ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was a highlight of this post, yes. Google has barely anything, and nothing useful for the process. It's in the guide, though. Check the section "CUSTOM MUSIC/SFX/VOICE CLIPS", it's all there.
oh, thank you so much for putting this all in one thread :bow::bow:

Reactions: cimmanonroll

Gamecubed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you be able to make a YouTube video on how to do this? You don't have to, but I think it would help dummies like me who aren't too far in the wonderful world of hacking.

cimmanonroll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you be able to make a YouTube video on how to do this? You don't have to, but I think it would help dummies like me who aren't too far in the wonderful world of hacking.
You're not a dummy, you're just visual.
I've been thinking about it, and I think I very likely will, but only if nobody else plans on doing so.

Wistful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! So, I've replaced Marth's swing sound effects for his jab with the ones from Melee, and it works fine, but it appears that other sound effects get screwy. Like running or walking comes out very different, with an explosion-type sound (best way I could describe it.) Despite SFX replacement being relatively new, has anyone else experienced this, or know what the problem is? I've replaced Fox's reflector sound effect with the one from Melee as well, and his sound effects come out completely fine.

Bryght

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Awesome guide ! I will definitely use this soon to replace custom music.

European player here. Using your technique, can I rebuild the .3ds rom as explained in Asia81's guide, instead of applying changes as patches using SaltySD?

Last edited by Bryght,

cimmanonroll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant find the assist model files I want waluigi
\data\item\assist\waluigi\model\body\c00

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Awesome guide ! I will definitely use this soon to replace custom music.

European player here. Using your technique, can I rebuild the .3ds rom as explained in Asia81's guide, instead of applying changes as patches using SaltySD?
I'm not sure, but the only method I've been seeing is installing the CIA update. But there's no harm in trying it!

Caseyfam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we know how to edit .tex files yet so we can change the CSS? I honestly only want to have alt costumes if I can see them when I'm selecting my character :P

cimmanonroll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we know how to edit .tex files yet so we can change the CSS? I honestly only want to have alt costumes if I can see them when I'm selecting my character :P
That's the next logical step. I hope we see it soon. If I find a way, I'll put it on the guide as soon as possible.

Reactions: Caseyfam

Octoling

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Manito
D

Deleted User

You might note that you need to have a c and h folder on the SD card for any mod to work, even the files that only have a c00 file

Baggy Scraggy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll use this for sure, but I'm gonna wait for a video guide because I suck at following text guides.

cimmanonroll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't manage to change the sword textiure on Ike. Nothing works.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, great tutorial BTW
Thanks. <3

I never tested editing the textures of anything besides character models, but I was planning on editing the Monado's textures. What's going wrong?

Spyro78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my tests, it looks like trying to replace character models with assist trophies, Smash Run enemies, etc. just results in a crash while the game is loading. Can anyone else confirm or offer an explanation of how to make it work?

D

Deleted User

Thanks. <3

I never tested editing the textures of anything besides character models, but I was planning on editing the Monado's textures. What's going wrong?
It shows good in the model preview using ohana 3ds rebirth (that views thew .mbn file) but whnever I try it on the SD card it doesn't load anything custom besides character mdesl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo