Homebrew Snes9xGX Mod [Preview + WiiUPro + ScreenShot button]

Bladeoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Already did so. I posted it on romhacking.net's forums but here it is,
The changes likely break the original Japanese version though, so it's not something to be merged into the main repositories.

EDIT: Also, it's important to realize this patch isn't doing anything real hardware can't. The reason we need to modify the emulator is because 99% of all SNES emulators rely on a built-in database to assign a circuit board configuration for the game (something real hardware can read via the physical cart). The translation made changes to the memory mapping and thus broke this internal database check.
Higan/Bsnes is actually smarter about how it assigns this configuration and lets you read a custom cart-map in the form of a .bml/.xml file. This tricky situation illustrates the value of Higan's often criticized ROM format.

@Burnt Lasagna could you please share the changes you made in snes9x gx 4.3.7 to make Tengai Makyou Zero work again? The download link is not available anymore. I would like to look into it because I backported the changes from snes9x to get pastthe blacl screen so the game starts. The only thing that is not working is the Real Time Clock. Thanks in advance.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Burnt Lasagna could you please share the changes you made in snes9x gx 4.3.7 to make Tengai Makyou Zero work again? The download link is not available anymore. I would like to look into it because I backported the changes from snes9x to get pastthe blacl screen so the game starts. The only thing that is not working is the Real Time Clock. Thanks in advance.
he says on romhacking.net - "Also, the real time clock is working on GX after saving. "
his dropbox link also states that its a spc7110 patch. so he patched one of those files.
the link on romhacking.net also doesn't work.

Tanooki16

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, here is my MOD version of Snes9x GX core 1.52
Made from the 19d5d6e commit (last with the 1.52 core) and added various fixes and new features of the newer versions:

* Added setting to change sound interpolation
* Fixed GameCube build
* Fixed controllers with no analog sticks
* Added ability to change preview image source with + button (thanks Zalo!)
* Fixed Wii U GamePad support
* Fix overclock settings not loaded on start
* Apply hack to fix Kirby Superstar intro

+ Changing the GUI blue and forwarder in teal blue, enjoy ;)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/unofficial-snes9x-gx-core-1-52.529665/

Last edited by Tanooki16,

baco81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by baco81,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Reactions: baco81

Tanooki16

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@baco81: First of all thank you, but as you see there is the RX version of niuus for that.
My version: https://gbatemp.net/threads/unofficial-snes9x-gx-core-1-52.529665/ for me must be an intermediary, in clear: the official version (with the latest core), my version (with the core 1.52) without distorting the official version, and RX version quite different optimized for speed (niuus to a lot worked for that).

Last edited by Tanooki16,
Reactions: rogerioronin

baco81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Tanooki16. The Brunnis lag fix is already on the official Snes9x GX emulator, as it is currently based on the Snes9x 1.58 core and this fix was committed on the 1.56 release. See:

https://github.com/snes9xgit/snes9x/commit/10e0ef005d1d86301d8b87215ef23821bdd4d441

So I don't think that you are distorting anything if you were to implement it.

Anyway, I am happy with the RX fork so don't bother anymore about his commit (thank you niuus!).

But thank you anyway! I'll also keep following your work, as I think the 1.52 is best suited for our amazing Wii.

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
New Mod (Beta) based on the latest version, i hope you like it ;)
V2lj8xz.png

[4.4.4 MOD]

* Added vWii forwarder channel for Wii U. Do not install on the Wii!
* Fixed Multitap error with some 1 player games
* Added L+R+START trigger to go back to emulator for Classic Controller.
For work with SNES Classic Mini controller
* Removed turbo mode on right joystick
* Changed color of UI and forwarder channel
* Based on the latest commit of Snes9x GX

17ykcl4.png

RKUW9L9.png

tE1Cg8E.png

QKKLCvK.png

BzxU3cZ.png

KcCGUFC.png

Edit: Updated UI color
Looks absolutely cool! Thanks!