pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just around 24 hours waiting isn't that hard, fun fact tomorrow is my bday
Happy Birthday!
Am I the only one who thinks Sighax is overhyped?
No. But I'm excited about being able to decrypt games on the PC. I don't have to shuffle games between PC and 3DS for ROM hacking.

Reactions: adrifcastr
D

Deleted User

Um, no, definitely not tomorrow

EDIT: Nevermind
Yall got sniped [emoji41]

But for real, this is hype. I'm gonna back up my local saves and do some system transfer magic that I planned out to get this on my n3ds with 11.4 and ofw. I am so excited.

Reactions: hurrz

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't we decrypt roms without a 3DS with a dumped bootrom?
Yes. Actually, the only keypair that's unknown right now is keyslot 0x2C (for both retail and debug), which is used for "standard" encryption. The three "secure" variants (0x25, 7.x; 0x18, Secure3; 0x1B, Secure4) were all dumped because they were part of system updates, not the boot ROM.

The problem is keyslot 0x2C is still used for, among other things, the ExHeader and ExeFS header, which makes it impossible to decrypt those sections. (This, incidentally, is what allows a game cartridge icon to show up on old firmware, even if it uses the newer encryption.)

The retail Slot0x3DKeyX is also currently unknown. This keyslot is used for CIA decryption. (The debug version is known. It was most likely extracted from leaked SDK tools.)

Last edited by GerbilSoft,
Reactions: Selver

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess dumped bootrom in a few hours??
I think it's been dumped by Hedge already. ScriesM had tweeted something yesterday as well hinting at things which is how I came to that conclusion: https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/865321232308228096
ScriesM and Myriachan we're doing the brute-force and it sounded like they made out well. I guess Derrek posted today* and here we are today waiting for SigHax to drop like the ball at Time Square on New Year's Eve. :D

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's been dumped by Hedge already. ScriesM had tweeted something yesterday as well hinting at things which is how I came to that conclusion: https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/865321232308228096
ScriesM and another dev who I can't remember their name at the moment(so sorry, I'll edit it) we're doing the brute-force and it sounded like they made out well. I guess Derrek posted yesterday as well and here we are today waiting for SigHax to drop like the ball at Time Square on New Year's Eve. :D
Derrek posted today.

Reactions: BL4Z3D247
D

Deleted User

ScriesM and another dev who I can't remember their name at the moment(so sorry, I'll edit it) we're doing the brute-force and it sounded like they made out well. I guess Derrek posted yesterday as well and here we are today waiting for SigHax to drop like the ball at Time Square on New Year's Eve. :D

Myriachan is the other person doing the bruteforcing I believe.

Though it's actually not going to be Hedge's bootrom/bruteforce, from what I've seen anyways. It's probably going to be derrek releasing it, because he's been hinting at it a bunch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi