Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I updated successfully but having trouble dumping arm11, arm 9, and otp. Its not loading. Is a backup needed like dumping a backup of nand?

mbcrazed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I can tell unlike boot9strap, sighax actually fully installs target_firm.bin, rather than setting it to launch boot.firm from SD root every boot. Did you have target_firm.bin on your SD, and if so what was it? This is probably why you bricked, and thus is why we have a guide.
Sighax is already looking like a fail compared to b9s just because of ease of use.
I used the file provided on the site for sighax, and that was it. If it's bricked, that's fine. I'm okay with soldering, so if I need to hardmod than I won't worry too much.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
"
Warning: Do not install random firmwares, otherwise you risk a brick!
From what I can tell unlike boot9strap, sighax actually fully installs target_firm.bin, rather than setting it to launch boot.firm from SD root every boot. Did you have target_firm.bin on your SD, and if so what was it? This is probably why you bricked, and thus is why we have a guide.
Sighax is already looking like a fail compared to b9s just because of ease of use.
Warning: Do not install random firmwares, otherwise you risk a brick!

Reactions: iAqua

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more concerned with a separate bootloader like ctrbootmanager, since now that we are no longer booting from the SD card Luma3DS updates now carry a risk of bricking your 3DS.
B9S still boots from the SD card, it just uses a file called boot.firm instead of arm9loaderhax.bin.

Orbiting234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restore a nand backup and try again? If both say firm is corrupted while backing it up then it probably is corrupted

Any idea how or why it would say the firm is corrupted on both systems? Both were setup just the beginning of this week following the 3ds.guide site to the letter and turned out great. So if they are indeed corrupted, isn't that indicative of something in the current guide having caused the corruption to begin with?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the file provided on the site for sighax, and that was it. If it's bricked, that's fine. I'm okay with soldering, so if I need to hardmod than I won't worry too much.
From what I see the sighax page doesn't actually have any target_firm.bin. What did you use? Chances are you installed something that wasn't a firmware as a firmware which borked the 3ds.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Any idea how or why it would say the firm is corrupted on both systems? Both were setup just the beginning of this week following the 3ds.guide site to the letter and turned out great. So if they are indeed corrupted, isn't that indicative of something in the current guide having caused the corruption to begin with?
One of your files or more are broken. Try redownloading all the files and use a tool like Teracopy to copy the files since it will check if the file transfer was successful.

I was bold and used FTPDB and Filezilla on 2 different N3DSes. It's NOT RECOMMENDED but I'm stupid and it worked.

D

Deleted User

One of your files or more are broken. Try redownloading all the files and use a tool like Teracopy to copy the files since it will check if the file transfer was successful.

I was bold and used FTPDB and Filezilla on 2 different N3DSes. It's NOT RECOMMENDED but I'm stupid and it worked.
Why not use FTPDB and Filezilla?

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
IMO, being able to pull down future system updates and being able to update your cfw accordingly is a pretty damn big benefit of going this route....
Im not really tech savy for the 3ds, what is being able to pull down future updates? Does that mean blocking updates? And update firmware accordingly?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm more concerned with a separate bootloader like ctrbootmanager, since now that we are no longer booting from the SD card Luma3DS updates now carry a risk of bricking your 3DS.

That only applies if you use Derrek's sighax (from sighax dot com) rather than boot9strap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eTlZ0qcSZf4?si=0vpkdIWplaLMFVqv