Homebrew Snes9x RX - A new fork.

Which one is the typography you think should be the main one from now on? (Images on page 22)

• Earthworm Jim 2

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Kirby Super Star

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Super Bomberman 2

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Earthworm Jim

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
First of all let me start by saying this is my emulator of choice because not only it runs flawlessly but I also get to use my SNES Mini joysticks with my Wiimotes on a Sony Wega CRT, which makes it a very gorgeous experience both visually and technically. Just out of curiosity, I was wondering how does this emulator compares to a real SNES in terms of input lag, since I actually don´t own the real console but I sometimes run Retroarch with runahead feature enabled in my PC and really can´t tell the difference between SNES9X RX versus the PC version - that´s a statement of how good this emulator is! Thanks a lot for creating such a great product and keep up the good work!
Thanks!

Though i have no cold data on the subject, i would say the experience is pretty much the same in terms of lag, even when it was first released i already had integrated a commit to reduce input lag by 1 frame, which wasn't in the original. I too use a CRT and PVM, so i can compare the real console (through RGB) and the emulation, and i am pretty happy with the results, specially the video quality. The fact that you can't objectively perceive input lag is a great testament of the cool experience that we get out of emulation on the Wii. :yaywii:

I guess it would be a cool subject for a youtube video to compare input lag using the 240p suite (SNES and Wii's RX) and a high speed camera.

Last edited by niuus,

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Some quick update: some weeks ago i added support for the Mad Catz SE FightStick for Xbox 360.
fightstick_01-440x341.jpg

I was promised a video of the controller in action by mesenkom, but was never delivered. In case anyone else has this cool looking arcade stick, just know there will be a build for it.

Tanooki16

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi niuus, if you want it here is a small contribution from me for your good project ;)

If you're OK, don't hesitate to tell me if you want a modification, and the same thing (with different colors) for FCEURX ?

Make way for the new RX interface ^^ (I put the instructions in the archives for you)

CzgPnfD.png

GgDlrgw.png

EqqNa8p.png

oUAMI5M.png

SZWrCpY.png

D4VPpmf.png

qC4imNh.png

Edit: T-Rex brightness correction:

Attachments

• AquaBlue-RX.zip
    456.2 KB · Views: 106
  • credits_box-fix.png
    credits_box-fix.png
    21 KB · Views: 100
Last edited by Tanooki16,

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi niuus, if you want it here is a small contribution from me for your good project ;)

If you're OK, don't hesitate to tell me if you want a modification, and the same thing (with different colors) for FCEURX ?

Make way for the new RX interface ^^ (I put the instructions in the archives for you)

CzgPnfD.png

GgDlrgw.png

EqqNa8p.png

oUAMI5M.png

SZWrCpY.png

D4VPpmf.png

qC4imNh.png

Edit: T-Rex brightness correction:
Cool! BTW, you think the RX forwarder could be updated for USB and SD support, and to also hide the commands after launch?

Tanooki16

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@niuus The problem with forwarder channel, them is that I never managed to access the advanced settings of custumizeMii :/

I have tried many versions of devkitPPC, it may never work. But I will see what I can do to you ;)

Reactions: niuus

xadrianx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You should detail what happens when you use the classic controller adapter shown.
when I connect the adapter to the wiimote and test the emulator, the emulator goes crazy and doesn't work again until I disconnect it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

when I connect the adapter to the wiimote and test the emulator, the emulator goes crazy and doesn't work again until I disconnect it
. I had this information when i connect the joystick USB adaptor to My Android device

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200302-012307.png
    Screenshot_20200302-012307.png
    164.7 KB · Views: 103

wyjek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi niuus, great work on the fork (rhyme not intended). However, I have one request - could you add support for my Logitech F510 controller? It supports XInput, so it should work just like wired X360 controller, but it's not recognizable in Snes9x RX; my guess is that PID and VID don't match. I've found them here: https://github.com/libretro/retroarch-joypad-autoconfig/blob/master/udev/Logitech_Gamepad_F510.cfg , could you add it to the Snes9x RX somehow? Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi niuus, great work on the fork (rhyme not intended). However, I have one request - could you add support for my Logitech F510 controller? It supports XInput, so it should work just like wired X360 controller, but it's not recognizable in Snes9x RX; my guess is that PID and VID don't match. I've found them here: https://github.com/libretro/retroarch-joypad-autoconfig/blob/master/udev/Logitech_Gamepad_F510.cfg , could you add it to the Snes9x RX somehow? Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.
Last time i fulfilled a request for controller support, all i asked was a video where said controller could be seen working with the emulator, to which this :shit: user just made a hit and run :rolleyes:. You willing to publicly promise such video, i can include your request for 4.8.0, hopefully it works for you. :yayone:

Ok no worries mate
Confirming:

Icon size - 128x128
Banner Size - 1280x720

Gamepad
Logo size - 170x42
Gamepad Banner - 854x480

Are these correct?

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
Last time i fulfilled a request for controller support, all i asked was a video where said controller could be seen working with the emulator, to which this :shit: user just made a hit and run :rolleyes:. You willing to publicly promise such video, i can include your request for 4.8.0, hopefully it works for you. :yayone:

Confirming:

Icon size - 128x128
Banner Size - 1280x720

Gamepad
Logo size - 170x42
Gamepad Banner - 854x480

Are these correct?
Yeah they were correct mate

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard a new term today related to Cali, thought was funny, "California Sober" lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ROFL LMAO
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hurt ancientbois feelings
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You wouldn't remove your teeth?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But his mouth is stuck on your meat
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    AN SOFA
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I had a power nap woke up with so much gas it's awesome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    holy shit why do i have 19 notifications?!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    AND WHY ARE SOME OF THEM BUNDLED UP REACTIONS TO POSTS?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cause I maybe, maybe clicked like a few times.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You're as loved as much as Juan now enjoy it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm sorry for the insult
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the difference is i like wario and samus and he likes muscle mommies and feet
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait, i forgot wizards too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a buddy that has a moonshine still and he makes his own shine. He brought me a jar of some peach shine/brandy, shit is damn good. Gonna have to see if can get more.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    careful that shit don't make you go blind
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh that's only if you drink what first comes out when distilling, you must throw out the first part of it when it starts running. (Its called the "head(s)" of the run) Or use it for fuel or a general purpose cleaner
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If alcohol would've made @BigOnYa blind by now it would have
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So True.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should make a poll for bigonya to change his username to DrunkOnYa
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's my alt
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't wanna go to the store someone go for me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Call my wifey, tell her pick up stuff on her way over.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pick up my door dash meat me in the allyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wifey is busy, so ill send my buddy @AncientBoi , in his gimp outfit. "who ordered the 6" sausage?""
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wifey is busy, so ill send my buddy @AncientBoi , in his gimp outfit. "who ordered the 6" sausage?""