How to UNBRICK your N3dsXL with NO SysNAND Backup File With B9S (Sighax) and Hardmod

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by joker_77, May 26, 2017.

1. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I haven't seen any evidence that it works. It might only work for flashcarts that are modified already. I tried with a normal DSTwo and it didn't work.

Koko-Kun and Stephano like this.

2. Shad0w136

Shad0w136 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    United States
    This could be the one thing to save my bricked 2ds that is unable to use the regular recovery menu XD

3. Stephano

Stephano I love you Charlie

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Engineering Prison
    what all flashcards will be able to work?

4. Shad0w136

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    United States
    I'd like to know as well. I've heard of flashcarts but have never purchased or used one myself.

Stephano likes this.
  5. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Acekard 2i and DSTwo should be able to work but I think they'll have to be reflashed first before they can be autobooted like that.

Stephano likes this.
  6. Shad0w136

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    United States
    Ahh, mind if I ask which one you would personally recommend? I would just like to know I purchased one that works, and when I do, to eventually fix my mistake xD

7. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you want to actually play DS games then R4i 3DS Gold (I think that's what it's called).
    If you're interested in the DSBoothax thing, then there's a chance DSTwo won't work, so get an Acekard.

Shad0w136 likes this.
  8. Shad0w136

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    United States
    Ahh, thanks! Acekard it is :)

Quantumcat likes this.
  9. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    Would this work with consoles that were hardbricked downgrading with the wrong firmware type (O3DS files on N3DS and vice versa)? Or would Sysnand be screwed?

10. Myria

Myria GBAtemp Fan

Jul 24, 2014
    United States
    It really does work. I've used it to unbrick a 3DS and to install boot9strap on a 3DS with 11.4.0.

I just don't want to say which card we're using so we can avoid a run on these carts.

11. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Any idea on when this will go public?
    I hate asking devs that type of question but it's driving me nuts. Have a new2ds on the way.

Last edited by zoogie, May 31, 2017
    BL4Z3D247, Quantumcat and Shad0w136 like this.
  12. szczetyk

szczetyk Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2012
    Poland
    Hi probably not the right place to ask, but after doing this tutorial is there a way/software to set (edit with hxd or any other way) the console (nand) that initial settings are set (initial config)?
    I have probably hardware issues with touchscreen controler / microchip so I cannot even start setting it up initially...

13. dekuleon

dekuleon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    dekuleon is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 1, 2010
    Brazil
    where the wind makes the curve
    Will this fix any kind of brick? I brick one 3DS by updating using CIAs and other 3DS by using DSIWare hax to downgrade FIRM.

14. joker_77
    OP

joker_77 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    Mexico
    it should works for u just try it and reply if it worked or not !!! Advice: if you dont know how to perform a harmod on 3ds you should ask a technician to do it for you

dekuleon likes this.
  15. dekuleon

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 1, 2010
    Brazil
    Thanks for the advice, I did many hardmods, and it's a 3ds xl and a new 3ds XL, the two most easy in my opinion :)

16. joker_77
    OP

joker_77 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    Mexico
    yep Iam agree with you second advice is just that you have to save the bricked nand just to be used as a checkpoint .. good luck :)

17. dekuleon

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 1, 2010
    Brazil
    Can you help me fixing this? http://gbatemp.net/threads/weird-3ds-now-bricked-by-dsiware-method.457596/
    I guess my firmware was 11.2 at that time, and doing this tutorial here with 11.2 Firm didn't solve the problem, boots in bluescreen for now.

Maybe when the DS method is released i'll be abble to fix?

Thanks!

gamesquest1 likes this.
  18. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    You will have to try jump through hoops backwards, figure out what was the last firmware the tools attempted to downgrade too, it's possible you used the incorrect "source" nand at the time, I have unbricked a system in a similar position but the blind hops around can be very tedious and annoying especially when there was a series of mistakes/conflicting guides and version eye, especially if you don't remember exactly what tools and options were used to arrive at the eventual brick

Personally in your position unless you want to do some mental gymnastics and tedious trial and error work I would just wait on magnethax to be released as that should fix it with no real effort involved

19. xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 29, 2015
    Liverpool
    Would this method work with a fullbricked N3DS?
    One SystemTitle got deleted via FBI on it and it's unable to boot into HomeMenu nor into Recovery-Menu.
    Would this work?

20. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Yeah almost certainly, just use a hardmod to install sighax and do a clean ctrtransfer to get your system back into a bootable state

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx likes this.