Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

Plailect

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Derrek's release is essentially the equivalent of directly installing something Luma to your NAND and giving it a sighax signature. It'll be slightly faster since it doesn't have any intermediary payload such as boot9strap, but it also would be more dangerous to update and maintain because you'd have to write to NAND for every update rather than just putting a new boot.firm on your SD.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Derrek's release is essentially the equivalent of directly installing something Luma to your NAND and giving it a sighax signature. It'll be slightly faster since it doesn't have any intermediary payload such as boot9strap, but it also would be more dangerous to update and maintain because you'd have to write to NAND for every update rather than just putting a new boot.firm on your SD.

Much better explanation, boot9strap it is then, thank you

Jhnsn

*Flat is Justice*
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wait what did I miss during sleep? Boot9strap released? tf

I think I should just launch the installer as a arm9 payload right?

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sighax is the exploit in Nintendo's Boot9 signature parser that allows us to fakesign FIRMs.

Boot9strap is a project by SciresM that utilizes sighax and another exploit (an NDMA overwite) to gain code execution as Boot9. This means that boot9strap, unlike standard sighax, can do stuff like dump the OTP, Boot11, and Boot9.
hi plailect, didnt see a method in the guide to upgrade if A9LH is already installed and your on 11.4, can we just skip to the hombrew install method? or should i return to 11.3 first?

edit: nevermind :)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Last edited by democracy,

mbcrazed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, for people like me, who were impatient and installed sighax, and got a successful screen but it doesn't boot, what now?

What I did was, I followed the upgrade from A9LH section, when I first did it, it said I was missing the target_firm.bin, so I downloaded it from the sighax installer section, then renamed it to said file name and put it on the root of my SD. Everything installs okay, asks if I want to remove A9LH, and I said yes. It installs everything successfully, and then reboot to see if it worked. All I got was a black screen. I looked in my SD Card root, and I have the files sighax_backup_firm and an encrypted version of that. I'm guessing I can only fix my no boot with a hard mod?

Leanny

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For me the following happened:
1. I followed the 3ds.guide to update from al9h to b9s.
2. After configurating LUMA it showed a splash screen after rebooting (it didnt before). Looks like it was booting old menu hax files where I didnt even know that I still have them.
3. After deleting my theme, I was able to boot. It looks like it downgraded my firmware from 11.4 to 9.2 and also deleted the entries to all apps I had installed. It kind of looks like it restored a really old backup and I dont know why.

Did that happen to anyone else as well? (Btw, I can press start/select at boot and boot the .firm files, so I guess the installation was successful at least)

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bootstrap9 is the superior version, but it doesn't install the firmware itself to the BootROM; meanwhile, derrek's does. At least, that is my understanding...
hi m8, what did you do about 3DSafe A9LH ver? did you upgrade with it installed but disable the pin?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.