Pikkon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AsosaYoung said:
Pikkon said:
Also for my japanese games not showing in the disc channel.When I installed SoftMii I started from phase 3 because I already had 3.2U and starfall installed,I know in the info it says something about installing special starfall hacks but I thought that would be no good since I already had starfall installed before.Now I followed the directions just fine,the only thing I did not install was the custom health screen menu,I already had the health screen menu disabled from starfall so I did not select it in preloader.

Any help would be great guys.
smile.gif

In the readme did it say to install special starfall hacks.

18) Answer "YES" when it asks you to install special starfall-type hacks. Wait for finish, can take a few minutes.

Simple directions.

Just my opinion. If you are updating from a working set up of the Backuplauncher to SoftMii it is better to run your Wii version of the systemmenu wad. That will remove Starfall ( I believe it and preload has issues) then start from ARC it has starfall hacks, Preloader has the rest. Follow it step by step to YOU JUST GOT SOFTMII'D

Thanks for your help,man thats alot of work to do.So I really have to reinstall 3.2u just so I can install the special starfall hacks or do I have to update to like 3.3 or 3.4 to reinstall everything.I might just stay where Im at for now as I can boot my japanese games from Gamma.

So is this the main reason because I don't have the special starfall hacks installed,there must be something else I could do.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
demetrie6 said:
i need to use the launcher cause all my games were ran through back up creator and dont work with softmii doh! just need to get some more lol!

No need to Doh me! You never said that in the post I highlighted
lecture.gif

Pikkon 4 steps:
Systemmenu wad
ARC
Preloader
Cioscorps
Optional:
SoftMii Tweaks

Soplox

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
myers said:
sorry if this is a daft question

my wii is softmodded and using gamma to play backups can i do an official update to give me virgin system so i can start fresh with the softmii

cheers
yes but after you do the update you must do a downgrade

demetrie6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry AsosaYoung i wasnt speaking to you in general i was just saying about my prediciment if anybody has used backup creator before they have burned the game it wont work so if i want to keep playing the games i have i need to use gamma until i get more thats all

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
demetrie6 said:
sorry AsosaYoung i wasnt speaking to you in general i was just saying about my prediciment if anybody has used backup creator before they have burned the game it wont work so if i want to keep playing the games i have i need to use gamma until i get more thats all

It's all gravy! Just here to learn and help. Never heard of backup creator so you know your problem so now you can fix it.
Good Luck!

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quick question. I installed everything, and it works.. except for the custom HS.
I downloaded Clarky's PAL HS pack 1, and put all in root of SD, but after using the tweak, it's still showing the original HS.

Anyone have any suggestions why it's not working?

houseonfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm.
After installing softMii using my region (NTSC 42.app) I don't seem to be able to load my Wii menu.

I can load Homebrew menu, and Preloader menu.

lolorlofl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
AsosaYoung said:
demetrie6 said:

It's all gravy! Just here to learn and help. Never heard of backup creator so you know your problem so now you can fix it.
Good Luck!
I think he's talking about decrypting or "patching" the .iso's before burning. I did that to 3 of my backups and they didn't work from the disc channel after doing SoftMii. Now I have to get them back, lol.

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've installed everything right but i don't have region free on ntsc does this enable region free disc channel loading i am using the hacks.ini file from .25 preloader

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, luca.. forgot to mention that one
wink.gif

I've tried both enabling and disabling replace health with backmenu.. disabled shows normal health. enabled shows the "back to main menu" moving thingy we all know.. :/

What am i doing wrong??

Quick edit: I had CIOScorp & starfall, so i proceeded by using ARC to get a fresh 3.2 with starfall-like hacks enabled, then installed everything else according to tut.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolorlofl said:
AsosaYoung said:
demetrie6 said:

Good Luck!
I think he's talking about decrypting or "patching" the .iso's before burning. I did that to 3 of my backups and they didn't work from the disc channel after doing SoftMii. Now I have to get them back, lol.

It must be decrypted because I have IOS Patcher and have patch the IOS of (Red Steel, Sam & Max, Far Cry,etc etc.).

Xras: As soon as you install the .app with SoftMii Tweak you have to HARD boot the Wii. Then reboot it.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey my patched/decrypted house of the dead 3 still works but thats the only one that loads from the disc channel

demetrie6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AsosaYoung said:
lolorlofl said:
AsosaYoung said:
demetrie6 said:

Good Luck!

It must be decrypted because I have IOS Patcher and have patch the IOS of (Red Steel, Sam & Max, Far Cry,etc etc.).

Xras: As soon as you install the .app with SoftMii Tweak you have to HARD boot the Wii. Then reboot it.
i'm not sure wat it is. it's called backup creator it has a common key with it and you just drag the game iso on to it and it makes a partition of it and thats the one you burn dont know where i found it but it worked for me but now i dont need it thanks to you guys on here

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:

I tried that already.
frown.gif
should preloader install be with or without replace health with BM for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: DO THE MATH!!! lol