So, Dexter Season 7 has arrived.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but not again. How many times can a guy fall in love? He sounds like a born-again-Christian now.

Considering his, um, "unique circumstances", I'd say a lot.

Rita was killed, Lila was a psycho, Lumen left. Dexter doesn't seem like one of those droopy types too. He gets back on that horse pretty quick.

Reactions: SinHarvest24

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dexter thinks he's finally found someone like him...but he hasn't. He'll obviously have to choose between Hannah and Deb, though Ray Stevenson could definitely throw a wrench in there somewhere... Can't wait for 9pm.

Engert

I love me
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
What a nice surprise last night. Just when I thought everything was getting boring (you know love and all) Michael C. Hall threw a wrench in my face and I liked it.
I liked it because it touched on subjects that make most people cringe.

Namely incest and butt-fucking.
I didn’t know what these concepts meant so I went to the Google God and asked him what incest meant. I got these results from a legitimate unknown site.

If your family tree doesn’t fork,
You might be a redneck

If you have been married three times and you have the same in-laws,
You might be a redneck

If you go to your family reunion looking for a date,
You might be a redneck

If you couldn’t learn to swim because your gene pool was too small,
You might be a redneck.

…and when I Googled butt-fucking a picture of PTown, Massachusetts came up.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually really did enjoy the last episode, despite bringing up what we hoped was the dead-and-buried incest story arc.

I did enjoy Isaac's story, in the end you do feel bad for him and you see him as not that different from Dexter. Yeah, he's a shitty criminal mob boss, but he's still a person. He just lost everything. His love, his work, his reputation. Like you feel sad for him as he goes on this downward spiral.

But of course, my groanment goes to the incest arc coming back. It was dumb last season and it's dumb this season.

I liked how it was shot and edited in the episode's end though, just thought it was nice and the music was a good choice.

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dexter still has two more seasons before ending. So dying may happen much later.

For a moment I thought Hannah was going to be cut short from this season.

Totally forgot about Lilah. Had to google her again to refresh the memory. Probably because I found her annoying and how she was dealt with was so swift. I find it much more funny that the actor who played Rita, wanted to leave the show for the superhero family show that was axed afterwards. Shame, it was getting interesting.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI the next season of Dexter is the last.

Also I really liked Isaac and I actually found his death to be compelling. He was a really well made antagonist. He's a bad guy, surely, but you feel for him. He shows a lot of parallels to Dexter and despite being completely against each other, they put aside their crimes against each other for their common feelings in the end. Isaac feels like an honorable man and he, in the end, really does care for Dexter oddly.

Really well done, I have to say. One of the better antagonists on TV in recent memory.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI the next season of Dexter is the last.

Also I really liked Isaac and I actually found his death to be compelling. He was a really well made antagonist. He's a bad guy, surely, but you feel for him. He shows a lot of parallels to Dexter and despite being completely against each other, they put aside their crimes against each other for their common feelings in the end. Isaac feels like an honorable man and he, in the end, really does care for Dexter oddly.

Really well done, I have to say. One of the better antagonists on TV in recent memory.

This actually has me worried. Isaac was probably the most compelling part of the season - here was an extremely interesting villain who was more than capable of matching wits with Dexter. He posed a serious, legitimate threat... and now he's gone, 3 episodes before the end.

That leaves us with Hannah and the new "Mystery Arsonist" plot they're building up (gee, I wonder if the wormy cop with an obvious secret is involved)... neither of which quite compare. We have LaGuerta's plotline, I guess, but... eh, LaGuerta...

I don't know. I've been really digging the season so far, but I'm afraid that without Isaac to keep things going, all that momentum is going to stall.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This actually has me worried. Isaac was probably the most compelling part of the season - here was an extremely interesting villain who was more than capable of matching wits with Dexter. He posed a serious, legitimate threat... and now he's gone, 3 episodes before the end.

That leaves us with Hannah and the new "Mystery Arsonist" plot they're building up (gee, I wonder if the wormy cop with an obvious secret is involved)... neither of which quite compare. We have LaGuerta's plotline, I guess, but... eh, LaGuerta...

I don't know. I've been really digging the season so far, but I'm afraid that without Isaac to keep things going, all that momentum is going to stall.

3 episodes? Really? I thought they were like halfway through. I don't really keep track though.

It does feel a little half assed for three episodes left. It didn't seem like they were building anything. That's fine early on I guess but for three episodes left, there's not much.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it much more funny that the actor who played Rita, wanted to leave the show for the superhero family show that was axed afterwards. Shame, it was getting interesting.

Rita was written off the show, the actress didn't choose to leave. She spoke numerous times about her disappointment with being killed off and didn't sign on for Ordinary Family until nearly a year later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.