slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
THIS IS A SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, MOTHERFUCKER!:

I wanted LaGuerta dead, but I didn't imagine it would be like this!

FUCK!
Make room for Deb! THE NEW DEXTER! Except she kills good guys. Cunt.
I loved her performance, though.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS IS A SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, MOTHERFUCKER!:

I wanted LaGuerta dead, but I didn't imagine it would be like this!

FUCK!
Make room for Deb! THE NEW DEXTER! Except she kills good guys. Cunt.
I loved her performance, though.
I have never loved her performance. She's like the anti-badass. Jennifer Carpenter has been my single complaint about the series from episode one. Her acting is just not fun at all to watch. What's funny is that in the books Deb is a built, busty blond and a legitimate badass. JC just seems like she's trying way too hard... Like it's far from effortless to say and do the things she does.

Same with Lauren Velez as LaGuerta... I enjoyed her on Oz but on Dexter she has just never seemed like she fit...

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have never loved her performance. She's like the anti-badass. Jennifer Carpenter has been my single complaint about the series from episode one. Her acting is just not fun at all to watch. What's funny is that in the books Deb is a built, busty blond and a legitimate badass. JC just seems like she's trying way too hard... Like it's far from effortless to say and do the things she does.

Same with Lauren Velez as LaGuerta... I enjoyed her on Oz but on Dexter she has just never seemed like she fit...

Spoilers!

I never read the books and I don't like Deb that much. But you gotta admit, after she shot LeGueartsderta her reaction was so real. I loved it.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it wasn't/
That was Deb killing a completely innocent person she might have had some weird love for.
k, so now she's an incestuous lesbian. Based on the way she portrayed her character up to that point, it would have made more sense for her to drop to her knees right where she was standing and get hysterical while Dexter awkwardly tried to comfort her with her pushing away rather than pull the trigger and then run up and hug the dead body... It was completely out of character. And as was pointed out before, retarded. Honestly, it would have been more "in character" for her to back out of the container, close the door, and drop to her ass with her back to the door doing her hysterical bit...

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
>watching the last episode
>till the point before Deb killed La Guerta
>cannot contained the suspense
>Deb kills La Guerta
>Well. Then. :/

But seriously that shit was pretty fucked up...

Deb just seems to be get dirtier and dirtier just because of Dexter. Although i really wished it hadn't went this way, i believe Dexter thinks the same thing, he never intended for Deb to dirty her hands...

I'm guessing the next season is the last?

Can't wait to see how all this plays out...with angel retiring and La Guerta dead. I can't seem to imagine anyone else in the department who'll actually figure out the bay-harbor butcher case and solve it. Legally.

Sly 3 4 me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my friend and I started watching this series today. We only watched one episode. He and I had a few different viewpoints on it, but both of us kind of agreed on the annoyance of the show kind of being all over. There were transitions in the show that seemed to come from no where (Perhaps it was in place of a commercial.. Although I don't think these series have commercials as they are premium channel series?). He said the acting was not very good and I kind of agreed on that. The lines were kind of cheesy and the swearing was unwarranted at many different points of the show. We counted 5 F bombs in a matter of 50 seconds.

Anyways, I'm wondering if you think we should consider to continue watching or have any insight on how I can introduce a factor of the show to him that will help him to find it more interesting? I enjoy shows with psychological aspects and craziness like this, but it is sort of meh for me so far. It seemed father forceful to me in the introduction of people/and or plot structure. I enjoy shows such as Breaking Bad and Walking Dead from AMC, and I figured this show would have some nice points of interest that aligned with them.

Does anyone think these contrived scenes are present in the show the same way as we do? I'm wondering if the show picks up differently with avoidance of people finding out, sort of like Breaking Bad, or if it's just rinse and repeat with the murder and thought process? Thanks if anyone is able to provide any input or counter-input for reasoning I've mentioned, or awesomeness that ensues within the show. (Please no spoilers if responding directly to me with quoting, unless in a spoiler tag(I don't think that would make sense?)).

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
So my friend and I started watching this series today. We only watched one episode. He and I had a few different viewpoints on it, but both of us kind of agreed on the annoyance of the show kind of being all over. There were transitions in the show that seemed to come from no where (Perhaps it was in place of a commercial.. Although I don't think these series have commercials as they are premium channel series?). He said the acting was not very good and I kind of agreed on that. The lines were kind of cheesy and the swearing was unwarranted at many different points of the show. We counted 5 F bombs in a matter of 50 seconds.

Anyways, I'm wondering if you think we should consider to continue watching or have any insight on how I can introduce a factor of the show to him that will help him to find it more interesting? I enjoy shows with psychological aspects and craziness like this, but it is sort of meh for me so far. It seemed father forceful to me in the introduction of people/and or plot structure. I enjoy shows such as Breaking Bad and Walking Dead from AMC, and I figured this show would have some nice points of interest that aligned with them.

Does anyone think these contrived scenes are present in the show the same way as we do? I'm wondering if the show picks up differently with avoidance of people finding out, sort of like Breaking Bad, or if it's just rinse and repeat with the murder and thought process? Thanks if anyone is able to provide any input or counter-input for reasoning I've mentioned, or awesomeness that ensues within the show. (Please no spoilers if responding directly to me with quoting, unless in a spoiler tag(I don't think that would make sense?)).

Honestly I'd just suggest watching season 1 and then judging whether or not you want to continue on with the series. Season 1 is one of the best seasons of the show but Seasons 3, 5 and 6 aren't really all that great. Seasons 3 and 5 are still pretty necessary to watch if you're willing to continue on with the series but you can read the plot synopsis and watch the final episode of season 6 if you really don't feel like putting up with any more bad seasons of Dexter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1