Homebrew Snes9xGX Cover+ & co

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
Having some problems with this, Every time I run the emulators they pop up the message 'can't find directory' (or something like) clicking on retry just gives the same message, cancel freeze's the Wiii. I don't have to many roms either.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Having some problems with this, Every time I run the emulators they pop up the message 'can't find directory' (or something like) clicking on retry just gives the same message, cancel freeze's the Wiii. I don't have to many roms either.
What folder do you have your ROM's in? and is it on USB or SD. I think it's something like the first time it just assumes it's on SD and crashes if it doesn't find it but you can change that once you get it up and running.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I know this would probably be a better suggestion to put on a main thread (if there is one) but I couldn't find it so since this thread is about a mod and my suggestion would also be a mod, I'll go out on a limb and put it here:

I know it's probably difficult but I was wondering it if would be possible to use the GC to GBA link cable to send multi-player information. It would be cool to be able to play my real Game Boy Advance against the Virtual Boy Advanced GX emulator. I understand there's code out there for similar things over a network. I was just hoping the conversion to use the GC controller port could be made. :lol:

Tuddles

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
be amazing to see these updated all to the newest versions as there awesome and easy to use, but the versions are a lot older and outdated now too. genplusgx cover mod be amazing also and a turbografx with covers :)

Tuddles

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pretty much I went to wiiflow has all the emu and covers you could want and the boxes flip over nice to view the back and give you that ahhhh 80s feel.

hicksy32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked around the forums and i'm looking for the latest versions of fceugx and snes9xgx with cver support and update disabled.
So if anyone can point me in the right direction i'd be greatful thanx :)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I've looked around the forums and i'm looking for the latest versions of fceugx and snes9xgx with cver support and update disabled.
So if anyone can point me in the right direction i'd be greatful thanx :)
The latest versions have just not been modded with cover support.

... or are you saying that the newest ones you have available are still nagging you about updates ? :wink:

hicksy32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the versions i have are hounding me for updates. My son will click yes instead of no because he cant read and i have to reinstall the app on my sd card to bring the covers back. so a link to where i can get vba,fceu,and snes with updates disabled would be great

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you try the versions in the first page of this thread ?
They all have update disabled so you shouldn't see the nag screen.

Snes cover mod isn't very old (4.3.1). The official snes is 4.3.2 and just adds a fix for gamecube pads.
The other mods (nes and vba) are a bit older though, and just wait for someone to update them.

hicksy32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanx for the quick replies if u guys ever need any thing lemme know, i've been around the scene awhile and have gathered a few injected wads and extracted roms along the way.... so if your looking for something say the rom for super mario bros. 25th anniversary i can do that for ya!

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Err, thanks, I guess you solved your issue. Sharing injected wads or roms isn't allowed (anymore?).
It's a bit funny to propose this to the author of these mods (inititiated by giantpune) but it's kind of you.

hicksy32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about that, but i figured as long as I didn't post any links i'd be ok....lol and yeah my issue is solved, the last time i used the covermod from the first page it wouldnt display covers for me,however the issue is solved and I feel that this was all in vein. I understand alot of people are against piracy and such but I strongly believe games that are 20 plus years old should be freeware because we as gamers have repurchased our favorites over and over on multiple systems. On that note if you ever need to find something hit me up cus i'll be glad to help

TheLittleToaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question for Wiimpathy, not sure how soon you'll respond no harm in trying right, I recently downloaded and installed your latest versions of snes9x Gx and vbagx Snes9x gx works great but for some reason on vba gx when I have Cover mode enabled and go to my games I can't select a game. I can go through and view all my games, all my covers are named the same as my roms, I've tried what I believe to be everything to fix this. I've downgraded to lower versions I tried using the cios version, I've named and renamed everything. The only way I can play games is if I go to settings and disable cover mode, this may seem stupid going through all this trouble to see pictures instead of looking at text but it's something I want, just to be clear, my problem is when I am browsing my games in cover mode with my gc controller when I hit the "A" button on the current rom in the middle of the screen nothin happens. Something I also don't fully understand is if Wii motes are suppose to work with VBA gx, my wii mote does not work with vba gx so the problem could be I just don't have the hand to point at screen an select a game the same way I do in snes9x gx. I look forward to hearing from you if you understand my problem, feel free to contact me through other means

email: [email protected]

TheLittleToaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Figured it out, the channel wad I am currently using is broken, so many hours for such an easy fix ha. If someone could point me in the right direction of a channel wad that works with this mod of vba gx would be greatly appreciated

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can seem to get Yoshi's Island to work with Snes9x GX it just gives me a black screen. Is that a known problem or do I just have a bad rom?

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Here in my wii, Snes9xGX got some weird slow downs in a lot of games that wasn't slow at all before (like DKC2 and DKC3, for example)... don't know what's happening though ...maybe it's my wii or usb stick's fault, but I don't know how (and I don't remember to have changed anything about Snes9xDX from the time it was working fine..)
Hope someone can help me ...I was in the mood of playing some DKs :P

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe try an older version of this mod or of the official one.
Another solution is retroarch for supernes, better emulation but a minimalistic and less convenient interface.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maybe try an older version of this mod or of the official one.
Another solution is retroarch for supernes, better emulation but a minimalistic and less convenient interface.

I guess I'll just format the usb stick and try running things again ...but I don't know the real problem ...maybe the wii's memory is overloaded with something... don't know..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021