Homebrew Snes9xGX Mod [Preview + WiiUPro + ScreenShot button]

DDinghoya

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Hi ddinghoya

I saw your korean translation push on the fceugx github.

You are correct the snes and nes use the same translation file type, However they are not the same (for example the nes has palette color options that the snes does not have)

Can you please update both translation files, for example the palettes have changed their names, it does not have the new screenshot options menu / messages nor the new wiiupro messages.

If you want i could build a test version so you can check what other messages need translating.

Thank you for your help in updating these translation files.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi randomizer
You are correct that SRAM message is normal

Thank you for your reply.

I translated on your based your sourceSNES9XGXv434, via other language file. These source not called out for new option items.

At once, replace and re-upload ko.lang that some added translation line on previous reply.

Would you please attach the newest template on this reply? and if you'll provide test version, inform feedback to you after I'm happy to do it.

Best regards.

Last edited by DDinghoya,

Linkuei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The emulator would have to be much more optimized. Given the amount of work that implies, and the current "perfect" state of the emulator as it is, no one but an adventurer that loves both emulation on Wii and optimizing code will ever do it.
Manfred Trenz comes to my mind LOL

DDinghoya

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
There is an auto save sram option, and it saves when you go back from game to emulator menu and when snes9x gx is saving, shows a message.

And DDinghoya I'll try to add Korean language, I' ve not made this before, but I'll try.

Thank you for your attention. If you'll build with ko.lang, I try test for any korean output problem :D

Last edited by DDinghoya,

Askot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Reactions: OriginalHamster

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
There is are a way to add support more than 4 controllers for bomberman mainly!!!Its difficult?
4 player support is there already since ages ago. Now, if you're talking about 5 players, well, i don't think it's physically possible, but maybe a coder could share his insight. The only way i see something like that remotely happening, would be a rewrite of input code to assign an ID of sorts to every controller connected, selecting every controller position at will and separating the GCN ports from the Wiimotes, and then using 4 GCN pads+1 Wiimote, or viceversa. Doesn't sound like an easy feat.
This tweak (made by Brunnis from libretro forums) reduce one frame of input lag for snes9x for retroarch and I'm sure it can be implemented to snes9x GX
https://github.com/libretro/snes9x-next/commit/f8e646d72717dbaca8f45384f545a51ff12f3467
I can add it, but how could this be tested? how would you know if it's working?
Sounds very good, though Askot's question is reasonable.

Last edited by niuus,
Reactions: almmiron

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Virtual Console PcEngine Bomberman games offers 5 controllers, by holding r (or something like that) on the 5th controller on gamecube port(the other 4 being wiimotes). I only think its possible on a homebrew because of this. If nintendo can, why modders dont? haha

Raks8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loving this mod! I did come across a few games that refuse to work for me, however -- Bass Masters Classic - Pro Edition, College Football USA '97, Emmitt Smith Football, and Madden '96. Bass Masters and Madden '96 don't load at all, College Football freezes at EA logo, and Emmitt Smith Football shows initial text then black screen. I'm not exactly dying to play these games or anything :P, but it'd be cool to know if I'm the only one having issues with these particular games.

Reactions: niuus

AntonioHenrick

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The emulator is amazing ... The only downside is not compatible with this Pro Controller ... Someone should work on it ! =D

hfdhfdhfh.jpg

Mr. Benjamin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain how snes9xgx detects gamepads? Is there a config file somewhere I can edit to get my controller to work? This is not your typical "my controller won't work" gripe, let me explain.

I have two TTX Tech SNES gamepads for the wii. They work for VC games fine, but the snes emulator (as well as nes and vgba emulators) has some strange behavior. At first glance it appears to have working buttons, but a nonfunctional D-pad. Here's the thing, I can get one controller to work if I plug an official classic controller pro into the second wii controller. For some reason, the addition of the classic controller pro changes the control profile for the snes control and it begins to function normally. Sadly, this is a very specific workaround and will not help me to get both of my snes controls working at once.

Is there a file that has controller profiles that i could edit (start deleting or moving profiles) that could help make the emulator select the correct profile right away without having to plug in the second control?

This is my first post on GBAtemp so forgive me if i made any rookie mistakes.

Zopenko

Link He come to town Come to save the Princess Z
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi Here's the new beta version

4.3.6 beta
- Removed sound from GUI to get better performance/FPS on games like Yoshi's Island and Kirby Dream Land 3 (Askot)
- Added the delete save file (SRAM / Snapshot) option
- Changed the box colors for the SRAM and Snapshots files to match the color scheme of the emu GUI
- change the "power off wii" exit option to completely turn off the wii, ignoring the WC24 settings
- Updated credits

Wii Boot Beta

Last edited by Zopenko,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

4.3.6 beta
- Removed sound from GUI to get better performance/FPS on games like Yoshi's Island and Kirby Dream Land 3 (Asknot)
- Changed the box colors for the SRAM and Snapshots files to match the color scheme of the emu GUI
- change the "power off wii" exit option to completely turn off the wii, ignoring the WC24 settings
- Updated credits

Wii Boot Beta

Awesome, glad to see this getting updates :P @ShadowOne333

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

Askot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

4.3.6 beta
- Removed sound from GUI to get better performance/FPS on games like Yoshi's Island and Kirby Dream Land 3 (Asknot)
- Updated credits

Wii Boot Beta
*Asknot -> Askot

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

4.3.6 beta
- Updated credits

Wii Boot Beta

Updated/modernized readme with changelog and all the details, mr. @Zopenko.

Bugs present:
- Settings are not being saved after exiting the emulator.

Thanks for this nice release!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.