Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
New patch is out; the tutorials section in the library is now complete.

Mac2492 said:
I just went through and replaced those hyphens with ellipses. (Searched for "-" on every script page. xD)
Oh god so many changes D=
You delayed the new patch by a day, lol. Thanks for all the corrections though, it's a big help.

Always happy to help (delay your patch by a day... xP).

I'll see if I can work on the newly translated text once I'm down with my economics homework, which is interestingly filled with PowerPoint presentations that are abundant with Cookie Monster images. (No, I am not making this up.)

jarop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Darth (and everybody else assisting him),
Well i'm sure you've heard this before, but i doubt you get tired of hearing it so - YOUR TRANSLATION OWNS. Anyway, i just have a couple of questions regarding where you guys are going from here:
1) Do you have a general plan of what the order of translation you guys are gonna do things? Like are you going to translate random chunks at a time or do say all the library and then the NPCs etc.
2) Just out of curiosity, how come with your script you're only hanging at 99% for the cutscenes? Any particular problem with the last few lines?
3) I'm sure you get tired of hearing this, but with the custcenes out of the way, mind giving us a list of what's left? or is it just what's left in jap on the wiki page?

Anyway, in a couple of weeks time if you'd like, i'd gladly give you some help with making the english translations flow better or help with grammar and such (this post doesn't portray it in the most positive light but meh
smile.gif
). I'll post back here or message you.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
Jarop

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just realized that the new patch was missing the latest changes. I re-uploaded it, so you may want to grab it again if you wanted to read those tutorials.

jarop said:
Hi Darth (and everybody else assisting him),
Well i'm sure you've heard this before, but i doubt you get tired of hearing it so - YOUR TRANSLATION OWNS. Anyway, i just have a couple of questions regarding where you guys are going from here:
1) Do you have a general plan of what the order of translation you guys are gonna do things? Like are you going to translate random chunks at a time or do say all the library and then the NPCs etc.
2) Just out of curiosity, how come with your script you're only hanging at 99% for the cutscenes? Any particular problem with the last few lines?
3) I'm sure you get tired of hearing this, but with the custcenes out of the way, mind giving us a list of what's left? or is it just what's left in jap on the wiki page?

Anyway, in a couple of weeks time if you'd like, i'd gladly give you some help with making the english translations flow better or help with grammar and such (this post doesn't portray it in the most positive light but meh
smile.gif
). I'll post back here or message you.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
Jarop
1) Whatever people ask for the most frequently.
2) I'm simply not sure what they mean. All lines are in English, but uncertain lines are only counted as 50% translated for the stats.
3) I'm doing the dictionary next, and some of the ability descriptions seem to be missing information. After that, only the NPCs remain.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bunnybreaker said:
Thanks again DarthNemesis, I can't wait until I manage to convince my brother to play. I have been waiting so I can do the game co-op for the first time, but he doesn't like language barriers.
what barrier?

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
thedicemaster said:
bunnybreaker said:
Thanks again DarthNemesis, I can't wait until I manage to convince my brother to play. I have been waiting so I can do the game co-op for the first time, but he doesn't like language barriers.
what barrier?

Well, it's a Japanese game, he doesn't speak Japanese.

Hey, I started playing this game before the translation was started, but stopped soon into it, when he showed an interest in the translation.

M

multiboy2k

I agree 1000% with Sa1amandra, Darth.

I think you should look into the process of how to get into localizing games in the industry. You are hardworking, consistent, and very very patient with people.
If you need a letter of recommendation, I would be honored to write one for you if necessary. I'm sure that i am not the only one who
shares this sentiment. You are appreciated and your work is appreciated.

Thank You.
bow.gif

jarop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DarthNemesis said:
3) I'm doing the dictionary next, and some of the ability descriptions seem to be missing information. After that, only the NPCs remain.

Sweet. Seems like there's not too long to go eh, although those NPCs may take a while.

Let me know if you need any help with anything, i'd gladly help you with whatever to the best of my ability (as long as it's nothing jap).

BTW, im not sure if you noticed this, but i was playing in Act 1, and between the time from when you realise the cave collapses to when you go back to the priest (i think this is the right time of the chapter im not sure) if you try to go east to where the priests suggests you to go after you go visit him before you visit him, the text to tell you that you shouldn't enter that area yet is in jap.

Will post back if i find anything else worth mentioning

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My best guess is that text isn't considered "cut scene text", but "NPC text" instead. The NPC text isn't completely translated yet.

Mohammad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to everyone who worked/working on this
happy.gif
I'm addicted, have a massive headache for playing for to long. Great game, and I've only ran into Jap. in the theif camp in act 1, wanted to know what tombstones where, I learned when I died from that giant thunderbird lol.

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As we near completion, I'm starting to get curious... Will new patches come out after the translation is 100% completed? There are surely going to be typos that need correction.

We DO have SomaTrans, so user-made patches are always an option. I was just wondering if you (Darth) will keep compiling every so often, or if you will leave it up to the users to do that.

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi I just started this game yesterday with your patch, the game is awesome and I'd like to thank you for enabling me to play it in English, it's just so much better when I can understand it, I just wanted to know how much of the game has been translated as of the 2008-09-08 patch

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
imz said:
Hi I just started this game yesterday with your patch, the game is awesome and I'd like to thank you for enabling me to play it in English, it's just so much better when I can understand it, I just wanted to know how much of the game has been translated as of the 2008-09-08 patch

Go to the wiki (there is a link in the first post). The translation progress is there.

(For those who can't find it... The current progress is approximately 91.81%.)

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mac2492 said:
As we near completion, I'm starting to get curious... Will new patches come out after the translation is 100% completed? There are surely going to be typos that need correction.

We DO have SomaTrans, so user-made patches are always an option. I was just wondering if you (Darth) will keep compiling every so often, or if you will leave it up to the users to do that.
Absolutely, I will keep it updated as long as there are changes to be made.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!