Sony VR headset unveiled

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
As a fan of racing games I'm quite excited about the prospect of VR.
I think it'll be best applied with games that already have 'real life' control schemes available (so far I can only think of driving and flying; anybody think of any others?) as jumping running shoot with a controller, surely can't be as immersive as turn the wheel, pedal to the metal kind of stuff.

The amount of space required to make a cab for gaming would go right down; all you'd need would be a small shell to fit the pedals and wheel... the screen + distance requirement would be lost.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I know you're joking, but the practical answer is no. The GUI and gun would be all up in your face.
All games need some tweaking in order to work with the Rift. GZ3Doom removes the HUD and places the gun further away from the face. This leaves the gun and hand sprite hovering in midair in front of the player, unattached to the "body" but at least it's not poking you in the eye.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
T-hug wrote this in such an eloquent manner; I request that thread be reopened and all future replies to this thread be redirected to that one. Besides, this has nothing to do with the Oculus Rift technology: it has to do with the new immersion thingy Sony has created using the technology. (not sure if I understand this concept completely) Or if it did, this was just a reveal of the features. That new one is a reveal of what the features can do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7