Homebrew SigHax is out. Does it mean I can "revive" a bricked N3DS from 2015?

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys,

since SigHax is released, does it mean it's possible to unbrick a bricked N3DS which was bricked through an accidentally deleted SysApp?
My brother hacked his N3DS and deleted instead of booting a SysFile with FBI while he was
distracted.
It is bricked. Recovery Menu does not work either.

Since SigHax is out, can we revive his old device?

https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(hardmod)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yes. But only after the newly discovered backdoor in bootrom is exploited. They found a button combo that makes bootrom look for a FIRM on a slot-1 cart. Certain DS carts might be be able to be programmed so that you can store a FIRM payload on them and make bootrom boot it. This will revive any bricked console pretty much.

Barring that, you will still need to nand mod your console. THough if it's been bricked since 2015, waiting a little while longer for possible boot9 cart hax is probably worth it. :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. But only after the newly discovered backdoor in bootrom is exploited. They found a button combo that makes bootrom look for a FIRM on a slot-1 cart. Certain DS carts might be be able to be programmed so that you can store a FIRM payload on them and make bootrom boot it. This will revive any bricked console pretty much.
Is this already possible?
Would be awesome if you could explain it a bit more how to do it.
I totally want to repair this device for my brother

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Is this already possible?
Would be awesome if you could explain it a bit more how to do it.
I totally want to repair this device for my brother

Technically yes. But is not yet implemented. There are some looking into getting the AceKard 2i to work as the payload cart. But doing it will be tricky. Bootrom uses a different blowfish key and implements it in a non standard way, so many flashcarts can't be used since many hardcode the blowfish key. AceKard is one of the few that don't. It may be a little bit for anything is ready.

But if you had a nand backup, you could have already recovered your brick via a nand mod by the way. Not sure why you let it sit like that for so long. :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It works without the ds vuln. Hardmod is enough. After you have sighax you can flash a ctrnand image.
what does that mean exactly? Could you explain it a bit more?
What do I need to do step by step?

But if you had a nand backup, you could have already recovered your brick via a nand mod by the way. Not sure why you let it sit like that for so long. :P

Unfortunately there's no NAND Backup for this device. Otherwise I would've repaired it already^^
PS: Thank you for helping me out modifying my o3DS NAND to get it to work on my N3DS around 2 years ago xD I'll never forget that :)

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
//edit

Can't wait to fix bricked 3DSes I have here from my brother and from friends.

When you fix bricked 3DSes that have no NAND backup, the top and bottom screen voltages will be off as they will be using the default set in the CTRNAND image that is flashed.
This means that in some cases, you will need to manually adjust the voltages using the config dev app until you get a good result.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah search Google