So, Dexter Season 7 has arrived.

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just watched the episode. Oh my... It's getting even better but only two episodes left which makes me unhappy.

I'm sadden that Jim Beaver had to play a gambling addict who was such a prick D: Nooo not my Bobby Singer!

Engert

I love me
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I think Dexter dies in the end.
Everybody dies in the end.
Dexter dies.
Deb dies.
Laguerta and Tom die.
Hannah dies.
Everybody dies.
In season 8 we see Dexter's son picking the same habits of his father. But later he discovers that his grandfather (harry) had got his hands on a secret military program developed by the DOD which turns people into stone cold killers by modifying their genes.
Harris Jr kills his way through the Pentagon on Season 9 and is face to face with the 'architect'

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did find the Phantom arc to be oddly a bit anticlimactic. I guess it's better than shoehorning some sort of serial killer rivalry in there but they're like "THIS HORRIBLE SERIAL KILLER IS ON THE LOOSE!" and he's literally done with next episode.

I'm guessing the season's big conclusion will involve Laguerta's investigation thing. And Deb getting Hannah or something.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
I liked this episode but everything didn't play out like I expected. I knew that Hannah's dad would be murdered somehow but I must admit I did think that LaGuerta would witness Dexter killing someone causing her to chase after him more than she is now.

At least the show isn't as predictable as it was a season or two ago.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I see this thread's title in the "Recent Threads" list, I keep getting my hopes up because I keep thinking that the thread is about Dexter's Laboratory. :(

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did find the Phantom arc to be oddly a bit anticlimactic. I guess it's better than shoehorning some sort of serial killer rivalry in there but they're like "THIS HORRIBLE SERIAL KILLER IS ON THE LOOSE!" and he's literally done with next episode.

The Phantom arc was merely a device to show that Dexter has come to the realization that he is fully in control and can choose who and why to kill.

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Laguerta is seriously annoying. Never liked her character from the beginning.

It's so hard to tell if Hannah actually spiked Debra's water. My thinking is that Hannah couldn't do it because she loves Dexter (sounds lame and funny). Debra would do anything and everything to protect Dexter. Then there's the whole possibility Hannah getting ratted out by her former roommate. So hard to tell lol

So sad how its the last episode next week. What is there left to watch or start watching in this Christmas break?

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laguerta is seriously annoying. Never liked her character from the beginning.

It's so hard to tell if Hannah actually spiked Debra's water. My thinking is that Hannah couldn't do it because she loves Dexter (sounds lame and funny). Debra would do anything and everything to protect Dexter. Then there's the whole possibility Hannah getting ratted out by her former roommate. So hard to tell lol

So sad how its the last episode next week. What is there left to watch or start watching in this Christmas break?

With Deb's drink showing results of the anxiety medication. It could be 1 of 2 things: Either Hannah really did spike the drink which has supporting evidence like the fact of the strand of Hannah's hair. (Though not confirmed, I'm pretty sure it was implied that it was hers) or Deb spiked her own drink and planted evidence (Again, the hair strand) to convince Dexter that Hannah needed to be stopped. Both of which are equally likely because Debra knows that Dexter conducts investigations and that would be why she planted the evidence.

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
With Deb's drink showing results of the anxiety medication. It could be 1 of 2 things: Either Hannah really did spike the drink which has supporting evidence like the fact of the strand of Hannah's hair. (Though not confirmed, I'm pretty sure it was implied that it was hers) or Deb spiked her own drink and planted evidence (Again, the hair strand) to convince Dexter that Hannah needed to be stopped. Both of which are equally likely because Debra knows that Dexter conducts investigations and that would be why she planted the evidence.

oh you're still alive?! Thought you disappeared after I sent you that rumour. Looks like its not living up to it huh? haha

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deb set Hannah up. LaGuerta will die and I think it'll keep Angel from retiring. I wouldn't be surprised if the preview scene for next week showing Dexter in cuffs being brought in by LaGuerta is a dream. Wouldn't be the first time they've done it...

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
I think Deb spiked her own drink and planted the evidence. Hannah seems smart to me which means she probably wouldn't be caught doing things like killing the sister of the man she loves. And if anyone claims she didn't love dexter just watch the final scene a few times and let it sink in.

Quinn's little storyline he had going seems to be extremely pointless right now. It seems like everything he did for Nadia(I think that's her name) led to nothing as she left home a note and simply fled Miami. Unless maybe he goes to Vegas next episode and finds his girlfriend dead I really don't see what the point of his side story was, other than to just fill up the rest of an episode.

Now we just have to see how everything plays out next episode.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did find this episode rather filled with plot holes. Mainly two big ones?

Why would Dexter turn Hannah into the police when she knows so much about his serial killing?

Why would Dexter go for a kill when Laguerta was so close to finding out who he was? Wouldn't he assume that she's dedicated to proving Doakes innocent and continue to pursue him?

Obviously I feel like these are both setting up the season finale but they seem kinda badly done. Especially the Hannah thing. She knows that Dexter is a killer and, especially with Laguerta so close, this could be what she needed to really pursue him.

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well its a tough situation for Dexter. It was a big risk and something he didn't want to do. Hannah wouldn't turn him in because of love lol Dexter did it to protect Debra. I think he still does it for the sake of Harry.

I wouldn't think its a plot hole at all. It's like when Brother Sam was alive, Dexter let the idea of trying to turn things around get the better of him and he started to deviate from the code. He just made poor decisions, thinking it was the better for himself. Same now with Hannah, thinking he'll grow old when this thought never occurred to him. So Dexter's really out of place.

I assume he just had so much on his mind with his sister and Hannah, Laguerta on his ass and trying to maintain his dark passenger, he just didn't put two and two together to realise his victim was bait til the last minute.

I just want Laguerta to die already lol her side stories back then, sucked as bad as Quinns right now.

Engert

I love me
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I did find this episode rather filled with plot holes. Mainly two big ones?

Why would Dexter turn Hannah into the police when she knows so much about his serial killing?

Why would Dexter go for a kill when Laguerta was so close to finding out who he was? Wouldn't he assume that she's dedicated to proving Doakes innocent and continue to pursue him?

Obviously I feel like these are both setting up the season finale but they seem kinda badly done. Especially the Hannah thing. She knows that Dexter is a killer and, especially with Laguerta so close, this could be what she needed to really pursue him.

Exactly.

But Michael C. Hall has sort of confirmed that the show will come to an end on season 8 maybe so they're kind of wraping things up in a messy way.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This season started off really strong, but I think all of that original momentum is gone now. It just seems to be sputtering out now, which is a real shame, honestly.

Also, I thought I'd share this (all credit to The T-Dog):
HARRISON WATCH: What a treat for Harrison watchers tonight! First, we get a freaky flash-forward, where a balding Dexter looks fondly over yonder at the tall stranger that's grown up near him, who finally utters his first two words, "Bye Dad!" Harrison has evidently outgrown his plot device, Jamie, at this accelerated age.

Next, we dive into the present, where Dexter and Deb stand around in the mall and discuss Dexter being the Bay Harbor Butcher while Jamie the Super-Nanny fluffs Harrison in preparation for a photoshoot with Santa and his biological family. Once the toddler is grinning enough, Deb and Dexter quickly swoop in, and a picture is taken before the kid freaks out because Jamie--his only source of close human contact--has been switched with a pair of total strangers... his Dad and his Aunt. Harrison, of course, is taciturn, choosing to let out not a single word.

Finally, Christmas at Dexter's! Sure, Aunt Deb is in the hospital, but why let that spoil an awesome dinner? Hey Jamie, can you stay? Of course she can, she LIVES THERE, right? And she's practically family... hell, she IS Harrison's mom, isn't she? Isn't it about time for Jamie to invite Dexter over to her and Harrison's side of the apartment for Christmas dinner, if he can make it?

Jamie delivers an awesome throwaway line about how she's become a vegetarian offscreen, a pretty exciting development there. Still no word how the disseration she was working on offscreen last season went.

NON-HARRISON UPDATES: 2nd week in a row without "Detective Angie Miller," aka Mystery Black Lady Detective. It's hard to believe her part's already played out... could she be Doakes's sister or something?

Oh, several people thought we were done with The Fox Hole last week, but this week, we got to see Quinn run right by the "Under No Management" sign, charge in and ask where Nadja was, after he told her to grab her passport, and a bunch of money and get the hell out of there last week. Quinn is surprised that she did just that, but fortunately he asked the first stripper he saw in the club, and fortunately she just happened to be the one who had her note and memorized all of it in case Quinn would burst in and interrupt her lapdance.

Matthews tells Dexter that LaGuardia thinks it's suspicious that one of the dudes that killed Dexter's mom was renting the cabin that Doakes dies in. Dexter immediately decides that it would be slick to try to kill one of the other dudes who killed his mom.

Wow, the white-trash chick who just discovered smoking was a little overwrought, wasn't she?

Angel finds running a restaurant in between being a cop, visiting Deb in the hospital, and chasing down leads about overwrought chainsmokers to be very relaxing. Ooo... will he and LaGuardia get back together? Boy, THAT was some exciting TV back in Season 4... Retiring on the 1st, are we, Batista? Guess the coroner should be standing by on New Years Eve.

Speaking of LaGuardia, YOU'LL GET WHAT YOU DESERVE, MATTHEWS! Was that subtle enough? Probably, Dexter giving him a bottle and acting incredibly relieved that they were dropping the investigation didn't even phase Matthews.

So, Deb totally KNOWS that Doakes wasn't the BHB, and totally doesn't care that an innocent man was a) set up for murder, and b) totally, like, killed.

Masouka's Spock ears... wow.

EDIT: No updates on Grandpa's kidney stones from 3 episodes back. Seemed like a big deal at the time.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I was 75% right.

Based on Sunday's episode, I'm now positive that Dexter is going to end up killing Hannah in order to save Deb from her...

I'm also fairly certain that Deb will end up killing LaGuerta to protect Dexter, but not before LaGuerta discovers that Dexter is the Bay Harbor Butcher...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The show has been falling quite badly into plot holes. Just a few from the season finale. There are spoilers but if you're reading this thread, you should know that already.

How would killing Laguerta solve the investigation against Dexter? Wouldn't someone just find the warrants she got and pursue them? What motive would anyone find in Laguerta killing Estrada? Didn't Deb just fuck everything up by shooting Laguerta? Why didn't she just let Dexter handle it? Now it's the wrong caliber bullet, wrong trajectory, etc. I'm no CSI expert but wouldn't Estrada's time of death and blood loss before death be inconsistent with being shot after his death?

Why didn't Laguerta call for back up when she went to Estrada? Why would Laguerta assume that it's not a trap when Dexter is obviously setting one up? Why is Laguerta so fucking stupid?

What was the point of having Angel's sister hitting on Joey or whatever his name is? Why do we care about him or that story arc? Why are the bringing up other characters when they've made it a point to make every character irrelevant that isn't Dexter, Deb, and (currently) Hannah?

Why didn't Estrada call the cops immediately after escaping Dexter? He knows that Dexter was acting alone and there was no evidence tying him to trying to do illegal activities. Why not just call, get a sweet bargain on Dexter, and not be hunted by a killer? Why weren't the police on the hunt for him when he's obviously avoiding his parole officer and the subject of an investigation?

Why was Laguerta so fucking stupid to arrest Dexter with off-the-books, circumstantial evidence and without any hard proof like a body or actual fucking evidence?

I did like the early half of the season (basically up to when Isaac died) but it started running out of steam after that. Fortunately the next season is the last so if it really fucking sucks I won't have to deal with it anymore.

EDIT: More notes...

Why did Harrison care about Hannah? Why did he want to see Hannah? You only see him see her once. Why didn't he care so much about his actual biological mother? What about Lumen? He met Lumen, right?

Why does no one care or talk to Dexter about Hannah going in jail for murder? Why does no one find it suspicious or care that Dexter was seeing a convicted murderer?

Even if Laguerta does go to arrest Dexter, why does she show up without a fucking SWAT team? He's only, I dunno, The Bay Harbor Butcher, the most successful serial killer in fucking history. Who was so good that he's killed a bagillion people and was able to frame someone else for his crimes and still fucking murder people. They send an entire SWAT team after DDK, an entire team after the Ice Truck Killer, the Skinner, all this shit, but I'm sure the moron Laguerta and two cops will be fine for the guy who has a kill count that's higher than fucking all of them combined. Not only that, Laguerta knows Dexter is on to her, you'd think she'd think he's prepared for something like this to be possible.

What the fuck is Dexter doing with Harrison? On the whole "HARRISON WATCH" thing, he's literally completely useless and there's like two scenes with him. Hell he's so detached that Angel's sister takes him to the party. Like I thought when he was born they emphasized the strain of having a family and serial killing. Now Dexter's like "eh whatever".

Why is it that the entire climax of the season was only like relevant in the last three or four episodes? Why is everything else useless? Like it feels like they stripped away most of the season and just started inflating those little side arcs until they made it into a season finale.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
I'm not quite sure what the season finale was trying to imply. Is Deb a killer now? Will she become a killer? It made no sense for her to shoot LaGuerta when she was on the ground with absolutely nothing. Wouldn't it have been more of an impact on the viewers if Deb had to watch Dexter stab the fuck out of LaGuerta right in front of his sisters eyes?

Now all I can think about is if Dexter will be the one to kill Hannah or if Deborah will. Everything else, like all the side-stories, seemed of little importance for me to care whether or not they would be carried over into next season.

On a side note when did Batista actually say he was 100% going to retire. I know we got glimpses of him saying that he felt like he needed to retire and what not but did we ever actually see him hand in the paper work etc.? If so then I must have missed it because it seemed extremely subtle to me that he was throwing a party and the reason was to celebrate his retirement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @hazbeans, welcome