Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a EUR N3DS with Reinand installed as CFW. I'm just wondering if I can run some USA CIA games that someone else has already created, or should I take the time to learn how to convert EUR roms to CIA myself?

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a EUR N3DS with Reinand installed as CFW. I'm just wondering if I can run some USA CIA games that someone else has already created, or should I take the time to learn how to convert EUR roms to CIA myself?
As long as the CIA has region free enabled yes. Anyway its really easy to convert yourself with simple CIA converter

iceedge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well thats the thing. The way to firmware spoof is normally by using a higher firmware during firmlaunch. I cant get a higher firmware because I cant decrypt them. etc
Theres not much i can do from a cfw point of view i dont think. I was gonna try using NTR to find a way around since i regularly use reinand with NTR3

I've tried to install NTR on top of reinand before so I could use cheat codes but I keep getting an error message during the install. Anyone run into this before?

The error says

current firmware not supported.
please send feedback to
[email protected].
kversion: 02310000
bnBootNTR failed

Last edited by iceedge,

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
You can use decrypt9 through homebrew launcher

So using Simple CIA Converter I put the roms I want to conver to CIA into the folder, then generate ncchinfo.bin based on those roms, then use decrypt9 to get xorpads for those specific roms, and then with the xorpads I can conver them all to CIA?

And if I get new roms then I need to generate another ncchinfo.bin and get new xorpads for it again?

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
So using Simple CIA Converter I put the roms I want to conver to CIA into the folder, then generate ncchinfo.bin based on those roms, then use decrypt9 to get xorpads for those specific roms, and then with the xorpads I can conver them all to CIA?

And if I get new roms then I need to generate another ncchinfo.bin and get new xorpads for it again?
No, you put the roms you want to convert in the roms folder, xorpads in the xorpads folder and the created cia result/s end up in the cia folder. But yes that's pretty much how it works.
Yes, you need to do the same process again for new roms.

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
xorpads in the xorpads folder and the created cia result/s end up in the cia folder. But yes that's pretty much how it works.

So just so I understand it properly, I just need to get the xorpads from the 3DS once only, and then put the xorpads int he xorpads folder, and then I can use the program to make new CIAs without needing to get xorpads or anything else from the 3DS again?

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's not how it works. Let's explain:
You have 4 .3ds roms that you want to convert into cia. You have to copy the 4 roms into the rom folder of the program, then generate the ncchinfo.bin file. That file will contain the info only for that 4 roms. You copy the ncchinfo.bin into the proper folder of decrypt9 and generate xorpads. Those xorpads are specifics for those 4 roms. You copy xorpads in the xorpad folder of the program and start the conversion. You will find the resulting cias in the CIA folder.
If you want in future to convert other .3ds files you have to repeat the process

Reactions: klear

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So just so I understand it properly, I just need to get the xorpads from the 3DS once only, and then put the xorpads int he xorpads folder, and then I can use the program to make new CIAs without needing to get xorpads or anything else from the 3DS again?

Converting 3DS to CIA using Simple CIA converter

• Put your .3ds rom file in the \roms folder
  • Open the Converter, click generate ncchinfo.bin
  • Copy ncchinfo.bin to the root of your microSD card
  • Open Decrypt9, go to Xorpad-something, click the first entry
  • Take the two xorpad files that are now on your microSD and put it in the \xorpad folder of the Converter
  • Open the converter again, check firmware spoof if needed, and convert the rom to CIA
  • Take that cia and install it on your device
And finished. Needs to be done for every new game. But once you grasp the concept that's like two minutes work, especially if you use the Unmount SD option in Decrypt9 so you don't need to reboot your 3DS every time. Decrypt9 is really great.

calebsw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that'll work then. I think it was menuhax that'll let you autoboot to emunand. Then you can just use the cia to launch hb, if that's your thing.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how the heck do you use reinand? I downloaded the release from the pastebin and put it on my SD card. Launched it from the homebrew launcher and I just get a black screen, no options or anything.

Am I missing files? Does anyone have the complete set of files needed for it to run?
I'm collecting CFW for use with CTR boot manager, this is the last one I need.

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tonight's nightmare sponsored but G-Fuel! lolo