Hacking Softmii v0.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a word of advice please do not try until you understand a least 75% (That mean you know everything up to what is and how to fix a Semi Brick).

randysteele992 Your Wii is NTSC right. If that is the case you need to have the 42. It's the original Health Screen 45.app that's for Pal Wii's only.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
crisdo98 said:
QUOTE(digitydogs @ Jan 29 2009, 07:32 PM) *
QUOTE(razor101 @ Jan 29 2009, 01:30 PM) *
QUOTE(wiiv1.5owners3 @ Jan 29 2009, 06:42 PM) *
cant get preloader to install tryed the code at bottom of readme an help please?

BUMP this post please. Got the same issue. Got to the point of the manual, where I have to install Preloader - pressed the 'code' on the wiimote, but it is still stuck at the 'PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY' screen.
wacko.gif

Or you can both try reading the thread its stated several times that it make take 2 or 3 tries for the code to take and it is
Minus A Right 1 Up B Right Up 2 2 A

Thanks for the answer. I've tried searching this thread, wiinewz and google a few times - since 50 pages will take a day to follow strickly up on.
Having the exact same problem on here.. Gay replys ^^ don't help anybody. There are a number of people this 'code' doesn't work for. I've tried it 10 times in a row just to be sure, am using wiimote 1, etc, etc.

Would appreciate help rather then critics saying .. 'You dumb f***ers!'

you are calling 'You dumb f***ers' to the guys that build what you are trying to use???
in my head your the dumb f***er

houseonfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AsosaYoung said:
Just a word of advice please do not try until you understand a least 75% (That mean you know everything up to what is and how to fix a Semi Brick).
I'm pretty sure I know what a semi brick is.
I followed instructions saying to use the tweak installer to reinstall 42.app. But it does nothing for me.
When I boot up, my screen is just black. What do I need to do to get softmii to work correctly?
Install Starfall? Iv seen posts saying to use ARC instead. Yet I can not find a download link for this "ARC".

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
houseonfire said:
AsosaYoung said:
I followed instructions saying to use the tweak installer to reinstall 42.app. But it does nothing for me.
When I boot up, my screen is just black. What do I need to do to get softmii to work correctly?
Install Starfall? Iv seen posts saying to use ARC instead. Yet I can not find a download link for this "ARC".
Its included in the softmii package

sylvio2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@kimikal27

In the software package 0.95 is preloader 0.25. The code for this version is 1 - R - A - 1 - D (down) - U (up). But I have downloaded 0.26 and overwrite it with 0.25 (it is the same file name). Then everything was fine. And your code works.

houseonfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
houseonfire said:
AsosaYoung said:
Is ARC short for Any Region Changer?

crisdo98

Trophies
XP
Country
kimikal27 said:
crisdo98 said:
QUOTE(digitydogs @ Jan 29 2009, 07:32 PM) *
QUOTE(razor101 @ Jan 29 2009, 01:30 PM) *
QUOTE(wiiv1.5owners3 @ Jan 29 2009, 06:42 PM) *
cant get preloader to install tryed the code at bottom of readme an help please?

BUMP this post please. Got the same issue. Got to the point of the manual, where I have to install Preloader - pressed the 'code' on the wiimote, but it is still stuck at the 'PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY' screen.
wacko.gif

Or you can both try reading the thread its stated several times that it make take 2 or 3 tries for the code to take and it is
Minus A Right 1 Up B Right Up 2 2 A

Thanks for the answer. I've tried searching this thread, wiinewz and google a few times - since 50 pages will take a day to follow strickly up on.
Having the exact same problem on here.. Gay replys ^^ don't help anybody. There are a number of people this 'code' doesn't work for. I've tried it 10 times in a row just to be sure, am using wiimote 1, etc, etc.

Would appreciate help rather then critics saying .. 'You dumb f***ers!'

you are calling 'You dumb f***ers' to the guys that build what you are trying to use???
in my head your the dumb f***er

I think if you read correctly I was saying that the 'creator' was basically saying that to people like me that were clearly having problems with the code....

And thanks for the reply above... i've tried with both .25 and .26... will search for .27.. thanks
wink.gif

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
houseonfire said:
HaniKazmi said:
houseonfire said:
AsosaYoung said:
Yes

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sylvio2000 said:
@kimikal27

In the software package 0.95 is preloader 0.25. The code for this version is 1 - R - A - 1 - D (down) - U (up). But I have downloaded 0.26 and overwrite it with 0.25 (it is the same file name). Then everything was fine. And your code works.
i never sayd otherwize

houseonfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
houseonfire said:
HaniKazmi said:
houseonfire said:
AsosaYoung said:
Yes
Thank you very much for helping me out.

richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. My install went great. I have even changed the health screen from pirate to matrix mario with no issues.

I installed preloader 25 during the softmii install.

I'm going to use the hack remover and then try to manually install 27. My issue is that i put the preloaderv0.27-cred.dol in a folder in the apps section of my SD and it doesn't come up in the HBC. Do I have to rename it boot.dol or something?

ALSO - Can I remove most of the softmii stuff from my SD card? What should I leave on there?

I AM NTSC - do i need 00000045.APP on the root of my SD or can I get rid of it?

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
richglix said:
Hi everyone. My install went great. I have even changed the health screen from pirate to matrix mario with no issues.

I'm going to use the hack remover and then try to manually install 27. My issue is that i put the preloaderv0.27-cred.dol in a folder in the apps section of my SD and it doesn't come up in the HBC. Do I have to rename it boot.dol or something?

ALSO - Can I remove most of the softmii stuff from my SD card? What should I leave on there?
rename it boot.dol. You can remove whatever you want, but back it up on your pc.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People in preload you have to enable the Health Menu Hack. Run SoftMii Tweak, Choose correct .app, as soon as it finish in stalling (while still on the softmii tweak menu) HARD boot the Wii off, Then back on again.

boobi_shabang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
richglix said:

Hold fire on installing PL0.27 manually, the codes not available to run the install yet, the other option is to install 0.26 and upgrade to the newer version using the built in upgrade option

randysteele992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look i REALLY need help with this please,whever i load my wii up the screen is white but i can hear all the sounds and i can still mess with the controls,I can get to the hbc through preloader but i dont know what to do,i just want to fix this. PLEASE HELP!

richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boobi_shabang said:
richglix said:

Hold fire on installing PL0.27 manually, the codes not available to run the install yet, the other option is to install 0.26 and upgrade to the newer version using the built in upgrade option

Of course, it will update automatically, thanks!!

Last question, I have a file named IOS36-64-v1042.wad. Do I need it? I think its corrupt.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
randysteele992 said:
Look i REALLY need help with this please,whever i load my wii up the screen is white but i can hear all the sounds and i can still mess with the controls,I can get to the hbc through preloader but i dont know what to do,i just want to fix this. PLEASE HELP!

Look for digtydogs post on here he has NTSC screen. Place one on the sd root. Thur preloader run the HBC. Run SoftMii Tweak install .app when it return to app list Hard boot Wii off. Then on.

richglix 45 is for Pal Wii's you don't need it.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
richglix said:
boobi_shabang said:
richglix said:

Of course, it will update automatically, thanks!!

Last question, I have a file named IOS36-64-v1042.wad. Do I need it? I think its corrupt.

no, you dont need it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PYUKEiLGHpQ?si=UosLAHElVkjIKfxN