ROM Hack ShiverBot - Splatoon 3 memory editor using sys-botbase

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this explains the low level players with op gear. Why not actually earn it by battling and not cheating?
we got a non believer in gbatemp guys
1671479812290.png

Sayshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I just got banned yesterday with the same results people have been posting here. Here is my story.

I never used shiverbot, but did experiment with some ram editing like chunks and super sea snails (which might have been the biggest flag).

My cfw switch can't connect to Nintendo services at all, and my second switch can use my account, but is banned from going online in splatoon 3.

I wrote to Nintendo and they responded with that the ban was permanent. Played a ton of the game and have around 200 hours into it already. Everything I had I could have got legitimately. I only edited since I was curious if it was possible and didn't have the time to grind.

I just feel kind of... empty inside, I spent a lot of legitimate hours into splatoon 3... didn't cheat or ruin the gameplay experience for anyone.

I've been a Nintendo Fan for years but this... this kind of feels like a big betrayal...

The real irony is that I never even used those super sea snails anyway, I could have just not experimented and not got banned... imo it's incredibly harsh and now it's like they've just wasted the money I paid for both the game and the Nintendo online subscription.

It's just... really harsh... just for experimenting with some ram editing, they've treating everyone with the same ban as if they used malicious cheats or technqiues online, or pirating a game. I can't believe my switch and splatoon 3 experience has been ruined....

Last edited by Sayshi,

EvilBakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello

A new Splatfest is coming so i wanted to use Shiverbot to start preparing a drawing, however the game got updated and i could not connect

To solve it i made this txt file

Just put it inside the Shiverbot addresses folder and you'll be able to connect

Attachments

• EDA0A1DBA0EA1C0C.txt
    44 bytes · Views: 77

Stardust3033

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got banned yesterday with the same results people have been posting here. Here is my story.

I never used shiverbot, but did experiment with some ram editing like chunks and super sea snails (which might have been the biggest flag).

My cfw switch can't connect to Nintendo services at all, and my second switch can use my account, but is banned from going online in splatoon 3.

I wrote to Nintendo and they responded with that the ban was permanent. Played a ton of the game and have around 200 hours into it already. Everything I had I could have got legitimately. I only edited since I was curious if it was possible and didn't have the time to grind.

I just feel kind of... empty inside, I spent a lot of legitimate hours into splatoon 3... didn't cheat or ruin the gameplay experience for anyone.

I've been a Nintendo Fan for years but this... this kind of feels like a big betrayal...

The real irony is that I never even used those super sea snails anyway, I could have just not experimented and not got banned... imo it's incredibly harsh and now it's like they've just wasted the money I paid for both the game and the Nintendo online subscription.

It's just... really harsh... just for experimenting with some ram editing, they've treating everyone with the same ban as if they used malicious cheats or technqiues online, or pirating a game. I can't believe my switch and splatoon 3 experience has been ruined....
legitimately can’t tell if this is bait or not but idk why u feel that way. hacking the game is literally cheating, in any capacity. you editing chunks and shells may give u better gear and therefore a better advantage over players who earned their gear legitimately. you are cheating. and feeling betrayed bc you got caught for HACKING and going against their TOS which u agreed to in the first place is so goofy. play stupid games, win stupid prizes man

halfashark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

ok bro if you aren't lying then wtf
if you care so much about a game and your save file that getting banned upsets you this much then why cheat on your main?
if you really, really want to cheat then please get a 2nd switch and make a burner acc or something. if you can't do that for whatever reason then d o n ' t c h e a t.

it's that simple. wtf is with y'all.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, no shit sherlock. Nintendo has rules in place for a reason, and that is to not invite bad actors into other people's games and spoil the fun for them all. If you haven't messed with cheats online in the first place, then you wouldn't have gotten banned.

Next time, don't be dickish and cheat online. Simple.

Sayshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I didn't mean to seem entitled or anything, I was stupid and I admit it.
I realize taking shortcuts to get better gear was bad. I didn't mean to ruin the gameplay experience for others. I could have gotten the same gear specs by just diving out my gear abilities instead of making pures of course. I didn't mean to ruin anything for anyone ><;

I guess I'll just have to start over on a new account and live with the fact my cfw switch is now offline... I genuinly didn't mean ill for anyone and I'll consider this a learning opportunity for me.

I didn't realize there was so much toxicity here when it comes to people getting banned. I learnt my lesson sure, but you all don't have to be prunes and kick me while I'm down about it.

Last edited by Sayshi,
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I realize taking shortcuts to get better gear was bad. I didn't mean to ruin the gameplay experience for others. I could have gotten the same gear specs by just diving out my gear abilities instead of making pures of course. I didn't mean to ruin anything for anyone ><;

I guess I'll just have to start over on a new account and live with the fact my cfw switch is now offline...
More importantly, I'm kind of shocked at the toxicity here when it comes to being sad over mistakes. I genuinly didn't mean ill for anyone and I'll consider this a learning opportunity for me.

I didn't realize there was so much toxicity here when it comes to people getting banned. I learnt my lesson sure, but you all don't have to be prunes and kick me while I'm down about it.
My apologies for going overboard. But you must remember that a ban is a ban, you can't resolve anything once the damage is done. A new account isn't going to work once your console is banned, as its linked to the hardware itself. Even if you use an EmuNAND or have formatted the system to defaults, it's not gonna happen.

Reactions: Stardust3033

Stardust3033

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I guess I'll just have to start over on a new account and live with the fact my cfw switch is now offline...
More importantly, I'm kind of shocked at the toxicity here when it comes to being sad over mistakes. I genuinly didn't mean ill for anyone and I'll consider this a learning opportunity for me.

no one here is trying to actively be mean to you about it, you messed up and basically called nintnedo cruel for enforcing their own rules. the main reason ppl are like that on here is because the hacking scene is FILLED with ample warnings about the dangers and consequences about hacking and cheating. YOU accepted all the terms by following the guides and using the tools. YOU ignored everything and posted a sob story as to why "nintendo is being so mean". thats just the facts of it. but no i did not mean to come off as rude.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Fumiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I might sound like a noob now but how do I check the seed? I am inputing the values I have in my gear and it's not finding anythig

Mhetralla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I might sound like a noob now but how do I check the seed? I am inputing the values I have in my gear and it's not finding anythig
The addresses have not been updated to work with the 2.0.1 update. The only thing available is the txt with the updated BID posted some posts ago by EvilBakura, which allows to at least use the post printer.
I'm trying to get in contact with Taishiro, he has discontinued the program on his GitHub, but maybe he can help us to find the needed "gearBase" value needed for ShiverBot to work with the latest update.

Mhetralla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I finally got it to see the 2.0.1 update seeds! Thanks to @Taishiro for the tips on how your program works.

Add the attached .txt to the addresses folder in the ShiverBot directory, and restart the program if it was opened.

1. Open the updated Splatoon 3 on your Switch and ShiverBot on your computer.
  2. Connect ShiverBot to the Switch. The program will nag you about being incompatible with the update. Ignore that.
  3. Press the "meta" button in the Advanced section. Take note of the "Build ID".
  4. Create a txt file in the addresses folder and name it with the "Build ID" you got in the last step (if you are creating the file for any other language that is not US English, you have to use language code from the next step like this: buildid.languagecode.txt).
  5. Following the structure of the other files in that folder, fill up the Splatoon version, the language code (here's the list of codes) and the gearBase address.
  6. To get the gearBase value, you have to run Edizon-SE alongside Splatoon 3 on your Switch. Choose "Search in RAM",set Type as "u32", Mode as "==", and Region as "HEAP". Then search in Hex the seed of any headgear you know the value and go to the Memory Editor.
  7. Once you get there, open this image made by @belliq. This is the gear structure. Check if the values in the screen are the same of the gear you searched the value. (List of gear and their internal IDs)
  8. Go up until you find the first gear in memory. It'll probably have the internal ID 1 (White Headband). Make sure it's the first gear in memory, if you go up more from there it will mostly be 00000000 in the memory.
  9. Go to the address with the EXP value of the first gear in memory. Write down the address shown of that value, it's shown on the top left of the screen. (It will be something like "Heap+00BE23CAC8")
  10. Back in your computer, write in the gearBase field the address you got in the last step, minus the "Heap+00" part. (following the last example, "BE23CAC8")
  11. Save the txt file and start ShiverBot again. It should work again now.

I'm thinking about forking ShiverBot, I have some ideas for new, safe features to improve to continue the project. Stay tuned, I'll post here if I end up doing it. :)

IMPORTANT! There's always a risk involved in running Custom Firmware and connecting to Nintendo servers. You never know what they can detect. There has been already Splatoon banwaves caused by modying the RAM values inside the game. They could be also checking if sys-botbase is running in the background. The console sends periodically logs to Nintendo, so even running Atmosphere can trigger a console ban.
My advice to run ShiverBot, and anything CFW/homebrew related, while still playing online is:
Create an emuNAND and use it to do all CFW stuff, while keeping the sysNAND untouched. To use ShiverBot, extract the save file from the sysNAND (I use NxNandManager and Hekate, but I'm sure there are easier ways to do it) and put the save file in the emuNAND which has blocked connections with Nintendo and blank the console serial numbers (incognito-rcm or modifying Exosphere). This is more tedious to do, but this way you'll be completely safe).

Attachments

• EDA0A1DBA0EA1C0C.txt
    44 bytes · Views: 53
Last edited by Mhetralla,

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And it's not playing with power if you get banned. :rofl2:
you laugh but I've done a lot and gain a lot of fans because of cheating. and I rarely get ban and when I do I always come back O: I'm friends with M2k and other popular youtubers because of cheats O8 and I'll never stop

Raizel24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello i download the ShiverBot and extract on my computer but there is no ShiverBot exe to open the application.. need help please i wanna try this on my offline switch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4