Hacking Softmii v0.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the readme, find where your at on the list. Start from there or better yet SoftMii v1.0.0 is coming out soon! Maybe in a few days it will be up to date with all the current tools/installers needed to have region free/from your disc channel/your own (LOL)backup DVD's games playability.

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok so before i go off installing softmii i want to know if it rly is logical to downgrade to 3.2. My main reason for asking this is because some games like mario galaxy came with updates. I suspected that it might have been a graphics driver update or something, correct me if im wrong. idk... anyway considering newer games with better graphics will come out (conduit) will i not be able to play these games beacuase of my system menu version or will i experience poor preformance? Also what exactly does the cIOSCorp do? does it allow backup games to run directly from the disc channel. What is ios16? One last question say my wii becomes bricked, from my understanding you can launch the preloader when the console is turned on or it always appears before you go to the health warning to unbrick it. Is this true? what should i do if my wii is bricked, not semi bricked. Also one last question sry...uh about the health screen warning thing. So inorder to create a healthscreen i need a copy of a systemmenu wad then rename it to 0000042.app. where can i get the system menu wad? ahh im confused sry.....i understand if my questions arent answered.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you need a week in a half of reading, studying, and listening here on GBAtemp and when you feel like you have enough understanding of YOUR Wii, you won't even ask what to do you'll just do.
Like Mike
biggrin.gif

rally1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
asosayoung i also have starfall installed and i have read the readme many times and i cant find were to start as it doesnt say anything about starfall. any help please

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rally1 said:
asosayoung i also have starfall installed and i have read the readme many times and i cant find were to start as it doesnt say anything about starfall. any help please

Second Main paragraph in SoftMii Guide:

VIRGIN SYSTEM = FULL GUIDE
GAMMA/HOMEBREW READY SYSTEM 3.3-3.4 = PHASE 2 ONWARDS
3.2 (IF YOU HAVE ONE OR ALL) STARFALL/cIOSCORP/Riiski 1.0-2.0 = PHASE 3 ONWARDS
What ever is in the () I add that myself.
I believe your at the BOLD part.

Remember this is the next level read, learn, apply.

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
SilverSurfR said:
hellbent1 said:
Want to say Thanx to AsosaYoung and SilvrSurfer, the v289 systemMenu wad installed perfectly, still can't do the anyregion app though, still mismatched.

Many Many thanks, Will keep trying and maybe I will be able to help someone too..
Great Work you two.
Hellbent1

Sounds like you're having the IOS issue i was talking about. HBC working? and you had the 0.9.5 pack right? Try IOS Downgrader. Should get back up to par.
I thought things like that wouldn't work now, because the new IOS' are like fakesign proof... unless... I guess this deletes those and gets the old ones?? Right?

wacko.gif

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rally1 said:
asosayoung many thanks. do i have to disable starfall hacks as softmii has its own hacks

ARC will do all that as will Preloader that your added BRICK protection, you need a working internet connection. If you have one follow this on down!
Very important you do it correctly take your time and read/understand what you see, words don't bite.

13) Select and load AnyRegionChanger M5....it'll say stuff about Korean Disc, IGNORE it.(Thx 2 Twiizers + Qleap)

14) Get into the options (Press A), and IGNORE the top section which has region change stuff and EULA stuff.

15) Look at the mid-bottom options, about installing 3.2 (or 3.3K), and leave it on 3.2E for PAL /3.2U for NTSC

16) Click "Go" and then answer then answer YES when it asks if you are sure.

17) Answer "NO" when it asks about Korean Disc Loading *explained later*

Do Preloader the same way and Cioscorps as well.

Follow these part CAREFULLY!!!!!

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
cold4ire said:
would it be possible to change the health screen on a hard modded wii (wiikey).

If you can run homebrew: YES

From the HBC, run the Preloader installer.
Then, follow the instruction from the pack to install a custom HS.

cold4ire

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thnx, i know i might get flamed for asking, but how can i obtain the system menu wad. to insert custom health screen.

ps. i know the health screens are done using sytem 3.2 wad. if i use the screens on a modded (wiikey) 3.4E would it still work.

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
cold4ire said:
thnx, i know i might get flamed for asking, but how can i obtain the system menu wad. to insert custom health screen.

ps. i know the health screens are done using sytem 3.2 wad. if i use the screens on a modded (wiikey) 3.4E would it still work.

To be honest, if you can't answer these questions yourself, you shouldn't attempt this.
Replacing the systemmenu.wad with 3.2 when you are on 3.4 will brick you I think.

If you really want this:
Downgrade to 3.2
Install PreLoader
Use the .app flasher (from PL) to install a custom HS

I might have missed something, so don't take my word for it.

Ashleyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys / girls,

I have a SILLY problem which I hope you can help me with :-(

I have two Wii's .... One with the Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma on it, and one that was bulk standard... So I decided to install the Softmii hack on the bulk standard Wii.
I'm using Preloader 0.27. Managed to fully install the Softmii hack.
OK... So I turn my system off, I turn it back on, and see the Preloader screen, I choose to RUN THE SYSTEM MENU... Now I can see the normal channel screen, great!!
I insert a backup game (BOOM BLOX) and click on the normal disc channel... and the Wii see's it. COOL!!!
So I click on Start or play or whatever it says... and then NOTHING!!!!!!! Just a BLACK screen. hmmmm, ok, I'll try ANOTHER game.... Exactly the same thing happens. So I try my backup discs in my OTHER Wii with the Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma installed, and it boots up perfectly!!!

For reading a few comments here, I think my problem might be something to do with the 'Force Region', so I decided to try that this morning...... however, I couldn't sync up my Wiimote with my Wii with the Preloader screen ??

Does anyone know how to sync up the Wiimote? I'm obviously pressing both the sync buttons on the console and on the wiimote, but the wiimote just flashes, and doesn't sync up :-(
Any ideas?? Thanks in advance!!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was asked to lock this by the OP. More news will appear when the next version is released.

Peace and all that hippy jazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs