (N3DS). The latest BootNTR.cia 3.2 (from 44670) works fine if booting my GW emunand with the GW red card but it doesnt works if I boot the same GW emunand with ReiNAND. Everything else works fine in ReiNAND (twl, agb etc), except for BootNTR.cia (error: unknown menu and not supported firmware)

BTW whats the difference between Shadowtrances build, 44670 and BootNTR-Mode3?

@Shadowtrance 's fork has support with 9.0, 9.6 and 10.2 FIRMs

Darkrai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys about this problem with the saves on GBA games, I've been playing "Super Mario Advanced 2 - Super Mario World" for a while (I've installed the game in sys and emu) and it saves normally, even when it boots directly on emuNand.

I'm testing it again here with another game to be sure (Eur version of Minish Cap), but I think that this problem is in the GBA .cia file you are using...

Edit: Yep, it saves just fine, I'm pretty sure that this problem is with the GBA injected .cia that you are using...

Last edited by Darkrai,

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys about this problem with the saves on GBA games, I've been playing "Super Mario Advanced 2 - Super Mario World" for a while (I've installed the game in sys and emu) and it saves normally, even when it boots directly on emuNand.

I'm testing it again here with another game to be sure (Eur version of Minish Cap), but I think that this problem is in the GBA .cia file you are using...

Edit: Yep, it saves just fine, I'm pretty sure that this problem is with the GBA injected .cia that you are using...

weird, wonder why Aureinand exits to sysnand after quiting a gba game

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

You are playing them from emuNAND, right? Try playing just from sysNAND and without going back to it(AKA: Install GBA to sysNAND(don't install on emuNAND), play it, reboot directly to emuNAND). Launching it from emuNAND is fine, but it means that you have to waste space by installing them twice.

Darkrai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You are playing them from emuNAND, right? Try playing just from sysNAND and without going back to it(AKA: Install GBA to sysNAND(don't install on emuNAND), play it, reboot directly to emuNAND). Launching it from emuNAND is fine, but it means that you have to waste space by installing them twice.

Yep I'm playing it from emuNand, my setup is emu + MenuHax + CtrBootM + Rei 3.6b.

I don't know if this matters but GBA games wont open in sys if I dont run Pasta CFW first.

I will try to play the Super Mario World from the sys (it is more easy to save from some level on map screen and see if works), but after reboot in emuNand you want me to run it again from sys or from emu ?

Rosselman

Spooky Skeleton
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yep I'm playing it from emuNand, my setup is emu + MenuHax + CtrBootM + Rei 3.6b.

I don't know if this matters but GBA games wont open in sys if I dont run Pasta CFW first.

I will try to play the Super Mario World from the sys (it is more easy to save from some level on map screen and see if works), but after reboot in emuNand you want me to run it again from sys or from emu ?
Ah, you are using Menuhax, that affects only people who use ARM9LoaderHax, as it skips sysNAND during boot. MenuHax loads sysNAND to run Menuhax and then goes to emuNAND, so both are loaded, even if you can't see.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am already running Updated sysNAND via A9LH :P So I'm fine

Sno0t

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To everyone who does not want to install to both due to the 'extreme' loss of sd space:
Maybe this forwarder tutorial is helpful. Got Ninja'd
Sure, you still have to install 2 files, but you will not lose as much space.
I think this is the best solution if you're using emunand/sysnand
- You can always just launch emunand and start the gba games
- You don't have to worry about the saves, as the error only occurs if you launch directly from sysnand and it reboots to emu

If you are a 'mostly on sysnand' user, there are payloads posted a few posts back so that you automatically start sysnand instead of emunand and the problem is solved.

Maybe this is not the ultimate solution for everyone.
However, you have a CFW and therefore have some privileges 'normal' users don't have.
You can make some compromises/tradeoffs can't you?

regards

PS: Love your cfw rei =D

Last edited by Sno0t,

Darkrai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ah, you are using Menuhax, that affects only people who use ARM9LoaderHax, as it skips sysNAND during boot. MenuHax loads sysNAND to run Menuhax and then goes to emuNAND, so both are loaded, even if you can't see.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am already running Updated sysNAND via A9LH :P So I'm fine

Ahh, I get it, I was thinking that it was a problem with the CFW it self and not the exploit method... One more motive in my list to why not move to A9lh yet...
Anyway, sorry I couldn't help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge