Homebrew Snes9xGX Mod [Preview + WiiUPro + ScreenShot button]

Zopenko

Link He come to town Come to save the Princess Z
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It may have to do with the removal of the music and sound effects, to my knowledge, the menu uses 48 kHz while the games/emulator uses 32 kHz, I don't know why it would have an impact, but something with the sound and how it was compiled has to do with the sound. The previous build from Askot didn't have this problem, however it never goes away with this. I hate to report this bug, because it feels like I'm nitpicking and showing ingratitude, that's not my intent, I just hope it can be looked into. But I know it's related to the audio.

So nothing can be done and looked into? I have no way of capturing the audio directly, I can only simulate the difference with audio frequencies and the tinny audio glitch.

The change here "Removed sound from GUI to get better performance/FPS on games like Yoshi's Island and Kirby Dream Land 3 (@Askot )" I believe is the culprit, because I definitely notice the tinny audio. I need
more people to test this, the Konami sound is way off and should sound clear, not raspy *sigh*

I'm sorry for bringing it up, I never should have. :(

My tests were in vain.

I could do a quick recompile to remove the no sound flag to test before doing anything else

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
regarding the settings save file problem

did anybody test askot's 4.3.5 version mod a few pages down?
did that version properly saved the settings?
I'm seeing some additional saving and loading code, when adding the wiiflow plugin fix

testing between version 4.3.4 vs 4.3.6 (again 436 is build upon the 435)
i can read the settings from 434 in 436,
however i cannot read (or it goes back to defaults) when i first boot up 436 and then open 434

i may look in to only reading the settings file from he app directory (which it already does)
and ignore (disable) the reading of any other settings files from generic folders

Last edited by Zopenko,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm seeing some additional saving and loading code, when adding the wiiflow plugin fix

however i cannot read (or it goes back to defaults) when i first boot up 436 and then open 434

i may look in to only reading the settings file from he app directory (which it already does)
and ignore (disable) the reading of any other settings files from generic folders

So absolutely no word on the audio issues that I reported, or was that too in vain? They're definitely there and don't go away like they did in 4.3.4. I really can't use the emulator as it's very noticeable to me. There has to be a solution...

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

I have used every version before, including Askot's mods, there wasn't a problem before. I only replaced that version (that did not include GUI sounds) with yours, which works fine, beside that little inconvenience.

The thing is, if you don't use "fceugx" as folder name, you lose the ability to use channel forwarder, for example. I do use 'fceugx' for 3.3.5, and 'fceugx-u' for your mod, but your version always uses the settings.xml in 'fceugx' (only if this folder exists, mind you), even if it's own settings.xml is present in 'fecugx-u'.

The cool benefit from reading the settings from its own app folder, i think, would be the use of multiple releases without settings conflicts/problems. This was a suggestion that was made before in your FCEUGX mod, Zopenko.

So absolutely no word on the audio issues that I reported, or was that too in vain? They're definitely there and don't go away like they did in 4.3.4. I really can't use the emulator as it's very noticeable to me. There has to be a solution...
I would suggest to not come off as rude and impatient, which might throw off the current collaborators of the project. The best solution would be too keep using the version that worked for you, until someone decides to investigate the supposed bug.

Last edited by niuus,

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have used every version before, including Askot's mods, there wasn't a problem before. I only replaced that version (that did not include GUI sounds) with yours, which works fine, beside that little inconvenience.

The cool benefit from reading the settings from its own app folder, i think, would be the use of multiple releases without settings conflicts/problems. This was a suggestion that was made before in your FCEUGX mod, Zopenko.

I would suggest to not come off as rude and impatient, which might throw off the current collaborators of the project. The best solution would be too keep using the version that worked for you, until someone decides to investigate the supposed bug.

Thank you niuus

I did remember the suggestions sindrik mentioned.

Since i was looking at the save call funtions, I saw that it could be a possibility

Also looking at the front page i did not publish the 435 version, so i think i will do that and look at the unique folder settings save option

Randomizer

I did compile a Sound ON version, however since the save settings was still corrupted i did not publish any beta

Last edited by Zopenko,
Reactions: iamatmylimit

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you niuus

I did remember the suggestions sindrik mentioned.

Since i was looking at the save call funtions, I saw that it could be a possibility

Also looking at the front page i did not publish the 435 version, so i think i will do that and look at the unique folder settings save option

Randomizer

I did compile a Sound ON version, however since the save settings was still corrupted i did not publish any beta

So what happens now? I don't see why or how disabling sound would affect this, will there be an option to toggle sound on and off? *sigh* I still feel I shouldn't have reported the issue.

Not trying to come off as that, I just wish others would notice the glitch as well, as it's hard to explain.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Updated furst post with 435 version, report back if any issues are detected.
I will add the 436 features one on one to isolate the save settings bug

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Weird, why was that removed? It was a useful feature, specially for RPG games and others like SMWorld 2 where you can't skip the intro. Will it be optional via menu?

I agree, (i've grown a costumed to skipping intro's and the like with it)

there are no notes or comments as to why askot disabled it,
Hopefully he will chime in

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, (i've grown a costumed to skipping intro's and the like with it)

there are no notes or comments as to why askot disabled it,
Hopefully he will chime in

If we tag him @Askot he should be able to give us some insight on why it's happening. Will test out 435 though.

Edit 3: All is well with the build, works great :P

Last edited by the_randomizer,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Edit: Why does 435's change log say "February 2016"? Shouldn't it "September"?
4.3.5 is seven months old and came out in February. Zopenko clearly stated that he just didn't posted it before in the OP.

[4.3.5 - February 6, 2016]

* Added Fix94 wiiflow plugin mode (thanks to Askot)
* Removed sound from GUI, for better perfomance/FPS on games like Yoshi's Island and Kirby's Dream Land 3 (thanks to Askot)
* SuperFX overclock in Video Options, for a bit of speed in some games (thanks to Askot)
* Show Framerate option in Video Settings for FPS info (thanks to Askot)

4.3.6 Beta is barely some days old.

[4.3.6 - September 1, 2016]

* Added the delete save file (SRAM / Snapshot) option
* Changed the box colors for the SRAM and Snapshots files to match the color scheme of the emu GUI
* Change the "Power off Wii" exit option to completely turn off the wii, ignoring the WC24 settings
* Updated credits

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.3.5 is seven months old and came out in February. Zopenko clearly stated that he just didn't posted it before in the OP.

[4.3.5 - February 6, 2016]

* Added Fix94 wiiflow plugin mode (thanks to Askot)
* Removed sound from GUI, for better perfomance/FPS on games like Yoshi's Island and Kirby's Dream Land 3 (thanks to Askot)
* SuperFX overclock in Video Options, for a bit of speed in some games (thanks to Askot)
* Show Framerate option in Video Settings for FPS info (thanks to Askot)

4.3.6 Beta is barely some days old.

[4.3.6 - September 1, 2016]

* Added the delete save file (SRAM / Snapshot) option
* Changed the box colors for the SRAM and Snapshots files to match the color scheme of the emu GUI
* Change the "Power off Wii" exit option to completely turn off the wii, ignoring the WC24 settings
* Updated credits

Ah okay, I was just confused since I didn't see 436 in the OP itself, thanks for clearing that up :P

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ah okay, I was just confused since I didn't see 436 in the OP itself, thanks for clearing that up :P
It is a beta, that's why. After proper testing, he posts the final release.

This tweak (made by Brunnis from libretro forums) reduce one frame of input lag for snes9x for retroarch and I'm sure it can be implemented to snes9x GX
https://github.com/libretro/snes9x-next/commit/f8e646d72717dbaca8f45384f545a51ff12f3467
Will this be implemented in the future? Doesn't seem to hurt.

Keep rocking, Zopenko.

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi so here's the betas for 436 in order to find the settings save file errors

beta 1 - Updated credits window and Enabled Turbo Mode on right stick
beta 2 - Updated the Power Off exit options and Disabled the Screenshot "Succesful Save" message
beta 3 - Added the delete save file option and Changed the box colors

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Niuus

After the 436 betas testing is complete i will add the artwork folder option an then look into the one frame of input lag code

Last edited by Zopenko,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi so here's the betas for 436 in order to find the settings save file errors

beta 1 - Updated credits window and Enabled Turbo Mode on right stick
beta 2 - Updated the Power Off exit options and Disabled the Screenshot "Succesful Save" message
beta 3 - Added the delete save file option and Changed the box colors
Downloading, the results in a couple of minutes =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1