Finding Splatoon 3 Gear Seeds: Safe Method

belliq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If the Shiverbot banwave has prevented you from running Splatoon 3 on CFW because you're worried Ninty will change their minds about going after read-only usage like I stress about, here's the thread for you. This is currently the only undetectable way to get the seeds* as you don't need to log into the game in CFW at any point, online or offline. It's basically the same way Shiverbot found the seeds but you're reading the RAM via CE instead of SB or Edizon.

*not including decrypted save reading but there's no public tool yet afaik

Requirements:

Ryujinx
Cheat Engine (watch out for bloatware, and you'll need to disable Windows Security during install)
Your current Splat3 save.dat, dumped to your PC (via JKSV etc.)
XCI/NSP of Splat3, must be the version you currently play on stock

You must know the seed of at least one piece of gear you own to find the addresses, or be able to narrow it down to an amount of seeds you can search easily. Use Lean's guide with the database and recovery tabs to keep track since it takes a bit of grinding. Ideally you have a seed from each type of gear (head, body, shoes) to make it quicker but it's not required.

Steps:

1) Load Splat3 and your save file on Ryujinx (ignore missing services should be enabled in Ryujinx's options), be in the square

2) Open CE, Edit > Settings > Scan Settings > enable MEM_MAPPED, hit OK

3) Select the process to open button on the left and choose Ryujinx with the Title ID, not the console

4) Tick the Hex box and input your known seed as the value (eg. A1F33344, btw don't wear the gear you're searching!), then click 'First Scan', three to six addresses should appear on the left with the value. Right click any of them and select 'Browse this memory region'. In the window that appears, right click the bottom section and choose Display Type > 4 Byte hex

5) Scroll up ten lines or so from your seed, here's a diagram of what all of the data is, thank you ezkitty for the original post about it. All values are in hex, you can swap to decimal via Display Type > 4 Byte Decimal if needed.

VskP6GQ.png

All of the gear data in this area is of the type your seed is from, like if your seed is of a sweater then it's all the clothing. This is why it's good to have a seed from each type, although if you only have one you can scroll up or down for a few minutes through addresses to get the others, they're ordered head - body - shoes with a lot of 00000000 in-between.

Personally to make it easier to read I copy-paste the entire section into a text editor, separate each gear at the ID onto a new line by pressing enter, and then copy-paste that into google sheets, click Format > Number > Plain Text to stop it from converting and Data > Split text to columns. That way all the values appear neatly on a grid and I can collapse each column of data that I don't need, eventually I end up with only the data I want visible that I can input easily into the gear database.

I hope that was all pretty clear, I have no prior experience with code (am artist) so it might read like a for-dummies, but that's because I am one.

Last edited by belliq,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you say 100%ly that this wont do anything? Seeing as you are still editing save data it seems no different from any method of editing files.

belliq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you say 100%ly that this wont do anything? Seeing as you are still editing save data it seems no different from any method of editing files.
You're not editing anything at all with this method nor are you supposed to, the only goal is to read the data off the save in Ryujinx, not change any of it. Can the Switch's telemetry record when you copy your save file in JKSV to the SD card? If yes, would Nintendo ban for that? That's the single step of the process that your Switch is involved with, absolutely everything else is done in your PC.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sadly does this part not a fully safe method "Your current Splat3 save.dat, dumped to your PC (via JKSV etc.)"

But it sure as heck makes it a lot safer.

belliq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sadly does this part not a fully safe method "Your current Splat3 save.dat, dumped to your PC (via JKSV etc.)"

But it sure as heck makes it a lot safer.
Agreed, I'm still like 10% nervous that I dumped it as I can't afford another console but they have no history of banning for exporting saves to your SD card which is why I'm confident that it'll turn out okay. Let's call it "the safest method possible that involves CFW" since the only other way to do it would be manually finding every seed in-game which is insanely expensive and time consuming and at that point it would be easier to just spend the 30 chunks to get the third slot.

Reactions: linuxares

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.