Hacking Sky3DS released a new card - no limit for games.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
How future proof is the Gateway? It does not support sysnan or emunan on 9.3. Basically it is less future proof (at the moment) then the Sky3DS.

And like Sky3DS we have no guarantee that Gateway will work with 9.4 or higher firmware’s. So with both (and all other cards) it is always a gamble.
I feel plenty secure as a Gateway customer knowing I have future support from them. They've already got emuNAND working for every firmware from 5.x to 9.x previously, so I doubt they're suddenly gonna drop off the face of the earth. emuNAND is a solid future-proofing solution, whereas Sky3DS could die out with Nintendo's next major firmware update (probably 10.x).

Reactions: Sonicx64

Raymond7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK so i've got a question...

Gateway currently emulates the firmware to a higher version so that we are able to play games and use the e shop on a lower firmware version we actually got.
But Sky3DS doesn't have emunand.

So does that mean that IF Sky3DS are blocked in 9.4-9.5 that you cant use the e shop and some games anymore?
Because if you stay on 9.3 you are safe. But what if the game you got on the Sky3DS needs an update from the e shop, and you can't open the e shop because you are on a lower firmware. But you can't update your firmware because otherwise Sky3DS doesn't work?

Does this is true? or does Sky3DS has something special that allows the use of e shop and game update?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
OK so i've got a question...

Gateway currently emulates the firmware to a higher version so that we are able to play games and use the e shop on a lower firmware version we actually got.
But Sky3DS doesn't have emunand.

So does that mean that IF Sky3DS are blocked in 9.4-9.5 that you cant use the e shop and some games anymore?
Because if you stay on 9.3 you are safe. But what if the game you got on the Sky3DS needs an update from the e shop, and you can't open the e shop because you are on a lower firmware. But you can't update your firmware because otherwise Sky3DS doesn't work?

Does this is true? or does Sky3DS has something special that allows the use of e shop and game update?
Correct. We have no guarantee that Sky3DS will work on future firmware updates.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
From an objective point of view (away from fanboyism), they both seem to have a reason of existence.

If I would buy a new 3ds at the moment, Sky3DS seems my only option. It's the easier noob proof solution.
The 10 game limitation was clearly announced. Mayby it was to boost sales, or maybe it was for technical reasons.
Fact is, you know it existed, so either you bought the card and shouldn't complain if something better sees the light a bit later (it happens all the time)
or you didn't buy the card, in which case complaining about it is just because you are seeking attention.
I don't know the exact details how it's done, but if the game code is patched, I assume there is a risk this is detectable
and can be used to block the card. Maybe the first solution with the 10 game limit didn't have that danger.
It could be that they heard all the negative criticism and decidezd to change it due to that.
If it doesn't work anymore on future firmwares, the flamewar can start again.

If you can use gateway, it has the advantage of allowing homebrew and region patching.
Emunand would be great and almost a must to protect against further firmware updates,but at this time of writing, all we have
is a youtube video, and we all know how reliable those can be.
Considering the bricking, it was no accident or code error. It was intended to happen, but just on the clones.
This method for elimination of the concurrence is unforgivable, unless they would clearly notice that the hardware is not genuine, and even then, they could
have forced it to malfunction without the need to brick peoples consoles.

In my opinion, freedom of choice is good as it helps dropping the prices at an acceptible level.
If clone makers can produce a product cheaper, it means that either the quality is lower or that the original makers are greedy and asking
to much for their product due to the fact there are no alternatives. (It's usually a mix of both)
Sky3DS is having the same advantage at the moment. So, let's hope the gateway solution for recent firmwares arrives soon, as it will force
Sky3DS to drop it's prices as well.

You could state that gateway did the research and that the clones simply used their code, explaining why the gateway is more expensive.
This would be true for a unique product into which the firmware costs have to be payed as well, but if a lot are sold, you have to spread the development costs
over all units. It's like buying a washing machine and needing to pay some extra money for the firmware that controls that machine.

Anyway, it's unrelated to the topic title but seems to be driving the topic.
Maybe the title should be changed, and a new one created with the facts, closed for comments.
If this one get's closed, people will start posting in others, so that's no solution to stop the pro con's discussion.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
any sky3DS user here ?
every time i turn the 3DS and want to play the game #20 for example , i have to press the button 19 time ?
meaning its always start at game #1 ?

if that so , can i change the order of the game using my PC ? or i have to format the SD card ?

chin261

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
any sky3DS user here ?
every time i turn the 3DS and want to play the game #20 for example , i have to press the button 19 time ?
meaning its always start at game #1 ?

if that so , can i change the order of the game using my PC ? or i have to format the SD card ?

the card will read ur "last game" u select before u power off.

garbanzox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! This just made my day. Now I can stop worrying about upgrading, enjoy my eshop games, and be happy.
My DSTWO offers plenty of homebrew, so I'm all set :)

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Dont know what Im more eager to see, GW to release its update or Sky3DS to get blocked.

BTW just a thin reminder who Sky3ds really is. If youre really that dense on choosing them over GW then I feel very very sorry for you.

image.php

TeamSKY3DS

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.sky3ds.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hello!

Thank you for your interest in our product! We worked hard to remove the limitation and we were succesfull! Our new card (Version Blue Button) can play unlimited games on ALL Firmwares! Even 9.3.0-20J!

You can buy this awesome card right now! Please check our site for retailer informations!

Thanks!

Mr. Prince

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hello!

Thank you for your interest in our product! We worked hard to remove the limitation and we were succesfull! Our new card (Version Blue Button) can play unlimited games on ALL Firmwares! Even 9.3.0-20J!

You can buy this awesome card right now! Please check our site for retailer informations!

Thanks!

wow. Just wow.

garbanzox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ITT: Pirates pretending to know the motivations of piracy enablers, then bashing said enablers for their presumed lack of moral fiber. How funny is that?

I bought a Sky3DS a few hours ago. When it arrives, I will be able to play any retail game on any system with any firmware. Show me another cart that can do the same before you start throwing stones :creep:

Reactions: SLiV3R

TeamSKY3DS

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.sky3ds.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
ITT: Pirates pretending to know the motivations of piracy enablers, then bashing said enablers for their presumed lack of moral fiber. How funny is that?

I bought a Sky3DS a few hours ago. When it arrives, I will be able to play any retail game on any system with any firmware. Show me another cart that can do the same before you start throwing stones :creep:
This guy made the right decision! Do you see? You can play every game on every firmware! SKY3DS is the best flashcaerd ever!

Reactions: SLiV3R

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guy made the right decision! Do you see? You can play every game on every firmware! SKY3DS is the best flashcaerd ever!

Having your product on hand, the biggest concern that you should answer is those that bought the unit or have the first generation unit. Second generation folk get the automatic removal of the limit without further input, while those stuck with the first gen have to resort to a rather complicated and shifty method of bypassing the limit. Do you intend to create a better workaround to alleviate the concerns of the first generation?

Reactions: Warft and Sonicx64

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Having your product on hand, the biggest concern that you should answer is those that bought the unit or have the first generation unit. Second generation folk get the automatic removal of the limit without further input, while those stuck with the first gen have to resort to a rather complicated and shifty method of bypassing the limit. Do you intend to create a better workaround to alleviate the concerns of the first generation?

They will find a better solution on their third generation of cards.

Reactions: gamesquest1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, WAKE UP