Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

hurrz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Damnit, I did not take my second hacked console with me to install sighax to the 11.4 one via dsiwarehax ... I'm on the go for the whole weekend.
Well, I could do some uni stuff instead then [emoji28]

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to downgrade to 11.3?
If there was, DSiWarehax would be a moot point and 11.4 wouldn't need sighax to be hackable.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how does dsiwarehax work? i really dont get it
I'm assuming you mean "how do you use DSiWarehax to install this on 11.4".

You buy and download a DSiWare game from the eShop on a 3DS with CFW. You then use GodMode9 to inject an exploitable game and its exploited save into NAND. Then, (after making a NAND backup on your CFW console to restore later) you do a System Transfer to the 11.4 console to move the exploited DSiWare to the unhacked console.

DSiWare has access to NAND, so at that point you can write sighax to your NAND using the same general exploit that a hardmod would use.

Doing a system transfer moves over your NNID from the source console, so it's not without its negatives.

Reactions: hurrz

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone ever wondered how closely Nintendo follows Sites/Threads like this? I just feel like there is some Nintendo employee reading this thread and silently saying to himself/herself, "f***...."
Well, at least the engineer who wrote the signature verification routine in the 3DS bootrom is only responsible for a gaming device. What about the person who screwed up authentication in Intel AMT, which is included in every Intel CPU sold in the past decade (or longer)? :V

Last edited by GerbilSoft, , Reason: Better article.

Ichiriki

Trophies
XP
Country
If there's any need of an spanish(spanish from spain, not south american) translator, it'd be nice for me to help if needed.
Btw i didn't understood what just happened so many posts xD

Reactions: hurrz and XRaTiX

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, at least the engineer who wrote the signature verification routine in the 3DS bootrom is only responsible for a gaming device. What about the person who screwed up authentication in Intel AMT, which is included in every Intel CPU sold in the past decade (or longer)? :V

Not to mention that at least the 3DS bootrom can't be exploited remotely.

Reactions: VzUh and GerbilSoft

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
has anyone ever wondered how closely Nintendo follows Sites/Threads like this? I just feel like there is some Nintendo employee reading this thread and silently saying to himself/herself, "f***...."
The 3DS is already wide open for the most part. This will just make some things a bit easier. So it's still nothing out of the blue for Nintendo.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS is already wide open for the most part. This will just make some things a bit easier. So it's still nothing out of the blue for Nintendo.
True, True. Sighax isn't miles ahead of A9LH like A9LH was to 9.2 sysnand, but i'm wondering if it can get any better than this. B-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof