ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's up gbatemp! gryz here with an update. I have picked a name(not a very good one though lol) and my lead menu designer yudowat has made a good logo(for a name as crappy as mine lol) we will have a demo out with at least 16 characters out in a couple of months. If you wanna be a beta tester and help us with balance issues, I will gladly send you the weekly build. This demo will have custom textures(menu and character), custom music, sfx, param edits, and movesets. Well guys, I hope you are as exited as we are! I will be posting weekly updates similar to Sakurai's pic of the day.(but weekly lol) Requests are welcome in terms of sound and skins(just don't overwhelm us.) Movesets will be Melee-inspired(INSPIRED, I am NOT making Project M). Oh, and if you come up with a better name, PM either me or @Yudowat. Thanks guys! Remember, I'm open to new ideas and criticism. Let me know how I can improve the quality of my mod.(Just don't be a jerk about it.) I will be posting another update next week. Untill then, I'll see you next week with some new content. gryz out.

Project Dolphin 3DS Logo.png

Kerpumples

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's up gbatemp! gryz here with an update. I have picked a name(not a very good one though lol) and my lead menu designer yudowat has made a good logo(for a name as crappy as mine lol) we will have a demo out with at least 16 characters out in a couple of months. If you wanna be a beta tester and help us with balance issues, I will gladly send you the weekly build. This demo will have custom textures(menu and character), custom music, sfx, param edits, and movesets. Well guys, I hope you are as exited as we are! I will be posting weekly updates similar to Sakurai's pic of the day.(but weekly lol) Requests are welcome in terms of sound and skins(just don't overwhelm us.) Movesets will be Melee-inspired(INSPIRED, I am NOT making Project M). Oh, and if you come up with a better name, PM either me or @Yudowat. Thanks guys! Remember, I'm open to new ideas and criticism. Let me know how I can improve the quality of my mod.(Just don't be a jerk about it.) I will be posting another update next week. Untill then, I'll see you next week with some new content. gryz out.

View attachment 55323

Sounds cool! to bad i cant smash hack cause my 3ds is stupid ._.

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh lol i hope you get hacks working

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how are you gonna play our mods?

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know what

what the heck

i feel bad for you man. so give me a request. as as it's not ridiculous or requires model editing, i will make it for you.

seriously

Kerpumples

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know what

what the heck

i feel bad for you man. so give me a request. as as it's not ridiculous or requires model editing, i will make it for you.

seriously

Wow really! What are my "boundries". Like does Dolphin have a certain theme or is it just hacks?

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i chose the name dolphin because i wanted a melee inspired name. but i wanted to be original. hence dolphin. it was the codename of the gamecube. no, no boundaries. just nothing ridiculous or anything that involves model editing

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so go ahead. request what you want to see in-game the most. i'll try my best to make it look good for you.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was messing around with o3ds rebirths bch texture replacer and had this happen... http://imgur.com/a/kbDTA I know the bch replacer isn't supposed to work, but I was curious to see if the game would load the textures. Only the modified textures have that graphical error. One good thing probably did come from this though: I theoretically have the offset for the texture in the bch with its mipmaps. Going to look into it more tomorrow because it's 4am. Hopefully this is of some use to someone...

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
which file contains the control scheme for the player fighters? I really want to change c stick to tilt on ground

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OK, I haven't used SaltySD in a while because the old version was so amazingly slow. I have a NA 1.1.6 update cia, do I install that onto my 3DS, decrypt it, and replace some file named code.bin with the latest SaltySD code.bin and encrypt it again, then install the edited update? 'Cause I have no idea how any of this shit actually works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zTei5RMhQ8