ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GudPiggeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do i merge the whole romfs folder, or do i merge only the data and outdir? If it's the first one, do I also merge data and outdir?

Yumeno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Did you rotate the textures at all? I know when my first texture looked wrong it was because I accidentally rotated them when exporting. If that doesn't work try manually importing them in.

I believe the textures are upside down

I feel very dumb for not noticing something so obvious hahah xD, when you export x textures they rotate on their own, I didn't notice such a detail and now It feels so obvious.

Reactions: ArcPh1r3

Phanton

GBAtemp's Nui lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This will be able to show alt costumes such as female corrin or wireframe mac in the CSS, still a WIP however as this was done quickly and without testing

(Im not able to test this as my DS isn't with me at the moment, so please report any bugs or misnamed folders ect to me here or in a pm :) )
I don't know what happened, but at least it got the changes working.
Also, I didn't replace Olimar, Little Mac and Bayonetta, that must be why the look normal and you forgot to add ROB too, so maybe there is some background stuff on the .tex file that is missing? Just a wild guess.

I have made a huge mistake.png

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't know what happened, but at least it got the changes working.
Also, I didn't replace Olimar, Little Mac and Bayonetta, that must be why the look normal and you forgot to add ROB too, so maybe there is some background stuff on the .tex file that is missing? Just a wild guess.

View attachment 45340
In the instructions, it said to add all files from all and then select which alt you would like, even for characters you don't want the alt changed, just add the files from ALTS/Bayonetta/Normal to SD card root and repeat for other chracters. But ROB! Oh man, he has an alt but it is so marginally different so I had him with characters to have ALTS but then didn't include him in that because the alt isn't much different! I'll be on that in a jiffy!

EDIT: OK, should be fixed now. And I noticed I messed the locations up as well, so that's all good. ROB hasn't been fixed yet for some reason but hes definitely there. And the instructions now feature caps lock to emphasize that all alts need to be used. :) A version that uses individual miis (selectable with @SD_DS 's mod, yes it does work. And the image with the 3 mii types WILL work btw) may not be possible with the quick shortcut I utilized, but every alt will be selectable with a version of this mod that doesnt use files already found in a similar location (and this includes miis)

Attachments

• CSS ALTERNATIVES v2.zip
    543 KB · Views: 138
Last edited by Yudowat,

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*When your computer will do absolutely nothing right for you*
Seriously, literally every step of this process so far has involved either me using a different computer or spending hours agonizing over a fix. So I don't know what I was expecting when I fired up DTLS, but I should've known it wouldn't work:
Any ideas, besides getting a new computer, which I just did?

I swear I spend more time wrangling with computers than actually getting shit done.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    17.7 KB · Views: 350
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    16.8 KB · Views: 332
Last edited by Swiftloke,
Reactions: Ordim3n

Ordim3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe i will upload a V2 of my marth mod because i've made changes:you can grab from anywhere, pummel = F-air and increased knockback of F-air
But for some reason, the F-air now just hits in the air.
But for the moment i'm setting up NTR for video streaming
for those who are wondering, the knockback of F-air is FFFFFF

Monkeyp7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SaltySD results in long loading times when starting battles/modes! It may take over a minute. No, your console didn't crash. If something went wrong, you'd be kicked back to the home menu and a pop-up would tell you an error occurred and the console would be restarted.
Mines been "loading" for the past 30 mins

GudPiggeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to do model swaps, but for some reason many characters freeze when on the loading screen (completely)
For example, mario or falco & captain falcon work, but not pikachu or doc louis. it just freezes on the loading screen. I'm using the cache thing.

BlastXDX

3DS Hacking Era Original
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's that Dr. Mario Melee voice mod I was working on. I forgot to replace one or two of his voice clips, but most should be Melee.

Attachments

• Dr. Melee.zip
    335.2 KB · Views: 108

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*When your computer will do absolutely nothing right for you*
Seriously, literally every step of this process so far has involved either me using a different computer or spending hours agonizing over a fix. So I don't know what I was expecting when I fired up DTLS, but I should've known it wouldn't work:
Any ideas, besides getting a new computer, which I just did?

I swear I spend more time wrangling with computers than actually getting shit done.
Can anyone please help me? I've got BIG plans. Adding alts, completely replacing the soundtrack, adding scripts... But I can't get ANY of that started without this one last step in this truly goddamned process. If you're able to help me, I'll add you to the credits once I'm done with the hack, such as @Ordim3n did. Thanks in advance.

Phanton

GBAtemp's Nui lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
In the instructions, it said to add all files from all and then select which alt you would like, even for characters you don't want the alt changed, just add the files from ALTS/Bayonetta/Normal to SD card root and repeat for other chracters. But ROB! Oh man, he has an alt but it is so marginally different so I had him with characters to have ALTS but then didn't include him in that because the alt isn't much different! I'll be on that in a jiffy!

EDIT: OK, should be fixed now. And I noticed I messed the locations up as well, so that's all good. ROB hasn't been fixed yet for some reason but hes definitely there. And the instructions now feature caps lock to emphasize that all alts need to be used. :) A version that uses individual miis (selectable with @SD_DS 's mod, yes it does work. And the image with the 3 mii types WILL work btw) may not be possible with the quick shortcut I utilized, but every alt will be selectable with a version of this mod that doesnt use files already found in a similar location (and this includes miis)
Ok everything is fine, but is everything supposed to be in bubbles instead of the regular colored box?

Yumeno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Is there any other model you can load apart from the hand one? to be able to export/import more fighter textures, since the limit is 8 and some characters (like Kamui) use up to 13.

ArcPh1r3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any other model you can load apart from the hand one? to be able to export/import more fighter textures, since the limit is 8 and some characters (like Kamui) use up to 13.
This doesn't exactly answer your question but when a character has over 8 textures I use export/import all to replace them.

Ordim3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For those who want a update of smash you can use funkyCIA2 for downloading eShop stuff or you can use GroovyCIA that is a GUI version of it. To dump ticket.db you can dump it from decrypt9 you go in (Emu)nand options --> file dump --> ticket.db

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It doesn't really matter if I can't see them in the hud so that still helps alot!.
you can use ohana rebirth for viewing models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1