ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there isn't until you open something. Just open the .mbn model and make sure the .bch texture is in the same folder as the .mbn you opened.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OH MY GOD DID YOU NOT READ THE TUTORIAL???!!! lol srsly it's in the tutorial, bub. If you need the file to extract DLC, look near the top of this page for the DTLS.py. Follow the "Obtaining Files" section. Seriously. Each model is located under data\model.

Oh, and if you mean like Blender models or something, Ohana 3DS Rebirth can export the models to .obj and .dae, both of which are readable by Blender.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can edit the .txt in ohana to change the stock images and character portraits right?

Oops nevermind lol

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhhhh.... No. You need the program on the first page, in the "Custom Textures" section, the last link of that section. Pretty much every pre-rendered or menu image is a .tex file, and all of them are located in the "ui" folder. Character stuff is located under ui\replace\chr. For DLC stuff, you need to add a folder called "append" and put it next to the "chr" folder with all your edits.

Oh ok, cool, you figured it out! Sorry for the redundancy!:D

I retextured your Zelda's hair. Here you go. You're welcome! :D
Zelda.png

Attachments

• Idk but this mod needs a name.zip
    365.4 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: Eddypikachu

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhhhh.... No. You need the program on the first page, in the "Custom Textures" section, the last link of that section. Pretty much every pre-rendered or menu image is a .tex file, and all of them are located in the "ui" folder. Character stuff is located under ui\replace\chr. For DLC stuff, you need to add a folder called "append" and put it next to the "chr" folder with all your edits.

Oh ok, cool, you figured it out! Sorry for the redundancy!:D

I retextured your Zelda's hair. Here you go. You're welcome! :D
View attachment 54413
Thanks, Do you use the ohana3ds included in the smash pack? When I press import, import all or save nothing happens but clicking export or export all responds normally and I really dont want to be a bother to anyone when creating custom textures :(

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me import this work in progress zelda costume into her c05 skin? IDK why but even on the original ohana3ds when I click the im,port button nothings happens but export works fine so idk what to do
The import (single) button only works if you have a certain texture highlighted/selected. Try using import all and just having missing textures, it will give you an error, but it should be fine

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so you gotta select the texture you want to replace, and import the PNG.

And also, @alex61194 , the best I can do is recolor Cloud to look like Zack. I can't edit models yet.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See the texture I want to replace is highlighted but it doesn't let me import anything :(

Attachments

• ohanasucks.png
    ohanasucks.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 173

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah! Now just click "Import" and select a .png. It has to be a png, or it won't work. Then click save.

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, just dt and ls. Now you need DLC stuff from 1.1.6. Do the same thing but with dtls.py (get that from the previous page) and make sure you have python 2.7 installed.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soooo I made 3 Custom skins...
2 for palutena and 1 for Mario

I hope you guys like them

And would some one be kind enough to post a model file for each DLC character including male and female corrin?

I need the dlc character files because on smash amino I'm doing custom skin requests for the 3ds version of smash "Only"
i was gonna make a grand dad skin like the wiiu version, but im already working on bonzi buddy :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone