ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I'm having problems with Marth's sfx. No one seems to know how to fix his sfx. I replaced his sword and counter sfx with Melee sfx, but when he uses u-air, double jumps, or walks at all, I get "explosion" sound effects. Do you know how to fix this? The same thing happens to my Melee hitsound pack. I replaced fire, electric, darkness, and sword hitsounds, and they come out fine, but Screen K.O.s and most throws have the same explosion sound error. Why is it that my Melee sfx for Fox and Falco and my Brawl hitsounds for Ike and DDD work perfect? Someone on gamebanana said it's SaltySD's fault. Idk why it does this. Can I fix this?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh really? Awesome. What did you want it for? And it's ok, I'll ask Sammi Husky what's wrong with Animcmd.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I'm having problems with Marth's sfx. No one seems to know how to fix his sfx. I replaced his sword and counter sfx with Melee sfx, but when he uses u-air, double jumps, or walks at all, I get "explosion" sound effects. Do you know how to fix this? The same thing happens to my Melee hitsound pack. I replaced fire, electric, darkness, and sword hitsounds, and they come out fine, but Screen K.O.s and most throws have the same explosion sound error. Why is it that my Melee sfx for Fox and Falco and my Brawl hitsounds for Ike and DDD work perfect? Someone on gamebanana said it's SaltySD's fault. Idk why it does this. Can I fix this?

Oh really? Awesome. What did you want it for? And it's ok, I'll ask Sammi Husky what's wrong with Animcmd.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I have no idea.

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@shinyquagsire23 Do you know what the problem is with Marth and Joucyu(General)? They both have that explosion sound no matter what you replace. What's the deal?

soulphraser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't show up in game for me. Does it show up for you?

@LinkSoraZelda Do you mean the alternate menu music? menu_2_nus3bank I think. Use foobar2000 to find it.

The reason it doesn't show up if you have to actually edit the sword on ike model

I believe this sword only appears when he's doing his up B

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohana doesn't let me import files so can someone try to get this into a working file? Its just a first attempt at making the american flag costume that mario has but for luigi :P

Attachments

• luigi_body_low.png
    luigi_body_low.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 144

soulphraser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohana doesn't let me import files so can someone try to get this into a working file? Its just a first attempt at making the american flag costume that mario has but for luigi :P
Capture.png

dont forget to do h00 too or you wont see it in camera mode

Attachments

• c00.rar
    129.8 KB · Views: 68

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, you have to use the original ohana3ds to import/export. Rebirth is read only, again, for some reason. I'm assuming it's still in development.

soulphraser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, you have to use the original ohana3ds to import/export. Rebirth is read only, again, for some reason. I'm assuming it's still in development.
This isn't true you can Import and Export with either or but for some weird reason when you import with Rebirth the game won't load your mod so it's best to use the original (ohana3ds) just for importing at least
This case is probably not true for other games just for Smash Brothers as far as I know

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't show up in game for me. Does it show up for you?

@LinkSoraZelda Do you mean the alternate menu music? menu_2_nus3bank I think. Use foobar2000 to find it.
No.
I mean the file that determines the point where the music resumes from (after a match).
SND_bgm_SBDX33_Menu2.nus3bank(or something, I don't remember completely :P) is what you're talking about, the music file itself.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thinkit is a predetermined point based on how long the song is.

Actually, Ohana Rebirth gave me problems with ZSS and Ike. I've imported with Rebirth, which gives me problems, but it exports textures to PNG perfectly.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
I thinkit is a predetermined point based on how long the song is.
Actually, Ohana Rebirth gave me problems with ZSS and Ike. I've imported with Rebirth, which gives me problems, but it exports textures to PNG perfectly.

It's not predetermined... it isn't like it jumps to a random point in the song.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, really? I thought it was based on the song's length. Then I don't even think you can edit it.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i need help finding a few things:
  • The results screen "DK" symbol for donkey and diddy kong
  • The text on the bottom of the title screen
  • also the character textures on the bottom of the title screen.

I've been searching for days and haven't found em :S

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, what's the file that holds the names for music? I think it's a hex edit, since I saw a guy change it. You know, the eye-catch that displays the song at the start of the match? I have different music and it would just look better if people knew what the music and artists were while playing my mod. Thanks guys!

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, what's the file that holds the names for music? I think it's a hex edit, since I saw a guy change it. You know, the eye-catch that displays the song at the start of the match? I have different music and it would just look better if people knew what the music and artists were while playing my mod. Thanks guys!
You have to edit sound.msbt which is located in ui/message. Use msbt editor to change the names of the songs, the only drawback is that if you use the sound.msbt that you got from the full smash game the DLC stages will have a blank name when starting the match, everything else works fine I did it to all the stages and aong. but the DLC stages music names will remain blank until we get a msbt editor that can add new entries/strings.

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, ok. That's what I figured it was, because when I opened it it HxD with ASCII, it displayed the filenames. Anywhere I can find this editor or is Google my friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge