Homebrew Snes9xGX Cover+ & co

Duckuss_Maxximo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 questions: How do I get + and - to work as they normally should (i.e. + to move forward and - to move back) and also how do I get the GUI to work with the Classic Controller as opposed to only using the Wiimote to browse.

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I hesitated to post on GX emulators cover mods, but since this time it's not totally related to covers, and galen2 force me to open a new topic, here it is.

- Max roms per folder is now 1000. So, if your Wii freezes, crashes or burns because of too many games, it's not my problem, you're warned !

- Snes9xGX only Display details for the chosen game (Genre, Players, Author, Year and plot). It's based on a info.xml file in /snes9xgx/ folder (where you have roms, covers etc...) that look for precise filenames (No-Intro or Tosec roms).
Enable cover view, point a game in one row mode and click on the game title to display details. If details are found, they should display under the game title (see ReadMe for more explanations) .

- Added ability to browse your roms in cover view.

- Added ability to customize games folders with images in cover view.

That's all !
It's not a very impressive addition and would require lot of improvements, but it's a start. I don't think I will add "big" things such as manuals display or covers rotation as I saw in the other thread. You have the messy source code so do what you want with it, I'll help if I can/want.

The covers Must be the same name as the roms.

Covers size :

.Snes9xGX : 316*224
.FCE Ultra GX : 160*224
.VBA-GX : 224*224

See the original thread for more info here : GX cover mods original thread

LATEST COVER MODS :
  • WITH IOS 58 SUPPORT
Snes9xGX 4.3.1 Cover v1

FCE Ultra GX 3.2.9 Cover v1

VBA-GX 2.2.5 Cover v3
  • WITH CIOS 202 SUPPORT
Snes9xGX 4.3.1 Cover v1 cios202

FCE Ultra GX 3.2.9 Cover v1 cios202

VBA-GX 2.2.5 Cover v3

SCREENSHOTS
Snes9xGX Cover+ Main menu
snes9xgxcover.png

Getting details for a game
snes9xgxcover_info1.png

Full game information
snes9xgxcover_info2.png

Hi, 1st of all thank you for all of these!!!
2nd, I would like to ask you I you could please compile the FCE Ultra GX 3.2.9 Cover v1 and VBA-GX 2.2.5 Cover v3 versions with the latest devkitpro (libogc 1.8.9) so it can be compatible with the Motion Plus. Your Snes9x cover version is already compatible so no need to compile that one.

Thank you

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i have a problem using an official classic controller on vgbaGX in vwii. all the buttons work and so does the analog...sort of. when you push down or left it's unresponsive 80% of the time?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why are the outdated versions of the emulators being used for the mod?
It's not like there will be a magical update after years of hiatus, is it?
Anyone that can help to implement Cover mod to the latest versions, please? :3

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, there will be no magical update for the mods either. Or maybe you could lend us your wand ShadowOne ?:)
3 people contacted me to get some help at least to compile. 1 almost succeeds but gave up because of lack of time.
That's one of the keywords, the 2 others being : interest and knowledge.
Just remember we're just humans here working for free. I'll give my time and my little knowledge if anyone have questions though.

There are alternatives with wiiflow or postloader if you want emulators with covers.

Reactions: niuus and bm123456

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not that difficult if you grab pre-made packs like Abz's ones and read a bit. But yes, longer to set up, many options and some flaws too. Someone should write simple instructions about this one day.
The result is pretty good cause you can have almost all emulators with full covers this way.

GamerSince83

West Coast Pimpin'
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to setup that nand bs though? that's what is turning me off doing it. plus i dont think you can do that on Vwii.

The NAND only if u wanna add say Wiiware or VC stuff to Wiiflow.......If it's only for Emus then just like Wiimpathy said DL Abzs Masterpiece Pack and any Covers from MasterShoes thread(he also has apps for the renaming of roms 2 covers) and u should be good to Go :yaywii:

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The NAND only if u wanna add say Wiiware or VC stuff to Wiiflow.......If it's only for Emus then just like Wiimpathy said DL Abzs Masterpiece Pack and any Covers from MasterShoes thread(he also has apps for the renaming of roms 2 covers) and u should be good to Go :yaywii:
Yes, Wiilfow Covers are the best... but still Wimpathy's Cover Mods are awesome!!! Too bad Wiimpathy's FCEU cover mod is not Motion Compatible yet. Love all of them!

LH013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The emulators don't show all the games --> The covers and roms are perfectly named and in the right folders. Snes9x stops at the letter M while I have roms up to the letter Z. The same for VBAgx. There are less than 1000 roms per emulator, what could cause this? I use it on the vWii.

painless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for your contributions here Wiimpathy. Your contributions have really brought so much happiness to this community. Would it be possible for you to release updated versions of your files here when you have time/interest? I know they would be so excellent and so appreciated. If not, thats cool too man, you've done so much and I am so thankful for that. :-)

manf0001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, there will be no magical update for the mods either. Or maybe you could lend us your wand ShadowOne ?:)
3 people contacted me to get some help at least to compile. 1 almost succeeds but gave up because of lack of time.
That's one of the keywords, the 2 others being : interest and knowledge.
Just remember we're just humans here working for free. I'll give my time and my little knowledge if anyone have questions though.

There are alternatives with wiiflow or postloader if you want emulators with covers.

Hi Wiimpathy, Would you share your source code for the mods? I would like to try to apply them to an updated version of the emulators, so that I can keep your functionally but also have newer controller support. Thanks.

Last edited by manf0001,

SieKensou

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
manf0001
The source code is inside the archives. I've updated the links in the first post too.
Wiimpathy, do you have any idea of how to fix the problem with the game Robocop vs. The Terminator? The screen is flashing constantly and it shouldn't (and that generates some slowdown to the game).

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have a version of Snes9x GX 4.3.1 that doesn't freeze at random? Funny thing is i looked at the credits and it said i has cios 58, so i downloaded the 202 version,,wiipathy linked in page 16 or 17, then i opened up the rar, dragged and dropped only the .dol and other files from the rar in my Snes9x GX 4.3.1 directory to copy over the existing install.

Then when i boot up my wii u, go into vwii mode, launch Snes9x GX 4.3.1 and look at the credits. It still says 58....why didn't it reflect 202 after i copied over the Snes9x GX 4.3.1 58 dol file? Am i missing something?

Do i need to delete the files in the Snes9x GX folder on the root of my USB drive with the info.xml & settings.xml files in order for the 202 version to kick in?

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's already been discussed in the neogeo cd thread. Cios 202 doesn't work on Wii-U.

You may have less random freeze with the latest Tantric's releases (no cover wall but 1 cover next to the filebrowser).

Last edited by Wiimpathy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr