I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I really wish people knew how to edit posts... seriously, half of the posts are useless posts (or just incompetence
tongue.gif
kidding)

I'll be fixing up some issues this weekend, so if you guys have any, now's the time to let me know
smile.gif

--Henry

Typhoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Typhoe:
I'll check my code, see if there's anything funny in there. It would be nice if I had Linux to test on
smile.gif

Thank you Hankchill!

I think you only have a Mac? If you want, you can download a LiveCD of linux to try Rominator on it:
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/downloadmirrors
It won't touch your hard drive (understand, write on it) and you still be able to use Rominator to try to see the problem.

Or maybe you can try a solution like "parallel" ( http://www.parallels.com/ ). They offer a trial version.

Anyway, thank you for the support!

Regards,
Typhoe

PS: If you want me to try a "debug" version to get you more log/trace on the execution of the program, you can also PM me. I'll be glad to help you if I can.

F2a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated to the new version from 3.0 and wow hank. You did an amazing job. I love being able to hide game icons it makes the program sooo much faster. And being able to sort statistics by region is freakin sweet (I requested it a long time ago). Keep up the good work!

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just updated to the new version from 3.0 and wow hank. You did an amazing job. I love being able to hide game icons it makes the program sooo much faster. And being able to sort statistics by region is freakin sweet (I requested it a long time ago). Keep up the good work!

Very much seconded mate. Invaluable feature to me. Great work Hank
wink.gif

Any hints on what you have in store for future versions?
biggrin.gif

Pantera

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there any chance for the statistics that it could remember my preferences for example I'm only interested in USA region and each time I have to unselect the other regions. Great program and thanks for all the work you've put into it.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, it looks like Rominator has inspired a lot of first-time users to GBAtemp. Welcome
smile.gif

I can definitely have it remember which ones have been checked for the next version.

As for the future, that's up to you
smile.gif

I'm preparing a list shortly with the features that I am planning on adding in. Off the top of my head, here's what I can think of:

• Screenshots
• Game Descriptions
• Multi-Flash Card support (Specifically for Mac OS X, because on Windows you can assign your flash drive to, say E: for example and any card you put in E: will read. On the Mac, it reads by drive name)

I have other things suggested, I'll let you know soon.

Pantera

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much Hank Chill I can't wait to use the next version that comes out as well as seeing all the new features that will be added in.

Typhoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
• Multi-Flash Card support (Specifically for Mac OS X, because on Windows you can assign your flash drive to, say E: for example and any card you put in E: will read. On the Mac, it reads by drive name)
Hi,

well, that the same in linux. The card is usually "automounted" using its "label/drive name" as alias.
Ex: In ubuntu, if you labeled your card "MicroSD_2Go", it will be mounted each time under the path: /media/MicroSD_2Go

Regards,
Typhoe

Pantera

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hank I have a quick question when you delete a game from the flash drive it gives you the option to backup the save which I tried doing but it didn't seem to actually backup the save. Where does the save file go.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hank I have a quick question when you delete a game from the flash drive it gives you the option to backup the save which I tried doing but it didn't seem to actually backup the save. Where does the save file go.

It does back up the save. It goes inside the 'backup.rsd' database, so Rominator can access it easier.

It was already mentioned multiple times previously. Use the search before asking please
smile.gif
I'm trying my hardest to get the online help up.

Brenex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I mention that 0694 and 0695 (Brain Boost gamma and beta) have their game cover art switched?

Excellent work Hank, great program!

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hank, would it be possible to make it so when you press the red X to delete a ROM, it only deletes it from the Rominator list and NOT actually deletes the NDS file?

Or could you add key commands so that when you press the DELETE button, it removes from list and when you press SHIFT+DELETE it removes it both from list and folder?

There are times when I've wanted to just remove the ROM from the list only, to then find its deleted the file as well.

Also, 1133 to 1171 (EU and US ROM's only) don't have game icons. Is this a Rominator or ROM issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.